Florida public bathroom bill upsets transgender people

actually that is incorrect. majority of pedophilia is committed by a family member or family friend.

the very same argument that Republican Rep. Frank Artiles used is same as what people thought about homosexual people in locker room. a failed and deeply flawed logic. you know what's it called? bigotry. homophobic. scared.

Same gender as violator ....

remember Sandusky?

Im a female and dont have problem using same bathroom with similar minded gender. Just do your business and if youre the type not to sit on the toliet seat to pee and get pee on the seat and dont wipe it off...me and you will have problems lol.

Women are just as bad as men getting pee on seat in public places.

This bill is so silly and waste of time. It will make some business convert their bathrooms to family or unisex to accommodate /loop around the law

remember Sandusky?

Ask all of your female relatives or friends If they know of male child molestors. 1 out of 4 has been molested or raped in their lifetime. Good percentage has been molested by male family friend or relative. The stats are higher for Disability population.

Good number of us females will raise our hand on this forum that it was them or someone they know. Im raising my hands and count more than my fingers and toes for friends/clients/family who endured heterosexual abuse as a child and cant count for homosexual ones as I know of no story yet but they do happen. Seems more with men /boys than female/female Its in my line of work.

*from NIH article. I cannot paste link for some reason.

the ratio of heterosexual to homosexual pedophiles was calculated to be approximately 11:1.

Planet Fitness drops member after gender identity complaint

MIDLAND, MI (WNEM) - It's a business that sells itself on being non-judgmental but Planet Fitness has allegedly revoked the membership of a woman for complaining.

Yvette Cormier, a member at the Midland location, says she had no idea what that meant until a few days ago.

"I was stunned and shocked. He looked like a man.. He did not look like a woman," says Cormier. Cormier is talking about a man who walked into the woman's locker room while she was getting undressed. She says she couldn't believe her eyes.

"This is very unprofessional. This is very scary," continues Cormier.

Not knowing why the man was in the women's locker room, Cormier says she immediately complained to the front desk and eventually to corporate offices.

"They told me the same thing, that he was allowed in there because that's the sex he wants to be," says Cormier.

Cormier says she understands that some men self-identify as women and some women self-identify as men but says this man looked like a man and that caught her off guard.

Cormier lost her membership for violating the company's no judgement zone policy.

Moving forward, Cormier says she isn't concerned with getting her membership back. Her concern now is to warn other women at this gym to make them aware of this policy, because she says planet fitness failed to warn her.

The company told TV5 that Cormier's concerns about the policy regarding gender identity was inappropriate and disruptive by complaining to other members at the gym.

Representatives with Planet Fitness issued this statement:

"Planet Fitness is committed to creating a non-intimidating, welcoming environment for our members. Our gender identity non-discrimination policy states that members and guests may use all gym facilities based on their sincere self-reported gender identity.

In expressing her concerns about the policy, the member in question exhibited behavior that club management deemed inappropriate and disruptive to other members, which is a violation of the membership agreement and as a result her membership was cancelled."

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/28...-drops-member-after-gender-identity-complaint

If the woman just reported a man being in the women's dressing area I don't see why she would be kicked out. How was she supposed to know that someone who looked like a man wasn't a man?

If you can't go by how someone appears, and you're not supposed to ask, what can you do?

Once that bill completely passes, then women cannot use the men's restrooms at sporting events or major events when there's a LONG line in women's bathroom and the men's bathroom has no line. Fair's fair.

If the woman just reported a man being in the women's dressing area I don't see why she would be kicked out. How was she supposed to know that someone who looked like a man wasn't a man?

If you can't go by how someone appears, and you're not supposed to ask, what can you do?

Yeah...it's a catch-22...it happened to me also where I worked...was in the bathroom stall...looked over to see a pair of men's boots sitting next to me (next stall)...I was shocked! and a little confused, because I knew it was the women's bathroom....I got out of there pronto and told my boss that there was a man in the Ladies room...all the employees gathered out the bathroom door. and my boss kept saying..."Sir, you're in the wrong bathroom"....Took awhile before the person emerged....to find it was a woman dressed in men's clothes and boots....(no one knew the person or how she got into our work place)....the lady wanna be man got out of there before Security stopped him.

