HughesNet high speed satellite internet

As far as I know, the answer is NO. Sorenson still not supporting satellite connection. There is reason behind this, however if one want try then its fine by Sorenson because Sorenson Technical support will NOT offer assistance if there is issue with satellite. So, if customer had no issue with satellite then great, but if have issue with it, then will stuck with 2 years contract.

For Hughes I have not seen any success with them yet. But I do see success with one of satellite service provider and that was not Hughes for sure. I forgot the name of it.

Wireless ISP has improved so some wireless ISP areas will work with SVP, it all depends on how far from wireless ISP tower to customer's home. The farther it is the weaker it will be.

As far as I know, the answer is NO. Sorenson still not supporting satellite connection. There is reason behind this, however if one want try then its fine by Sorenson because Sorenson Technical support will NOT offer assistance if there is issue with satellite. So, if customer had no issue with satellite then great, but if have issue with it, then will stuck with 2 years contract.

For Hughes I have not seen any success with them yet. But I do see success with one of satellite service provider and that was not Hughes for sure. I forgot the name of it.

Wireless ISP has improved so some wireless ISP areas will work with SVP, it all depends on how far from wireless ISP tower to customer's home. The farther it is the weaker it will be.

Alright! HughesNet are not designed to support VoIP, Skype or streaming video services.

Videophone is part of a streaming video service so, you already have the answer.

The reason behind this has nothing to do with speed. Satellite has enough speed to meet for video, but the problem is latency (Delay in transmission) though satellite. Average delay time is approximately 5 seconds, that is too long for VoIP, Skype and VP.

Alright! HughesNet are not designed to support VoIP, Skype or streaming video services.

I think you talking about WildBlue Satellite Internet :

WildBlue Satellite Internet Service Providers - Save Time on Downloads

there are two problems associated with sat network for video streaming. one is the latency issues - its delayed. And two - video is a bandwidth hog and many sat providers have monthly allowances until you reach your max and then they will cut back the speeds. This is when you think you start blaming the "VRS" for the video quality and think its the software/hardware or whatever excuse you come up with but in reality its NOT. its your internet provider.

For those who say I GOT sat network with vp - ok :roll: . You always go crying later about issues. Every single time. Am I harsh? I think not. I encountered this issue one too many times.

I am not sure if this is the one. I have talked with few customers though Videophone that uses satellite and I was impressed. However, Sorenson has not yet support Satellite connection, and I am not sure if they have changed yet.

Edit: Oh yes, the newest generation I think Exede4, and that one I was impressed but again I can not say that it would work, why? I didn't collect enough time to observe and study and research from other Exede4 VRS customers. It still considered unsupported anyway.

I think you talking about WildBlue Satellite Internet :

WildBlue Satellite Internet Service Providers - Save Time on Downloads

Same here, only few are aware of this after I explained that for 5GB, got about 14 hours of VP uses each month. They did thought of 28 hours, I said no have to count both upload and download bandwidth and that is where it hurts. And I even explained the definition of throttling that some ISP are doing.

For those who say I GOT sat network with vp - ok :roll: . You always go crying later about issues. Every single time. Am I harsh? I think not. I encountered this issue one too many times.

I am not sure if this is the one. I have talked with few customers though Videophone that uses satellite and I was impressed. However, Sorenson has not yet support Satellite connection, and I am not sure if they have changed yet.

Edit: Oh yes, the newest generation I think Exede4, and that one I was impressed but again I can not say that it would work, why? I didn't collect enough time to observe and study and research from other Exede4 VRS customers. It still considered unsupported anyway.

HughesNet and WildBlue have strict cap on internet usage like limited to 5 GB per month, compared unlimited data for DSL and most cable.

Oh okay, i was google Exede4 is killed muh budget. Lolz, i don't think i should not interesting in Satellite connection services now. Thanks, anyways!

Just found out how much I usually use Internet. My jaw dropped and didn't realize that much... With Satellite, Im going bankrupt for sure!

Wow! My Internet usage at my home usually exceeded 200GB a month! :jaw:

Just found out how much I usually use Internet. My jaw dropped and didn't realize that much... With Satellite, Im going bankrupt for sure!

Wow! My Internet usage at my home usually exceeded 200GB a month! :jaw:

Bankrupt? :dunno:

If I use satellite, their cap is 5GB, my average monthly usage is 200GB, how much this is gonna cost me? Do the math! (Hint; its 40 times over the limit)

200gb? hmmmm....... torrents? :lol:

now I gotta find out what was my last month usage...

Wildblue wants $129 a month for 25GB, still not enough! So, it looks like may cost me over 500 dollars each month easily. Still cheap using RoadRunner.

Back