Our Plumbing Project :(

Bottesini

Old Deaf Ranter
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is what it looks like when the main sewer line has to be replaced.

wt5zyp.jpg

30rofvs.jpg

ieea95.jpg

313ohvo.jpg

Trying to look at the world through rose colored glasses.:wave:

2uiua2a.jpg

And last, our beautiful home yesterday.

28ji9up.jpg

Last edited:
Oh man! What happen the pipe broke?

Sounds like fun!

Good thing you got a man to fix it! :giggle:

We have lots of men to fix it. That is my husband on the step watching the destruction of the yard.

The sewer backed up into our downstairs bathroom, and it seems when the house had an addition before we bought it, there was small pipe that was not up to code, and the house was built right after WWII and the sewer pipe they used was called "orangeberg" and it just reached its lifespan and collapsed.

Oh dear!!! What a horrible mess!! (I bet it doesn't smell that grand either, huh??)

Love your glasses!!

Oh dear!!! What a horrible mess!! (I bet it doesn't smell that grand either, huh??)

Love your glasses!!

True about the smell!

Now the city is coming to inspect the work.

And thanks. I love my glasses too.

But we hope to have plumbing by tonight and start the cleanup. :fingersx:

Oh, my, what a mess!

I hope the inspection went well, and that your house plumbing is running smoothly now. :)

Oh, my, what a mess!

I hope the inspection went well, and that your house plumbing is running smoothly now. :)

Thanks, I am now washing clothes, and waiting for them to hopefully put the dirt back at least.

Then I will have to pay! :Ohno:

Oh ick, sorry to hear of your troubles. Hope all will be running smoothly SOON !!! :)

Broken sewer line...crap :giggle:

but seriously, I'm glad they were able to fix it relatively quickly. Sorry you had to go through that.

Broken sewer line...crap :giggle:

but seriously, I'm glad they were able to fix it relatively quickly. Sorry you had to go through that.

Thank you. I have finally got the last load of laundry in the washer, showered,

and my husband has built most of a set of steps from the driveway to the yard.

We also lost part of our sidewalk, most of our retaining wall, but on the bright side we did not have the driveway torn up even though we were warned we probably would.

At least with rebuilding all that, we have plenty of summer projects.:lol:

Yes it is a lot of work, and certainly we will be kept busy and out of trouble restoring everything. :)

really they is fix on plumber? did you replace new? that is better fix on work? I hope you people help fix on plumber.

really they is fix on plumber? did you replace new? that is better fix on work? I hope you people help fix on plumber.

We had to replace it with new pipe. It was old construction from 1947 and it collapsed.

I think they did really good work to replace it, and it should now last for as long as we live here. :)

oh no. i know the feeling. hope it goes so well now.

So far it is great. If the city comes back and fills the big hole in the street so I can get my car in the driveway, I will be really happy. :lol:

Back