Deaf and HOH survey participants

shaevonn

Reaction score
Hello!

My name is Shenea, I am 22 years old and attend Cal State University of Long Beach. I took ASL classes for almost 2 years. I took 2 classes at csulb and then another class at El Camino Torrance. I became passionate about the Deaf community and Deaf culture after meeting someone who was deaf and I could not communicate with that person. In turn, that person encouraged me to take- up some classes so I did. Hopefully, after I graduate from csulb, I am hoping to get my Masters in Public Policy for the Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing. Presently, I am conducting deaf research and really need some participants to complete the survey for my by Monday November, 24 or Tuesday November 25. Attached to this entry is a consent form and the short survey. For the survey, if you just check the box, your answer will be marked. Once you have completed your survey and consent form, send it to me via email at sheneacrawford@yahoo.com. PLEASE HELP ME! I really need this to graduate and would love to share more knowledge to others about the deaf community through this research. View attachment questionaire_vp.doc

View attachment Informed Consent2.doc

If you are wondering where the research will go or if your information will be shared, it will NOT. all info will be confidential. Also, if you have further questions or concerns, you can email my professor as well :) Thanks.

Apparently your studies didn't include a section on how the Deaf community feels about participating in online, last-minute, student surveys. :hmm:

Good luck.

If you did not take this assignment seriously and put it off until the last minute why should I be concerned about you getting it done in time ???

Sorry, I have been trying for a while now in several different ways, but have little luck. I went to a deaf event last night and that was awesome and the people were extremely helpful and willing. :|

I have been taking it seriously, someone recently told me about this so I thought to give it a try. This have been a semester long project that I have been working on.

Sorry, I have been trying for a while now in several different ways, but have little luck. I went to a deaf event last night and that was awesome and the people were extremely helpful and willing.

Please be patient. Many deaf people have big ego. They're always bragging about their turbocharged vehicles at drag strips. Trust me, when snow comes, those deaf people will be so bored since drag strips close when snow comes. Please be prepared for an exodus of deaf people dying to help you with your homework when snow comes.

Please be patient. Many deaf people have big ego. They're always bragging about their turbocharged vehicles at drag strips. Trust me, when snow comes, those deaf people will be so bored since drag strips close when snow comes. Please be prepared for an exodus of deaf people dying to help you with your homework when snow comes.

sorry, could explain this better? I am very intrigued. can you tell me some more examples? if desired, can also use the PM :)

:ty:

Simply put having a vehicle with turbocharged engine is the best thing EVER!!! If you don't have one, you won't understand

My hearing cat is enjoying sleeping in front of the fireplace. My in-law's deaf cat loves terrorizing our dog whe she goes to visit. Hope this was helpful.

Simply put having a vehicle with turbocharged engine is the best thing EVER!!! If you don't have one, you won't understand

because you can not understand this? tries to explain. I just graduated in social communication because you can not understand this? tries to explain. I just graduated in social communication with 10 years of experience in front offices... :)

because you can not understand this? tries to explain. I just graduated in social communication because you can not understand this? tries to explain. I just graduated in social communication with 10 years of experience in front offices... :)

We were thinking of different tongues (languages) when we typed here. :roll:

We were thinking of different tongues (languages) when we typed here. :roll:

I understand that we have different ways of thinking, but English is universally recognized. confrontation and dialogue makes this possible ... because must be avoided this? :-o :hmm:

sorry, could explain this better? I am very intrigued. can you tell me some more examples? if desired, can also use the PM :)

:ty:

All he is really saying is that deaf people have lives and better things to do than answer surveys.

All he is really saying is that deaf people have lives and better things to do than answer surveys.

but I'm not talking of questions surveys, on this you are right :) what I would like to understand is the attitude of the deaf, and the meaning of
"having a vehicle with turbocharged engine is the best thing EVER!!! If you don't have one, you won't understand".

I just try to figure out a way of life, is seen here from me in a certain way, understood in a certain way, from you will be seen in a certain way, understood in a certain way .... That's it. :)

but I'm not talking of questions surveys, on this you are right :) what I would like to understand is the attitude of the deaf, and the meaning of
"having a vehicle with turbocharged engine is the best thing EVER!!! If you don't have one, you won't understand".

I just try to figure out a way of life, is seen here from me in a certain way, understood in a certain way, from you will be seen in a certain way, understood in a certain way .... That's it. :)
If you read enough threads here, you'll get to know the members. Then, you'll understand what they're about, and it won't be necessary to query them on their attitudes--it will be apparent thru their posts. :)

If you read enough threads here, you'll get to know the members. Then, you'll understand what they're about, and it won't be necessary to query them on their attitudes--it will be apparent thru their posts. :)

sure Reba, something I saw in the forum, but not enough for me! I still have not satisfied my curiosity :) sorry if I insist in understanding, but it is my nasty habit inherited in the glorious years university .... :D

Mr Mouse, why don't you Google "turbo charged engine", and also a lot of us have no idea what dereksbicycles is talking about? He's being silly!

Back