AllDeaf.com
Perks - Advertise - Spy - Who Quoted Me  
Go Back   AllDeaf.com > Miscellaneous > Movies, Books, TV & Media
LIKE AllDeaf on Facebook FOLLOW AllDeaf on Twitter
Unread 10-02-2011, 03:30 AM   #1
CrazyPaul

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
What are your favorite sitcoms?

My favorite sitcoms (comedy TV series) are The Office, Modern Family and The Big Bang Theory. They are so hilarious.
CrazyPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
All Deaf

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 10-02-2011, 06:25 AM   #2
Lissa
Premium Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Futrama, Friends and Outnumbered

Nucleus 5 in my left ear, Implanted October 2000, activated November 2000.
Oticon Spirit Zest C SP in my right ear
Lissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2011, 08:17 AM   #3
diehardbiker

Liked 15 Times in 12 Posts
Married... with Children

"If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as the souls who live under tyranny."
Thomas Jefferson (1778)

NY Governor Andrew Cuomo MUST go! We, the New Yorker had ENOUGH of Cuomo's BS!
diehardbiker is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2011, 01:38 PM   #4
Jersey

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jersey
I have too many: The Big Bang Theory, 30 Rock, The Middle, That 70's Show, It's always sunny in Philadelphia, The Simpsons, Two and a Half Men (with Charlie Sheen), King of the Hill and Family Guy. Im not sure if Ugly Betty was considered a comedy but I loved that show.
Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2011, 02:23 PM   #5
CrazyPaul

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey View Post
I have too many: The Big Bang Theory, 30 Rock, The Middle, That 70's Show, It's always sunny in Philadelphia, The Simpsons, Two and a Half Men (with Charlie Sheen), King of the Hill and Family Guy. Im not sure if Ugly Betty was considered a comedy but I loved that show.
Yeah, I miss Charlie Sheen who was a highest-paid comedy TV actor. Ugly Betty was a comedy series, I liked it, too. I thought that That 70's Show was for kids.
Unread 10-02-2011, 02:39 PM   #6
CrazyPaul

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
I want to clarify my question. I asked about your favorite sitcoms that are currently showing on major networks such as ABC, NBC, CBS, and FOX this season. Not the re-runs and old sitcoms.
Unread 10-02-2011, 02:54 PM   #7
Sunshine
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The Big Bang Theory
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2011, 04:45 PM   #8
whatdidyousay!

Liked 75 Times in 59 Posts
Quote:
How do like the 'new' Two and a Half Men ? I don't think it as good!
I love
Bones
House
NCIS
Golden Girls I <3 crimes shows!!!
whatdidyousay! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2011, 06:21 PM   #9
CrazyPaul

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatdidyousay! View Post
I love
Bones
House
NCIS
I hate drama series including crime/cop shows and reality shows, too. So boring. I like Monk best because it has a mix of drama and comedy.
Unread 10-02-2011, 07:26 PM   #10
Mintee
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i love two and a half men.. too bad charlie sheen got fired! he was hilarious.
Mintee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2011, 07:51 PM   #11
whatdidyousay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyPaul View Post
I hate drama series including crime/cop shows and reality shows, too. So boring. I like Monk best because it has a mix of drama and comedy.
That fine with me! I still love my crime shows and NCIS is a # one show so I am
not along in liking it. I loved Peter Falk as 'Columbo' . I can't stand reality shows! I must take after my uncle who was a FBI man ! I wish I knew about CSI
when I was younger , I would had love a job doing like that, solving crimes.
Unread 10-02-2011, 07:57 PM   #12
Bottesini
Old Deaf Ranter

Liked 72 Times in 48 Posts
I really like crime shows and behavior profiling psychology.

