A Thread About Absolutely Nothing! Part III

Thanks, you guys. I dislike it when she hates having to text me. She hates that I can't hear on a phone, and won't use the relay, so she has to text or email me and she says it's too much work ! Does she not understand she has a deaf daughter?

I think I would call it extreme frustration rather than anxiety; that is a feeling I know. Also, I am unclear about part of this which one will not use the relay? Her or you?

I think I would call it extreme frustration rather than anxiety; that is a feeling I know. Also, I am unclear about part of this which one will not use the relay? Her or you?
Mom does not want to use the relay.

Mom does not want to use the relay.

I don't know what her problem with it is but . . . do you have a cell phone? If so, have you looked at http://www.innocaption.com/? You do need simultaneous voice & data on your phone but she just needs to learn to use a different 10 digit number (that InnoCaption will assign to you) to call you like she would anyone else. No remembering a log in process for either of you.

My only connection to them is as a satisfied user.

AC, on their iPhones, my siblings and I text one another and they and I have the option of using the keyboard or speaking, using voice technology......the times I have spoken during these conversations, the voice recognition technology is great....meaning accurate, etc. For me it is especially great when my wife is driving our Jeep Wrangler such as on this now 7K mile motor trip because of the jostling around, my fingers err lots! Lol.....I am going to get into the habit now of speaking while texting cuz it is so much faster....

Deaf people does suffer anxiety if their families don't understand about their needs, so frustration and anxiety do get combined. It isn't uncommon to see deaf people became anxious and frustration over communication issue.

I do have an iPhone. I use it all day long with family and friends. She has one too. She just claims texting is just "too much work!" And that upsets me because it's the only way she wants to communicate, and then doesn't. She'll even call my hearing husband to talk to me so she can avoid texting, but then he has to interpret what she says. Super frustrating at times.

I do have an iPhone. I use it all day long with family and friends. She has one too. She just claims texting is just "too much work!" And that upsets me because it's the only way she wants to communicate, and then doesn't. She'll even call my hearing husband to talk to me so she can avoid texting, but then he has to interpret what she says. Super frustrating at times.
AC, in my response above, I meant to suggest maybe she could speak while texting so she won't have to use the keyboard.....

AC, in my response above, I meant to suggest maybe she could speak while texting so she won't have to use the keyboard.....
I know some people with Parkinson's Disease use the voice texting because it's hard for them to use the keyboards on their phones. It seems to work well.

Wow... I'd be anxious too, as for a long time my mom and aunt didn't really care for texting (or anything computer related- mom still won't do email). The twins are in their 70s and do very well with texting now- I think they wound up adapting partly due to me and partly because my sister (hearing) gravitated to texting as well (along with the grandchildren...).

The voice to text would work well- my father recently had to upgrade his phone from the lil flip phone he had (predictive text lol) to a smart phone. While the whole idea of a smart phone drives him nuts- he actually likes the ability to speak to send a text- he showed me and it works very well.

It is cold and rainy, might get snow tonight. No !!!

yuck!

Last time I ever saw snow this late was in PA 20+ years ago. I can't remember if it was the end of April or end of May. The latest I ever saw snow falling was mid June- in Colorado Springs lol.

vintage-train-animated-gif-3.gif

Yesterday I made appointment with Tristan (barber) between 10:30am-11am. When I arrived 10:55am today due to metro delay so the cashier said they have 10 minute late policy. I was not even late, because I arrived in between 1030-11. He ruined my day, and I never want to go back due to poor customer satisfaction. I was surprised to get this kind of service after hearing how great this place is. I did not want to argue with cashier and left immediately with disappointed look, and pressed one star on their Yelp page.

too busy with college don't think I disappeared and I'm on Facebook most of the time tho lol ;)

Yesterday I made appointment with Tristan (barber) between 10:30am-11am. When I arrived 10:55am today due to metro delay so the cashier said they have 10 minute late policy. I was not even late, because I arrived in between 1030-11. He ruined my day, and I never want to go back due to poor customer satisfaction. I was surprised to get this kind of service after hearing how great this place is. I did not want to argue with cashier and left immediately with disappointed look, and pressed one star on their Yelp page.
I find it strange that you can make an appt for "between 10:30 and 11:00". Not saying it doesn't happen (I use walk in salons so don't have experience making hair spots and I don't live where you do). I wonder if they put you down for 10:30, hence you were over 10 mins late?

Looking forward to a nice long weekend. Been a frazzling week so far.

Back