A Motorcycle Thread About Absolutely Nothing!

:rofl: sound like you ain't tough through rain.

As for saddlebags. Everyone have their preference. For me, Saddlebags is a must for me. It's not big saddlebag as you mentioned. It's a meduim sized which is good enuf for me. I use it to bring lunch box, phone charger and few item for work (at my work, they disallows backpack which is why). As for vacation, I can put in can of oil, 1 gallon gasoline can, tools on one saddle bag and other would be drinks, phone charger, rider gears and few items which is neccessary for long trip. I do have backpack which is made for motorcycle, slip it over sissy bar and bungee tie it. I travels to campground sometime which requires me to brings enough items. If I am just riding for fun of it, I would leave can of oil and phone charger in place and rest of bags is empty. If I am riding locally and not riding "2 up" then I would remove rear seat, sissy bar and saddle bag, basically naked bike.

As for spray, I wish I can spray on glasses or any glass. Problem is that it's more of "frosty" look if sprayed on it. Not worth it. I wish they develops one that is clear and use for glass so rain can rolls off. lol. If they do, I would grab that can!!! Spray on motorcycle windshield, my biker glasses.

Spray on clothes would be better because if I get soaked wet, I would be shivering in cold wet clothes. I would just spray old shirt, good old jeans and shoes so to keep me dry and warm when I get to the place. It would be much easier not having to change clothes after riding in downpour.

Those who braved through downpour often should receive dangling steel balls and hang it under rear fender of motorcycle. :rofl:

Personally, I've repaired my friend's Yamaha Vstar 1100 starter clutch and replaced starter motor. I rode it and I did not like the ride. It feels like I am sitting on high chair on little bicycle. Suzuki Volusia or Boulevard C50 (commonly called VL800) is comfortable and seat is lower than Vstar. IMHO, it looks more sexy. My bike is quick to get around even it's heavy and long bodied. Cop pulled me over and he love my bike and wrote me a warning ticket for speeding and on ticket, Make: Harley Davidson. Sheesh! Cop thought it was Harley. Other thought it was a Harley Fatboy. I had to prove them that it's Suzuki!! I did caught someone saying that guy's motorcycle made me feel like I'm riding a minibike (He is referring to my long big motorcycle made his motorcycle look like a minibike :rofl: ) Seriously, Honda Shadow look damn like a minibike when I approched and lined up with big guy on little Honda Shadow at stoplight (He look like he is actually sitting on peewee bike). He looked at me and my bike, he smiled at me and I smiled back and rev up throttle quickly leaving him in dust as soon as green light lit. :rofl:

I did want Kawasaki Vulcan but I fell for Suzuki because it's very customizable and can be lowered easily with longer "dogbones".

Catty
Probably Mewtilation hate saddlebags and bad remind her of scrotum sag.

wtf man? what's with your disturbing odd sexual remarks?

Probably Mewtilation hate saddlebags and bad remind her of scrotum sag.

Uh... definitely not.... I think it makes the bike look fat and ugly.... that's all... like it has a giant butt like I said above... :squint:

These of course are not my bike directly, but my model and color of bike for example.

My bike if it were to have saddlebags.... GROSS! :squint:

5786-draeagwol-albums-dew-s-stryker-picture6946-bagger-saddlebags-n-ms-batwing.jpg

My bike without saddlebags...

2011StarStryker.jpg

Don't tell me that's not like a million times sexier.... :squint:

My exhaust is like the second picture though, mine is curved... that's the only difference, but since we're looking at saddle bags... it still looks boat loads better without the bags!

Mew - yea I agree. your bike is better without saddlebags. some bikes do look good with it... and some doesn't.

Honda ST1300 looks horrible without sidecases. BMW R1200RT looks good with and without sidecases. mine is.... I guess both too :lol:

I think Harley Sportsters look terrible with bags too.... Of course, I don't really like Harley's anyway... :ugh: Oh yes.... I said it... :P :laugh2: I prefer Honda's, Suzuki's and Yamaha's .... Oh yes, I went there... :shock: I'm going to be shot by a gang of Harley riders now! :laugh2:

Harley is a name... it's a loud motorcycle that is overly loud, annoying, vibrates you to death and breaks down constantly.... :roll: My neighbor has one and is CONSTANTLY repairing that thing.... :roll: My Shadow had almost 90K on it and no major issues ever, his Harley has 10K and something wrong every week!