The Middle is the only sitcom I actually like. Brick the youngest child is my favorite character.
Unread 10-02-2011, 09:59 PM   #13
Secretblend

Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts
None - Don't even watch sitcoms anymore - or Tv anymore for that matter..
Secretblend is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2011, 12:37 AM   #14
Journey

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, That 70's Show and Two and a Half Men.
Journey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2011, 01:10 AM   #15
Sunshine
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Baffle me how many like Two and a Half Men. This show terrible!
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2011, 01:15 AM   #16
Journey

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sunny, Jake (the son) and Berta (housekeeper) make me laugh Maybe because I have met people just like them. I think the TV shows and characters that I find the funniest are the ones that remind me of people I know in real life (in little or big ways).
Unread 10-03-2011, 05:14 AM   #17
Grummer

Liked 24 Times in 17 Posts
Bones is excellent, Big Bang theory used to be funny now its boring, Fringe is what i really watch all the time, it's the best beyond all current TV series, excellent acting, way ahead of everything else ahead, fun, informative, creative, engaging, different, and a fine science fiction for today's needs, especially with the world of real and cyber lives as everyone now have , so its kind of not too surprising why the alternate/parrallel univerise concept is such a hit...all the while the masses dont realise the concept is now 'buyable' simply because we live in the cyberspace as well.guess id stop here i can go on and on about Fringe lol
Unread 10-03-2011, 05:16 AM   #18
Grummer

two and a half men is basically an insult to USA WHILE USA masses ARE dumb enough to like it...weird...
same thing with 20 years ago when the Simpsons first came along, it was a hit for the same reasons, people seems to give permission to insult themselve via tv entertainment i honesty find this quite depressing.
Unread 10-03-2011, 11:10 AM   #19
Mintee
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journey View Post
Sunny, Jake (the son) and Berta (housekeeper) make me laugh Maybe because I have met people just like them. I think the TV shows and characters that I find the funniest are the ones that remind me of people I know in real life (in little or big ways).
that's funny you say that. charlie (now replaced by ashton) reminds me so much of my uncle.. sarcastic and the world's biggest player. he will go up to every pretty lady he sees and pick them up
Unread 10-03-2011, 11:18 AM   #20
CrazyPaul

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grummer View Post
two and a half men is basically an insult to USA WHILE USA masses ARE dumb enough to like it...weird...
same thing with 20 years ago when the Simpsons first came along, it was a hit for the same reasons, people seems to give permission to insult themselve via tv entertainment i honesty find this quite depressing.
An insult to America, how? It's just a TV show.
Unread 10-03-2011, 01:32 PM   #21
Jersey

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatdidyousay! View Post
I love
Bones
House
NCIS
The new Two and a Half Men: I just can't get into it. The chemistry b/t the actors seem off to me. Plus, the new guy (I can never remember his name), just sucks as an actor. He was the worst thing on That 70's show. I'm not sure if it will last too long.
Unread 10-03-2011, 01:35 PM   #22
Jersey

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I watch anything on BBC America. England has the best shows. My favorite is Doctor Who and Friday Night Dinner. I also liked The Inbetweeners before it went off the air.
Unread 10-03-2011, 01:40 PM   #23
CrazyPaul

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Quote:
The new Two and a Half Men: I just can't get into it. The chemistry b/t the actors seem off to me. Plus, the new guy (I can never remember his name), just sucks as an actor. He was the worst thing on That 70's show. I'm not sure if it will last too long.
Yeah, I think so, too. Maybe it will bomb someday soon or maybe they will rehire Charlie hopefully. If so, I think he will ask for more money. He was the highest-paid TV actor in comedy category before he was fired.
Unread 10-03-2011, 02:46 PM   #24
whatdidyousay!

Quote:
Bones is excellent, Big Bang theory used to be funny now its boring, Fringe is what i really watch all the time, it's the best beyond all current TV series, excellent acting, way ahead of everything else ahead, fun, informative, creative, engaging, different, and a fine science fiction for today's needs, especially with the world of real and cyber lives as everyone now have , so its kind of not too surprising why the alternate/parrallel univerise concept is such a hit...all the while the masses dont realise the concept is now 'buyable' simply because we live in the cyberspace as well.guess id stop here i can go on and on about Fringe lol
I love Bones!! There really is not a lot a shows on TV that I do like , there are way too many reality shows on as they're cheaper to run!
Unread 10-03-2011, 02:53 PM   #25
whatdidyousay!

