A Return to Moon?

It's about time!!! I can't believe that I was 7 years old when they landed on the moon, and I'll be past retirement age by the time we get to Mars. And I'll be long dead by the time the first interstellar mission takes off, even though it is possible to build an interstellar spacecraft using existing technology.

Yay! It is about time for us to see men land women and and set up a permanent lunar base on moon! Most importantly, it would be neat to see men and women land on Mars for our benefits by adding knowledge, education, pride and accomplishments.

The warp speed and/or hyper speed technology are key to our success to our interstellar exploratory missions.

Anything is possible, folks! :)

That first sentence is a little strange, KingCobra. Are you suggesting that we send all the women to the moon? :mrgreen:

Get a sex operation..... or actually understand women :wiggle:

Back on topic... I sure hope the Columbus tragedy won't be repeated.

yes, about time to see NASA are thinking about return to Moon, I would love to see Deaf people up there to touch, it will be a nice one.

Liza said:
Get a sex operation..... or actually understand women :wiggle:

Back on topic... I sure hope the Columbus tragedy won't be repeated.

Did you mean Columbia or the Challenger tragedy? I certainly hope that a similar thing won't happen at all -- I'm pretty sure things are being done to ensure nothing like that occurs again in the near future.

i am sure she meant both, Columbia and Challenger, Waterrat. All of those rocket explosions with passengers on it are tragedies.

Hmph, seem that I am the only one here that doesn't anticpate to see a human being hopping around on the moon. I know it brings us extraterrisal information and so-so but... it is all about race and being number uno country. The first trip to Moon was triggered by competetion senstation to beat the "Reds" back in the 50s when Russia was the biggest threat. Now they are doing it again, only this time it is a race with China. :ugh: Get over with it. It only happens with a man as our president. Would be completly different if we has a lady as our president :naughty:

gnarlydorkette said:
i am sure she meant both, Columbia and Challenger, Waterrat. All of those rocket explosions with passengers on it are tragedies.

Hmph, seem that I am the only one here that doesn't anticpate to see a human being hopping around on the moon. I know it brings us extraterrisal information and so-so but... it is all about race and being number uno country.

You got it, gnarlygirly! As much as I like thinking about space, I am not well versed in earth based space work. Columbia, Challenger.

As for the ET aspect.... don't fret if I tell you that methinks "they" are already here walking along us. I believe they do have the technology and different biology (different ET races, DNA, etc) *serious* you can consider something new pertaining to these: 12 Primary Stellar Races

With the technology we have today, they just might camp out on the Moon longer!

Levonian said:
That first sentence is a little strange, KingCobra. Are you suggesting that we send all the women to the moon? :mrgreen:

Oh no! :) I prefer to see the women be given equal opportunity as men to go to the moon and Mars. What stops us from giving those ladies a chance to go there?

The warp speed technology is currently in theoretical stage.

The hyperspeed technology got passed in testing on proving ground passed in Australia last spring. Next year or so, they will be tried in trial runs.

The transporter technology is currently tested by several universities in Switzerland, US, UK and a few other countries.

The anti-gravity technology is being researched heavily by universities, NASA, ESA and several private companies.

The anti-matter/matter technology is also heavily researched by universities, NASA, other space agencies and private companies.

The nanotechnology is heavily tested and researched by private companies and universities.

You can see that those technologies are key to our dreams to reach other solar systems beyond our own solar system, Sol and someday we will be able to fly to reach those destinations. We can learn infinitely from those new solar systems and even the materials there could help us to advance on our medical, scientific, technological and educational areas beyond our wildest expectations.

Dang, KingCobra—I thought you had a workable plan there. I can just see it now. You come home from work and find out that your wife has just spent $600 on designer satin bed sheets. Aaaargh! To the moon!

When I brought up the subject of interstellar spaceflight in my astronomy class, the professor told us that he had read research papers which demonstrated that it could be achieved using currently existing ion propulsion technology. He said that it was just a matter of scaling up the size of the engine, and that it was just an engineering problem. He said that if we pumped enough money into it, we could achieve interstellar spaceflight in less than 100 years. Even now, we have the necessary technology to accelerate an ounce of matter to half the speed of light. It would be pointless to do this, though. Building even one would cost trillions of dollars, and we have no idea whatsoever how to construct a usable probe that weighs only one ounce. But all this can change. It only took 65 years to go from the Wright Brothers’ first flight at Kitty Hawk to the first Lunar landing. Imagine what we could do 65 years from now. If we invested the required R&D money, children alive today could live long enough to see the first probes take off for the stars.

tekkmortal said:
Send all men as slaves to Mars? :nono:
:deal: read the constitution
If you sent all men to mars then where's the baby boom otherwise the population will start going down...

pimpdaddyposse said:
If you sent all men to mars then where's the baby boom otherwise the population will start going down...

I am not. I just told Liza not to send men to Mars. :laugh2:

I guess we could just leave them 500,000 tons of frozen sperm and let them figure it out for themselves. :mrgreen:

Back