Perks - Advertise - Spy - Who Quoted Me  
Go Back   AllDeaf.com > Deaf Community > Current Events
LIKE AllDeaf on Facebook FOLLOW AllDeaf on Twitter
Unread 08-31-2013, 11:15 AM   #1
dereksbicycles

Liked 17 Times in 6 Posts
Send a message via AIM to dereksbicycles
Illegal to feed homeless people all over USA

I'm not sure what good thing would come out of this law. It would drive away homeless people from the area, but where would they go? They will just take space somewhere else. They won't disappear from face of earth.

It Is Illegal To Feed The Homeless In Cities All Over The United States
dereksbicycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
All Deaf

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 08-31-2013, 11:18 AM   #2
caz12

Liked 24 Times in 20 Posts
dont feed them they die starvation problem solved but very harsh
caz12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2013, 11:45 AM   #3
ambrosia
Premium Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ugh. Last spring every time I went to go grocery shopping there'd be an old homeless man with a cane begging at the entrance if the parking lot. When I'd finish my shopping I'd check to see if he was still there, if he was I'd look through my bags and break off a couple bananas and I started picking up a cold bottle if water for him too in case he was still there. I'd pass then out my window on my way out. I don't know if myrtle beach has laws against it but I think I'd have been okay. Those laws seem to target sharing/donating to large groups, which is even worse!!

Once the weather got hot he didn't do it anymore.
Unread 08-31-2013, 12:09 PM   #4
Jiro
If You Know What I Mean

Liked 17 Times in 15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dereksbicycles View Post
I'm not sure what good thing would come out of this law. It would drive away homeless people from the area, but where would they go? They will just take space somewhere else. They won't disappear from face of earth.

It Is Illegal To Feed The Homeless In Cities All Over The United States
good!
Unread 08-31-2013, 12:14 PM   #5
CrazyPaul

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
good!
CrazyPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2013, 12:16 PM   #6
Jiro
If You Know What I Mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyPaul View Post
do you like to see panhandlers around you?
Unread 08-31-2013, 12:17 PM   #7
caz12

it hard call....i seen beggars on london underground with babies which wrong they drug the baby and sit between platforms people falling over them. cos in this country a woman and child will be housed and fed by law..
i go nr ireland alot and see same ones begging year in and out Belfast do it in gangs mostly east european..
i am prepared to buy them food but that is all..we have a woman here who begs she do few days in east london then gets 50 train ticket comes down to my town and begs outside the expensive shops..i could not afford couple of hundred quid travel my town two three times a week i caught her out she buggers off back when she sused...maybe that what your country thinking about the ones who screw system
Unread 08-31-2013, 12:21 PM   #8
CrazyPaul

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
That's not what the OP is about. It's about arresting a person with a good heart for feeding a homeless person whenever he/she wants to. Many homeless people are not panhandlers. Get it?
Unread 08-31-2013, 12:23 PM   #9
caz12

ohhhhhhhh arresting the one who helping thought meant the begger,that is harsh
Unread 08-31-2013, 12:24 PM   #10
Jiro
If You Know What I Mean

Quote:
That's not what the OP is about. It's about arresting a person with a good heart for feeding a homeless person whenever he/she wants to.
good heart? you think it's a "good heart" to feed a bunch of pigeons and then they shit all over? same thing. it's a public nuisance. and health hazard.

when you keep giving out, they won't work for it cuz they say "why bother? they just keep giving us freebies! what a life!!!!"

Quote:
Many homeless people are not panhandlers. Get it?
...... and?
Unread 08-31-2013, 12:50 PM   #11
ambrosia
Premium Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
good heart? you think it's a "good heart" to feed a bunch of pigeons and then they shit all over? same thing. it's a public nuisance. and health hazard.

when you keep giving out, they don't work for it cuz they say "why bother? they just keep giving us freebies! what a life!!!!"

...... and?
Do you realize that a large portion of homeless suffer mental illnesses, they're incapable of "working" for it.
Unread 08-31-2013, 12:51 PM   #12
Jiro
If You Know What I Mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambrosia View Post
Do you realize that a large portion of homeless suffer mental illnesses, they're incapable of "working" for it.
from where I live... a large portion of homeless people are gimme-gimme-gimme bums
Unread 08-31-2013, 12:53 PM   #13
Tousi

Liked 38 Times in 23 Posts
Quote:
from where I live... a large portion of homeless people are gimme-gimme-gimme bums
How do you know this?
Tousi is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2013, 12:57 PM   #14
CrazyPaul

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Jiro is a Korean Romney. That's understandable.
Unread 08-31-2013, 01:09 PM   #15
Foxrac
FOX

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
That's not what the OP is about. It's about arresting a person with a good heart for feeding a homeless person whenever he/she wants to. Many homeless people are not panhandlers. Get it?
I have sympathy for homeless people who suffered from mental illness, economic (job loss, can't find replacement, job discrimination), family issue (disown because of gay, lesbian, bisexual) and domestic violence. There are many homeless people are veteran.

I know some homeless people do have job but can't afford to rent the property, especially in California.

Stewie is gun nut, right?
Patriot Guard Riders
Beware of NSA and they are sending manhunt to your home.
Foxrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2013, 01:10 PM   #16
Jiro
If You Know What I Mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tousi View Post
How do you know this?
after over 20 years living in here.... you just know

and we already have hundreds of organizations to help people in need. that's why you rarely see homeless people with children on the street.
Unread 08-31-2013, 01:10 PM   #17
Foxrac
FOX

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
That's funny, man.

I didn't vote Romney last November.

