How to say "I know sign language"

evolvetoday

Reaction score
I'm making a button for an interpreter at a store. It needs to say that he knows sign language. Is there a universal sign language logo or way to illustrate the hands so that it is understood?

Thanks!

Do you know the sign for interpreter?
INTRECGOLD.jpg

That is all you need.

Is this joke?

If you really know sign language, you should already know what the answer were.

To me, it sounded like somebody does not know signs and wants to advertise themselves as one that knows sign language... pretty much lame joke.

I think they are making it for someone else, so they may not know signs.

I'm a designer, not an interpreter. It's for the M&M store. We're making buttons for people who speak different languages and want to include sign language as well. Thanks for the help Bottesini :)

It doesn't sound like that to me at all, DHB....

must be blue Monday for DHB. guess coffee's not kicking in yet.... but hey.. same here...

If had you explained in the first place, you may get better feedback.

I'm a designer, not an interpreter. It's for the M&M store. We're making buttons for people who speak different languages and want to include sign language as well. Thanks for the help Bottesini :)

I ain't fool! I know that there are people out there faking they are deaf to get away, especially scammers!

If supposed I teach sign language reason pretty sound I think so might really difficult!

Is this joke?

If you really know sign language, you should already know what the answer were.

Got me, too. Anyone wearing a button that says "I know sign language" should know how to sign, "I know sign language", or the sign for interpreter.

But seriously, is it really necessary to identify that an employee knows sign language? And if it is, what about a sign posted that says so in English?

Wirelessly posted

Reminds me of a sign I found Joyce saying:

"No public washroom, no pets, seating for paying customers only; failure to comprehend sign is subjected to public embarrassment."

Found it amusing when it's surrounded by stores manned by employees don't have a solid grasp of written English-- the method of communications I am attempting now since some of the accents are too thick for me to decipher.

Last edited:
If this person is really designer for logo or icons whatever, whats wrong with our best friend called Google?

I checked there and there is plenty of icons or logo, why come here and ask us instead? Plus this person just join AD recently, that is why I think differently.

Got me, too. Anyone wearing a button that says "I know sign language" should know how to sign, "I know sign language", or the sign for interpreter.

But seriously, is it really necessary to identify that an employee knows sign language? And if it is, what about a sign posted that says so in English?

Back