A Question For Homosexuals

There you go! I think we have just shown that homosexuality is responsible behavior.:cheers:

:)
Ever read "The Wanting Seed" by Anthony Burgess? It describes an overpopulated world that has discrimination towards heterosexuals and encourages homosexuality. It's an interesting concept.

Nope. We don't have to worry about those social consequences when we are dealing with same sex couples. Simple fact.:wave:

You might want to check out the social consequences of unwanted teen pregnancy. Huge!

So in your opinion a teenage les. never has gotten pregnant. What a joke of the day.

Ever read "The Wanting Seed" by Anthony Burgess? It describes an overpopulated world that has discrimination towards heterosexuals and encourages homosexuality. It's an interesting concept.

Nope, but I will now! Full length book?

Nope, but I will now! Full length book?

Yep, but if I remember correctly, it was a short read. I wasn't a fan of the book overall (You just can't beat A Clockwork Orange from the same author) However, I did appreciate the concepts introduced in the book (some were just nuts!) that dealt with overpopulation.

Yep, but if I remember correctly, it was a short read. I wasn't a fan of the book overall (You just can't beat A Clockwork Orange from the same author) However, I did appreciate the concepts introduced in the book (some were just nuts!) that dealt with overpopulation.

Yeah, A Clockwork Orange was, and still is, one of my favorites. Read it more than a few times! I read alot of stuff that I am not a big fan of, but have to admit that there are some concepts that make me go, "He's got a valid point, there."

I'll check Amazon for it tonight. Hopefully can get it on Kindle.

Edit: just got it through interlibrary loan. Given your rec, I decided to read it before deciding whether to purchase it. Should have it in 24-48 hours.

My opinion: There are a LOT more bisexuals than people would think. I honestly think Kinsey was onto something with sexuality being fluid. Right now, most people would not be as forthcoming on being bi because they have a CHOICE. We know being gay is hard in today's society, so why would a bi person CHOOSE to go down the gay (harder) path when they can easily just be with the opposite sex? I mean, why even bother wanting to meet gay people of your sex? You might end up falling in love with one of them, then you have a hard choice to make: be with the one you currently love and lead the harder life, or try to forget about him/her and attempt to find someone else of the opposite sex where it IS possible to fall in love with him/her too. So I think a lot of people don't even want to touch the waters unless: it's in a safe environment (fooling around with friends who you're attracted to but know that nothing serious will ever happen) or it's in an environment where you're forced (physically, mentally, emotionally) to go for the same sex. Such as accidentally falling for the same sex, being in prison, or losing your trust in the opposite sex (bad break ups, rape, etc).

This theory of mine explains everything in Berry''s post (#69).

It also explains why it "appears" that more and more people are "bicurious" or having that "lesbian experience". A lot of people blame it on society becoming immoral. To me, it's just because there are a lot more safe environments than ever before.

I think you have it. I personally could never conceive of myself being "gay". Disowning women would be impossible for me. My body actively reacts to women -- Even when I am not consciously aware of her being in the room.

I can conceive of myself being bi, but given the choice I think I would invariably choose the woman.

There is also a preponderance of evidence that men are jerks.....still it does not make their actions right, in the eyes of a lot of people.

You really are a bitter and judgemental person. I have never ever seen a preponderance of evidence indicating that all men are jerks. I know for a fact, a few are, but that does not generalize to the entire male population.:roll:

Men are jerks as a rule and there is a good reason for it. One harks back to Freud. Until he came along young girls were taught to look for a man who was good to his mother because he is more likely to be good to his woman.

Somehow after the advent of Freud women started seeing men who were good to their mothers as "Momma's boys" and unworthy of a "real woman's time." When I was a teenager girls actively sought out the "tough guys", the "hoods", what now might be called gangstas because they wanted "real men".

By the time the girls had a little more experience and realized these guys were never going to change and they went back to find the "nice guys" they had turned down before...

The "nice guys" had figured out the jerks were the one's getting the girls. So they became adept jerks so they could get their share.

So when the women were ready for the "nice guy" they had turned down, he no longer existed. In his place was just one more jerk.

I saw it happen when I was young, I saw my daughters go through it, and now my grand daughters are going through it.

There are nice guys out there, but they are the ones who made a conscious decision to be nice guys in spite of all the temptations to be a jerk.

Ahh... yes yes. Now I remember. It was definitely you. However, I was wrong when I said that you thought it was "wrong". I should have said that you thought it was detrimental. You compared homosexuality behavior to actions that cause body harm. I am not sure why. Do you believe that all gay people are into S&M? ;)

Hey now. A couple of women I really care about are BDSMers.

Ummmm. No, they are not gay that I know of.

And no I have not had sex with, nor spanked, nor been spanked by, either.

Anyway I don't see any bodily harm except a couple of oddball tattoos I don't understand the significance of (But they do.)

Yes. Really got me to thinking at the time.

Read that one too.

It also got me to thinking.

Edit: just got it through interlibrary loan. Given your rec, I decided to read it before deciding whether to purchase it. Should have it in 24-48 hours.

Let me know what you think of it.

Men are jerks as a rule and there is a good reason for it. One harks back to Freud. Until he came along young girls were taught to look for a man who was good to his mother because he is more likely to be good to his woman.

Somehow after the advent of Freud women started seeing men who were good to their mothers as "Momma's boys" and unworthy of a "real woman's time." When I was a teenager girls actively sought out the "tough guys", the "hoods", what now might be called gangstas because they wanted "real men".

By the time the girls had a little more experience and realized these guys were never going to change and they went back to find the "nice guys" they had turned down before...

The "nice guys" had figured out the jerks were the one's getting the girls. So they became adept jerks so they could get their share.

So when the women were ready for the "nice guy" they had turned down, he no longer existed. In his place was just one more jerk.

I saw it happen when I was young, I saw my daughters go through it, and now my grand daughters are going through it.

There are nice guys out there, but they are the ones who made a conscious decision to be nice guys in spite of all the temptations to be a jerk.

You have some very valid points there. I think it also goes back to the socialization of girls. We teach our girls to be oh, so very nurturing, and in the process, the female population begins to believe that if they just love someone enough, they will change. So we seek out the bad boys to prove our worth. Then when it doesn't work, instead of realizing that we don't have the power to love anyone enough to change them, we label ourselves failures, and see the fault as our own.

Never said she did. But she has the consequences to consider.

What consequences? And you did say:
So in your opinion a teenage les. never has gotten pregnant. What a joke of the day

So what did you mean by that if not that teenage lesbians have gotten pregnant? You are making even less sense than usual.

Anthony Burgess? I think I've heard that name somewhere. I have the feeling that I may have read one of his books. :hmm:

Anthony Burgess? I think I've heard that name somewhere. I have the feeling that I may have read one of his books. :hmm:
I just checked his books. I think I may have heard of him because of Clockwork Orange. I don't remember reading any of his books.

What consequences? And you did say:
So in your opinion a teenage les. never has gotten pregnant. What a joke of the day

So what did you mean by that if not that teenage lesbians have gotten pregnant? You are making even less sense than usual.

Always you are the only one, everyone else gets it. You see anyone else posting a ? or ! about my post?

Always you are the only one, everyone else gets it. You see anyone else posting a ? or ! about my post?

It didn't occur to you that other people simply don't care enough to respond? Or maybe they didn't think your post warrants a response?

No response doesn't always mean they get it or they agree with you.

Maybe because others just don't give a damn what you have to say? Or maybe they are waiting for you to answer because they have the same questions as I do.

Oops. Should have checked DD's response first, lol.

Back