Quote:
His name is Ashton Kutcher. I think it was a bad idea to kill Charlies off as I have feeling it not going to work with Ashton Kutcher. I saw on' TV Two and a Half Men ' is being rated as the # one best comedy , I am not sure how that can be said as there only been on 2x , it WAS the # one best comedy when
Charlie Sheen was on it!!
Unread 10-03-2011, 04:25 PM   #26
Grummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyPaul View Post
An insult to America, how? It's just a TV show.
you have to be a media academic to understand this, sorry i just cant explain it you'd need like a few years in exposure to sociology, and media studies, basically comedy is a kind of a mechanism to entertain while it does other things like denial, or bring up a way to interpret sitaution to rationalise it, to affirm our fantasy is OK, or as a instruction to deal with awkward moments in the very "now" time... in other words to reflects the "normal" attitudes, viewers gets to know what is the right attitude by following their favourite characters, while little do they know, different situation dealt hardly add up with the character if they were real or consistent.......
forget it..

heres a simple lesson ' you cant get a comedy without a conflict {in soceity} that is to poke fun at the [others], but in some case (mroe often these days) to poke fun at ourselves, to Look at Our culture....."
think about that

i wont bother explain anymore not because i dont like you (i dont even know you), its because its just too complicated....
Unread 10-03-2011, 07:50 PM   #27
Journey

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
"two and a half men is basically an insult to USA WHILE USA masses ARE dumb enough to like it"

So does that mean anyone in the US who likes that show is dumb? I like it but am not part of the USA masses so does that mean I am smart? haha :p

I enjoy sitcoms because they take a potentially 'normal' situation and push it into areas of the silly or ridiculous. Exaggeration, the unexpected with the expected , and a small spark of truth make for good comedy in my mind. I think being able to laugh at ourselves is a great stress reliever.

This is just my opinion - I am not a media academic, I just like sitcoms because they are a good 30-minute vacation for my mind :-).
Unread 10-03-2011, 08:30 PM   #28
Mintee
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journey View Post
"two and a half men is basically an insult to USA WHILE USA masses ARE dumb enough to like it"

So does that mean anyone in the US who likes that show is dumb? I like it but am not part of the USA masses so does that mean I am smart? haha :p

I enjoy sitcoms because they take a potentially 'normal' situation and push it into areas of the silly or ridiculous. Exaggeration, the unexpected with the expected , and a small spark of truth make for good comedy in my mind. I think being able to laugh at ourselves is a great stress reliever.

This is just my opinion - I am not a media academic, I just like sitcoms because they are a good 30-minute vacation for my mind :-).
i'm from the US so i must be dumb...

i like to watch silly sitcoms because like you, it gives my mind a break from everything in my life. watching comedy is a great way of coping with stress
Unread 10-04-2011, 10:53 AM   #29
CrazyPaul

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Quote:
you have to be a media academic to understand this, sorry i just cant explain it you'd need like a few years in exposure to sociology, and media studies, basically comedy is a kind of a mechanism to entertain while it does other things like denial, or bring up a way to interpret sitaution to rationalise it, to affirm our fantasy is OK, or as a instruction to deal with awkward moments in the very "now" time... in other words to reflects the "normal" attitudes, viewers gets to know what is the right attitude by following their favourite characters, while little do they know, different situation dealt hardly add up with the character if they were real or consistent.......
forget it..

heres a simple lesson ' you cant get a comedy without a conflict {in soceity} that is to poke fun at the [others], but in some case (mroe often these days) to poke fun at ourselves, to Look at Our culture....."
think about that

i wont bother explain anymore not because i dont like you (i dont even know you), its because its just too complicated....
If you don't enjoy it, that's too ****ing bad. What you said is full of shit. Most sitcoms have high-ratings so what does that tell you? People love to watch them. You can't stop us so **** off.
Unread 10-04-2011, 12:21 PM   #30
Frisky Feline

Liked 67 Times in 45 Posts
Whoa.
Frisky Feline is offline   Reply With Quote