Is this good for deafes? Future menu ordering

The Joker

Reaction score
iPad-kiosk-by-Bouncepad-in-Mcdonalds-restaurants1.jpg

I like this idea. So you don't talk to cashier when you cant hear what they're saying to you. Also i love self serve checkouts at stores

Self_checkout_using_NCR_Fastlane_machines.jpg

I think I will like it as I tend to customize my order and I love self checkouts. My only issue is need to wash my hands after using those screens.

Panera Bread have same, it is easier for me to press on screen than asking for pen/paper and write.
Problem is, if I want to know if that food is too spicy or not, the screen is too idiot to answer my question, cashier will do.

Some Applebee's resteraunts have them also. I used it and liked it a lot. Pay for your bill right there at the table.

Some Applebee's resteraunts have them also. I used it and liked it a lot. Pay for your bill right there at the table.

That reminded me of sit down service at restaurant and
Was wondering why we still tip waiters when they just port our food/drink as the computer doing the orders and payment and the cook is the person who made the food we enjoy not the waiters. It feels like the waiter have now taken backrow seats in restaurant experience for me.

I am a generous tipper but just wondering how others feel.

I think it is great for deaf people. I hope worker come to help me instead of computer talking to me when press "need help" button.

I tried out the Panera Bread one a couple of months ago. I really liked it but because I tend to look at EVERYTHING and forever deciding lol, it does time out sometimes.

Would love to see this everywhere- definitely would lessen the stress of hearing the people at the registers or your waiter. It's why I tend to order online or just show 'em on the menu what I want...

I really like the idea as well and I am sure it is a benefit to hearies as well because there is no potential for messing up the wrong order due to misunderstandings.

Panera Bread have same, it is easier for me to press on screen than asking for pen/paper and write.
Problem is, if I want to know if that food is too spicy or not, the screen is too idiot to answer my question, cashier will do.

And some people have food alleges and need to know if the meal has anything in it they can't eat. I ate at Panera a few times and I don't think their food is that great.

And some people have food alleges and need to know if the meal has anything in it they can't eat. I ate at Panera a few times and I don't think their food is that great.

Is there anything you do like? Is that info top secret?

I like Panera. The closest one is about 45 minutes away so I don't get to eat there often.

I also love the self-checkouts. I use them so much it's a breeze now. I had to get the hang of it at first with getting the item into the bag before scanning the next item, though, otherwise it gives an error message. But it's all good now.

I love Panera. Hoping to get lunch there today if it's not too crowded.

I wouldn't like Panera Bread its not my style. Im more into Fridays or Olive Garden type

I wouldn't like Panera Bread its not my style. Im more into Fridays or Olive Garden type

Oh , I think you don't know what you are missing , I ate chicken wild rice soup, a bread roll, and an adorable spring cookie shaped like a tulip with pink icing.

It was perfect!

Those who are diligent about their allergies generally already know what to order or not order in general and/or if they've been there before. They also can check on the website to see what items are gluten free (in fact if I remember correctly they DID have a gluten free section). Next time I go there I'll look.

There isn't any harm either in just asking someone as they still have cashiers.. just walk up and say "excuse me but is this XYZ as I have ABC allergies?" then go order.

Self kiosks has been a great help to order specific things you want.

panera1.jpg

Applebee's

presto-on-table.jpg

Jack in the Box

348s.jpg

To name a few...

I been to Fridays a couple of times and likes it but never to Olive Garden there is none close by. That thing would had help deaf people and also people that can't talk b/c they had throat cancer and don't using the device to help them talk in public , it made their voice sound like a robot .

I been to Fridays a couple of times and likes it but never to Olive Garden there is none close by. That thing would had help deaf people and also people that can't talk b/c they had throat cancer and don't using the device to help them talk in public , it made their voice sound like a robot .

Thats what my Aunt told me what a C-I implant is. You hear people voices like robots talking

Thats what my Aunt told me what a C-I implant is. You hear people voices like robots talking

I knew a guy that had throat cancer and he had surgery and the only way he could talk was to told some device up to his throat to talk and he sounded like a robot. This was year ago so there may be a better way to help people regain their speech today.

Back