Yeah...it's a catch-22...it happened to me also where I worked...was in the bathroom stall...looked over to see a pair of men's boots sitting next to me (next stall)...I was shocked! and a little confused, because I knew it was the women's bathroom....I got out of there pronto and told my boss that there was a man in the Ladies room...all the employees gathered out the bathroom door. and my boss kept saying..."Sir, you're in the wrong bathroom"....Took awhile before the person emerged....to find it was a woman dressed in men's clothes and boots....(no one knew the person or how she got into our work place)....the lady wanna be man got out of there before Security stopped him.
It's too hard to discern gender by clothing; what would disturb me more would be in which direction are the boots facing in the next stall? (Standing facing the toilet or seated on the toilet?)

In your scenario, it's worrisome because the person, male or female, was an unknown person in your workplace.

It's too hard to discern gender by clothing; what would disturb me more would be in which direction are the boots facing in the next stall? (Standing facing the toilet or seated on the toilet?)

In your scenario, it's worrisome because the person, male or female, was an unknown person in your workplace.

if I remember correctly, seems the he/she was seated on the toilet. These boots were men's work boots and no one where I worked wore work boots...just heels and nice shoes (Newspaper Advertising Dept.)

Geeze that would scare the pee out of me literally. Did you freak? Or just a little concerned? Cuz I would freak, if I seriously thought there was a guy hanging out in a private womans restroom.

ummmm ... hello.

Men's bathrooms discriminate against women. Women's bathrooms discriminate against men.

Some discrimination is "good".

I use which ever loo open.Went loo in town today as per usual womens toilets out of action so I barge into mens and if load of men think I nothing better to do than watch that THING hanging out peeing believe me I in and out quick.
transgender use loo they comfortable with I would though those with ****** use womens loo if ever find one open

Geeze that would scare the pee out of me literally. Did you freak? Or just a little concerned? Cuz I would freak, if I seriously thought there was a guy hanging out in a private womans restroom.

Believe me, I freaked and got out of there.

I use which ever loo open.Went loo in town today as per usual womens toilets out of action so I barge into mens and if load of men think I nothing better to do than watch that THING hanging out peeing believe me I in and out quick.
transgender use loo they comfortable with I would though those with ****** use womens loo if ever find one open

It is not my fault, or the fault of my wife, or the fault of my children that you are confused with your gender.

We are not confused with ours. I teach my son to use the men's room, not the women's room. even if he is "comfortable" using the women's room, he is to use the men's room.

Now, if I had a daughter, and she used the women's room, and some creepy dude thinking it was ok for him to use the women's room walked in, I would have a serious problem with that. A person who thinks it is perfectly fine to use the restroom of the gender opposite of theirs, would probably think it is perfectly fine to sexually harass people too.

The office where I worked for many years had two restrooms that were both small with one stool and a lavatory in each. They had passage locks on each door which was the only difference in the doors off that hallway to people's individual offices. When we first moved in after building the building we discussed it and decided to call one ladies' and one men's as an easy way to tell visitors where the restrooms were. But those of us that worked there used whichever one was empty with the knowledge of all staff that it would be done that way.

I am thinking of loo's in theatre and places like that in public loo middle of day.most men are usually decent enough to stand outside give women privacy obviously women don't use urinals just toilets.not sure how it works in States but mens loo has urinal and private toilet here,and if use one in Europe often be uni sex.
If I need to go I no wait same with daughter rather that than wet pants that humiliating mans loo is not

How about walking into a men's room accidentally! I was at an airport terminal, rather jet lagged and exhausted, just looked at the icon, swore it was a lady figure only to find myself among a bunch of men. Scampered out of there mighty quickly. :Oops:

remember Sandusky?

thank you for proving my point - "majority of pedophilia is committed by a family member or family friend."

not caused by a transgender or a person "sexually-confused" with his/her gender.

It is not my fault, or the fault of my wife, or the fault of my children that you are confused with your gender.

We are not confused with ours. I teach my son to use the men's room, not the women's room. even if he is "comfortable" using the women's room, he is to use the men's room.

Now, if I had a daughter, and she used the women's room, and some creepy dude thinking it was ok for him to use the women's room walked in, I would have a serious problem with that. A person who thinks it is perfectly fine to use the restroom of the gender opposite of theirs, would probably think it is perfectly fine to sexually harass people too.

I am sorry that you are confused

I personally would use any bathroom open and don't really care who else is in the bathroom using it. The only hesitation I have is if the "women's" bathroom is full and there's -already - someone who I think may ID as male, in the "men's" bathroom <either I saw him go in, or I peeked in to see if it was empty>.
Then I weigh my options.

We have "family bathrooms" here also...generally implying multiple people with a baby or toddler, or other caregiver situation but again - another more "general" concept.

We also have "unisex", which is fine too.

Back