Patriot Guard Riders
Unread 08-31-2013, 01:39 PM   #18
Jiro
If You Know What I Mean

Quote:
must be nice living in a luxury with 72" tv and gorging yourself with sodas and hamburgers, criticizing me instead of helping other people.

my friends and I are attempting to organize a meet sometimes later this month or next month to hand out food to homeless people.
Unread 08-31-2013, 01:45 PM   #19
ambrosia
Premium Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
must be nice living in a luxury with 72" tv and gorging yourself with sodas and hamburgers, criticizing me instead of helping other people.

my friends and I are attempting to organize a meet sometimes later this month or next month to hand out food to homeless people.
After you just talked about how people shouldn't give food to homeless people because it enables them?
Unread 08-31-2013, 02:20 PM   #20
Saavik

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
As someone who spent childhood having to squat in an abandoned house and never having anything actually cooked and healthy to eat, I'm against prohibiting people from helping their fellow people out. Nobody is saying give everyone begging cash, but at least give some food or offer to buy them a meal.

If they are panhandlers, they likely will insist on cash, but if they are in need, I doubt they will decline your offer of paying for their meal or handing them a bit of food.

If this law actually passed or passes, I say the correct path is a little civil disobedience.
Unread 08-31-2013, 02:38 PM   #21
kokonut

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It's easy to criticize the homeless never having tasted what it's like to be homeless, never having a condition that may have caused them to become homeless, never understanding the circumstances that drove them to become homeless, and so on. It's easy to stand on the other side of the line and look down on them because you have it so easy. You have a house or a place to live, food to eat and drink, and entertainment at your disposal with your cable/sat shows, internet connection, and your ever so precious smart phones to update your Twitter stories on an hourly basis. And have the free time to enjoy things in life. Being able to go to a movie theater, an opera, go to a gym to work out, enjoy a family outing at a park or enjoy a fun day at an amusement park. It's easy to criticize the homeless when you have all that stuff never having tasted the realities of homelessness. I'd keep it to myself rather than criticize the homeless people.

Man, what a total mess. What a big fail. I am just laughing at it all. Gotta have sense of humor in life.

Paranoia much? Run to Mama then.

Last edited by kokonut; 08-31-2013 at 03:09 PM.
kokonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2013, 03:01 PM   #22
CrazyPaul

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
I may be proud of you. BUT what happens after that? They still live on the streets.

Your quote:

when you keep giving out, they won't work for it cuz they say "why bother? they just keep giving us freebies! what a life!!!!"

Change of heart or what?

Aren't you worried about getting arrested for feeding them?
Unread 08-31-2013, 03:10 PM   #23
whatdidyousay!

Liked 66 Times in 53 Posts
If people get too desperate the crime rate will go up. No one is going to let themselves and their family go hungry . A woman was putting her grocery in her car and a guy stole her car just so he could get her food for his family .
He did not want the car and left a note saying he was sorry but he had to feed his family .
whatdidyousay! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2013, 03:44 PM   #24
Foxrac
FOX

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonut View Post
It's easy to criticize the homeless never having tasted what it's like to be homeless, never having a condition that may have caused them to become homeless, never understanding the circumstances that drove them to become homeless, and so on. It's easy to stand on the other side of the line and look down on them because you have it so easy. You have a house or a place to live, food to eat and drink, and entertainment at your disposal with your cable/sat shows, internet connection, and your ever so precious smart phones to update your Twitter stories on an hourly basis. And have the free time to enjoy things in life. Being able to go to a movie theater, an opera, go to a gym to work out, enjoy a family outing at a park or enjoy a fun day at an amusement park. It's easy to criticize the homeless when you have all that stuff never having tasted the realities of homelessness. I'd keep it to myself rather than criticize the homeless people.

Some drug addicts (drug users) are homeless.

Patriot Guard Riders
Unread 08-31-2013, 04:06 PM   #25
Jiro
If You Know What I Mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambrosia View Post
After you just talked about how people shouldn't give food to homeless people because it enables them?
correct.

Quote:
I may be proud of you. *BUT what happens after that? They still live on the streets.

Your quote:

good heart? you think it's a "good heart" to feed a bunch of pigeons and *then they shit all over? same thing. it's a public nuisance. and health *hazard.

when you keep giving out, they won't work for it cuz they say "why bother? they just keep giving us freebies! what a life!!!!"*

Change of heart or what?

Aren't you worried about getting arrested for feeding them?
it's not just giving food out. there's more to it. my friend works for FBI. that's why I said we're in process because of legal issue as well as trying to get other professionals involved to help them out.

we're going to lend a ear too.... and offer assistance.
Unread 08-31-2013, 04:11 PM   #26
Jiro
If You Know What I Mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonut View Post
lol! I'm sorry but your post just fall on deaf ears. you pretty much spend your life criticizing deafies, Deafhood, or whatever it is
Unread 08-31-2013, 04:50 PM   #27
Jiro
If You Know What I Mean

btw - I don't think anybody has criticized homeless people in here. looks like somebody jumped the assumption gun a lil' too fast. people are just criticizing the law, not homeless people. tsk.

FYI - it's not illegal to feed homeless people in NYC
Unread 08-31-2013, 05:18 PM   #28
Grummer

Liked 24 Times in 17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrac View Post

Some drug addicts (drug users) are homeless.
yes, and that's partly the reason why asian countries, particularly Indonesia and Thailand have death penalty for drug traffickers because for them, they consider drug dealers are about as equal as murderers, as they believe drugs is used to kill people (and kills their lives, homeless as really bad side effects and all)...
a Drug dealer is same as a murderer, that's how they see it.
just noting a different perspective here, that's all.
Unread 08-31-2013, 05:33 PM   #29
Evo Dragon

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Unread 08-31-2013, 05:36 PM   #30
Evo Dragon

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
16 Arrested As Escambia Panhandling Ordinance Enforcement Begins : NorthEscambia.com