Every time I go into the cycle place for gear or oil filter / whatever they all laugh at Harley's and stuff... when I was looking at buying my Stryker they told me as long as I wasn't buying a Harley I was okay... :laugh2: Terrible...

Uh... definitely not.... I think it makes the bike look fat and ugly.... that's all... like it has a giant butt like I said above... :squint:

These of course are not my bike directly, but my model and color of bike for example.

My bike if it were to have saddlebags.... GROSS! :squint:

5786-draeagwol-albums-dew-s-stryker-picture6946-bagger-saddlebags-n-ms-batwing.jpg

My bike without saddlebags...

2011StarStryker.jpg

Don't tell me that's not like a million times sexier.... :squint:

My exhaust is like the second picture though, mine is curved... that's the only difference, but since we're looking at saddle bags... it still looks boat loads better without the bags!

Hehe. I am agreed with you. I am big not fan of saddlebags. I prefer my backbag over the saddlebags.

I think Harley Sportsters look terrible with bags too.... Of course, I don't really like Harley's anyway... :ugh: Oh yes.... I said it... :P :laugh2: I prefer Honda's, Suzuki's and Yamaha's .... Oh yes, I went there... :shock: I'm going to be shot by a gang of Harley riders now! :laugh2:

Harley is a name... it's a loud motorcycle that is overly loud, annoying, vibrates you to death and breaks down constantly.... :roll: My neighbor has one and is CONSTANTLY repairing that thing.... :roll: My Shadow had almost 90K on it and no major issues ever, his Harley has 10K and something wrong every week!

Every time I go into the cycle place for gear or oil filter / whatever they all laugh at Harley's and stuff... when I was looking at buying my Stryker they told me as long as I wasn't buying a Harley I was okay... :laugh2: Terrible...

I agree with you about Harley, It's just the expensive 'Name' but cheap mechanically. I have ridden Friend's 74' Harely Sportster with straight pipe. It was so damn loud and I rode around neighborhood. None of them complained until I walked with my son around the block one day. I spotted 5 motorcycles around there, No wonder. Even my neighbor have Harley too but had been fixing constantly, he apparently didn't use it for long time and sits in garage. Then later I rode 1200 cc Harley Chopper with 18 inch pipe. Dangdammy it's a really a ground thumper. Super loud and 3 inches blue flames flashing on both pipe. It did burned hole on lower ankle section of my jean, luckily I wore cowboy boot to protect my ankle. It have only one rear brake, no front brake. Not safe for highway, just good for local riding. I told my friend that it's a Cop magnet cuz of loud thundering engine. It's good enuf for my experience riding it tho.

Not all Harleys are loud, some are buffered like mine. It's up to rider's preference if they want to go unbuffered. My friend Suzuki Voluisa (same as mine) had drilled holes on back of tailpipes and it was loud like Harley while mine is untouched buffered pipes which made low rumbling sound which does not bother neighborhood late at night or early in the morning. I prefer it that way. Why????!!!! Because I DONT WANT COPS to hear if I am reving up to 60 mph on 25mph zone. Learned that from Park Ranger when I was test riding my friend's 1500cc Harely sportster and his pipes are buffered but still loud. I rev up to 65mph on 25mph zone and Park Ranger heard it and he parked and waited for me while I was going over the hill. When I approached on "T" intersection, making right turn where Ranger was waiting. He motioned with hands "Slow Down!!" I pulled over and asked what he say. He said I can hear you going 60mph on 25 so please slow down!. In my mind "OH CRAP!! Dammit he knew!!!". OF Course Park Ranger is bearded guy which he is actually a biker himself. Gulp!! :eek2:

I've rev up on my Suzuki, no whatever issue and never had cop or anyone telling me to slow down. My neighbor told me that they can't hear my bike running 50 feet from their home (they can't hear it inside of the house). Good!!

