Is this good for deafes? Future menu ordering

I have not see Applebee's or McDonald's yet. I have tried this at Wawa and Panera. So cool because I take my time to decide and no problem hearing the orders.

I wonder what the WaWa one looks like now. I can remember them having a self order kiosk at the deli to order sandwiches back before 1998 when I still lived in PA.

Miss that store so much.

I also hate self checkout. I find them to be slow when you have the option of an open cashier. I hate how buggy they still are.

Self checkout never works because most of the time the instructions are audio instead of captions. Ordering, on the other hand, might be pretty good because you can pick and choose.

Self checkout never works because most of the time the instructions are audio instead of captions. Ordering, on the other hand, might be pretty good because you can pick and choose.

I never noticed the self-checkouts have audio. What would they be saying? The only prompts I've ever gotten are to bag the item, and even that shows up on the screen. (If there's audio with that, I guess it doesn't matter for me since I see it on the screen ...)

I never noticed the self-checkouts have audio. What would they be saying? The only prompts I've ever gotten are to bag the item, and even that shows up on the screen. (If there's audio with that, I guess it doesn't matter for me since I see it on the screen ...)
as near as I can remember (it's been a while since I went food shopping for myself :( ), yes the audio part is pretty much the same thing as what is shown on the screen. Annoying thing.. "Please place the item BACK in the bag!!!" and I always mutter "its IN the bag you ninny...."

Otherwise I absolutely love the self checkouts at the grocery store, WalMart and Target. Downside is you can't buy gift cards (as I found out once) through the self service lines.

as near as I can remember (it's been a while since I went food shopping for myself :( ), yes the audio part is pretty much the same thing as what is shown on the screen. Annoying thing.. "Please place the item BACK in the bag!!!" and I always mutter "its IN the bag you ninny...."

Otherwise I absolutely love the self checkouts at the grocery store, WalMart and Target. Downside is you can't buy gift cards (as I found out once) through the self service lines.

"You ninny" :lol: I think the same thing to those registers.

Same as you -- I love using the self-checkouts whenever I can find them.

I have never seen a self-checkout lane. We have A Walmart, and our main supermarkets are Schnucks, Aldi, and IGA (one of each). This is in Southern Illinois where three small communities run together with a combined population of between 15,000 and 20,000.

It could be that smaller cities don't find as much of a need for them because of lower volume of customers?

It could be that smaller cities don't find as much of a need for them because of lower volume of customers?

Yes I agree with that idea. I was just wanting those on this forum to not assume that they could find them everywhere in the USA.

They say things like, "please insert your member card", "scan items now", "if you have any coupons enter them now", etc..

They say things like, "please insert your member card", "scan items now", "if you have any coupons enter them now", etc..

Shows up on the screens I see. Apparently not hearing audio on the self-checkouts haven't hindered my shopping one bit. :wave:

But it does benefit the deaf. All you do it read pay the machine and you're free. When the cashier asks you something it can be annoying. Like asking me if i like to donate to charity? I don't like that. The machine never asks me that.

One thing I have noticed around my town is a lot of shops and restaurants moving to app and ordering or paying from them. I like it.

I can order pizza over internet...always be need for waiters computers break down

at self check out in my store they stop one in ten and go through the shopping just make sure you got it right and not shop lifting

Giant has ordering Deli though computer

ls.jpg

Then when you're done you take it to self serve checkout

maxresdefault.jpg

Helps the deaf.

Panera Bread have same, it is easier for me to press on screen than asking for pen/paper and write.
Problem is, if I want to know if that food is too spicy or not, the screen is too idiot to answer my question, cashier will do.

asking for pen/paper and write and you have an iPhone? What's wrong with you? I use "Just big text" App all times to show the cashiers without touch mine iPhone.

I love spicy!:D

Funny thing, I seem so many people on the LONG lines for 4-6 cashiers and no one use on the self checkout. My minds said wow must be too much idiot people there. I love self checkout due save my times, not deal with cashiers as slow, sick, talk too much, etc. Lowes, Walmart, Target, and I forget other. I am not big fan of junk fast food.

Back