Last year, I went to Olathe Harley Davidson dealership and I asked them what Fat Boy looked like. He showed it to me and it's a very nice matte black bike. He said front tire is thick. I told him that many people think my bike is a Fat Boy. That explains it. Harley Fat boy seem shorter than mine. He told me to fire it up. So I did, COOOWWWLLLL!! I can't even feel engine vibration or thumping. Its so damn quiet and slicky smooth! I reved up the bike and my hand on one of cylinder, I can't feel it at all, Damn!!!. It felt like a electric bike but seeing tachometer revs up to 3,000 rpm. Dang!!! The price for 2013 Fatboy was $13,000. I told him that it's well tuned crankshaft. Yes, he said.

BUT... I refuse to buy it cuz I don't want to keep sending it to shop after each time I rides LOL.. Harley have lots of recall so not worth it. MY Suzuki been so reliable and I put nearly 20,000 miles on it and no whatsoever issue.

I learned from one of friend who was friend with leader of Deaf motorcycle group. The guy usually travel 300 miles round trip with group. He told everyone NO HARLEYS!!!!! cuz in past they all had to pull over and stop to help just to help fix Harley each times. while rest of others runs fine.

I do have Rainx and it had been sitting on shelf for long time. I don't know if it's any good. Forgot that I could use it on my motorcycle windshield.

You're as tall as I am but only heavier. My Suzuki would fits you perfectly fine cuz it's been lowered 1 1/2 inches. I did lowered 3 inches and it's like squatting sort of. I had it like this for few months before I swapped back to 1 1/2 inch because it kept bottoms up the fender every time I go over the bumps ( rear tire scraping under fender gives me an irk each times) and can't have 2 ups. Also it's annoying every time I leaning turns and it scrapes pegs. (OEM pegs have spring loaded and have long bolt underneath to prevent scraping aluminum section of pegs). 1 1/2 is just right. I did in fact had lowered to 4 inches and it's squatty but can't move the bike cuz rear tire gripped the fender. I stood up and it only have approx 1/4 inch clearance. Shoot!! Mono spring been adjusted to hardest setting and not helping at all. Doing it for fun of it..

Catty

Last edited:
Hey now... I'm a girl, ( around 5'9 and 125 pounds now, so I'm not exactly huge! ) a Honda Shadow Spirit worked well for me! I loved my Shadow! That was an awesome bike... I traded it for my 1100 Yamaha Stryker I have now. I still miss that Shadow though.... but the Stryker is very sexy, so I get by. :) I can't exactly support a giant ass bike! :laugh2: MY father is impressed I can hold up a 1300 crotch rocket and an 1100 Stryker!

As far as for your windshield, you want Rain-x. That stuff will make water bead and roll off your windshield like nothing else. I use it on my bike windshield and in my car windshield wiper fluid reservoir. I'm telling you, that crap is amazing.... rolls right off there.... Never used it on my glasses.... But hey, who knows? :dunno:

I get compliments on my Stryker and got boat loads on my Shadow, it's all in how you take care of it and how it fits you... that's all. :)

My owner's manual says never use Rain-X because over time it makes the windshield permanently cloudy. I use a spray wax/cleaner that can be used all over the bike.

Mew - yea I agree. your bike is better without saddlebags. some bikes do look good with it... and some doesn't.

Honda ST1300 looks horrible without sidecases. BMW R1200RT looks good with and without sidecases. mine is.... I guess both too :lol:

horrible with both :lol::lol:

Jiro, i was a flag marshall for the WORLD SUPERBIKE CHAMPIONSHIP races held at Manfeild , NZ, in the early 1990's....Twice...and accidently chatted up Fred Merkel's girlfreind lol

oh he now lives in Taupo, NZ, where my mum lives (i used to live there too, for 3 years) nice town, bit pricy though...very toursy, but i know where to for actual Natural hot water springs , which is nice only locals knows the secrets.....

nah mew, I hate harleys too, noisy, shitty, and bad handling ugly pieces of shit....

I prefer italians, like MV Agusta or Ducatis...but i also likes the Suzuki RG500s like this.....

That's what i want.....OK it might not have top speed as the haya's or acceleration (maybe close)....but its sheer RAWness it something really can be addicting...its bad...Very bad....its a nasty bike beggin for trouble......LOL muawahahahahahaha

horrible with both :lol::lol:

Back