Please help me help the deaf!

Kind of the same idea as the flapper in the toilet... ?

Now that you mention it, it does seem to be the same idea. Maybe our OP can come up with a way to actually do it without spending tooooo much.

I know there are sensors for tub-filling alarms but they can't turn off the faucets. The mechanical action required to turn off a knob or a lever would be difficult and cumbersome.

If you're going to spend the money, simply hire someone to draw your bath for you. :giggle:

That would be an on going cost. Once you got the device you would be done (until it broke or wore out).

I know there are sensors for tub-filling alarms but they can't turn off the faucets. The mechanical action required to turn off a knob or a lever would be difficult and cumbersome.

If you're going to spend the money, simply hire someone to draw your bath for you. :giggle:

An alarm that flashed a really bright light, not used for anything else, might do the trick.

Well, I guess one shouldn't leave the tub unattended while filling it then. Bring something to read and sit on the toilet until it's full. :lol:

That's exactly what I do. Get undressed, put my hair in a ponytail, get my phone ready to read from, get my towel, etc., until the tub's ready. I don't even leave the bathroom.

Yup... Exactly what I do (well except the ponytail part- lack of hair)- take my phone and iPad in there. It's a wonder I ever leave- only reason being the water gets COLD. I don't often take baths though but have been known to either accidentally leave the water running or forget to drain the tub (did that once or twice..). Used to take my paperback books to the bathroom too lol.

Yeah, we did kind of hijack this thread, didn't we? But hopefully the OP learns something useful from this thread for his ideas. :)

HAHA, just move to California where you get a big fine if you use too much water. I end up taking cold showers because I don't want to waste the water waiting for it to get hot.:giggle:

I known of someone who snore so loudly that his wife lost her hearing what would happen that sort of thing.
I think it come down to surply and demand,have you asked your neighbour how he feel..i would feel pressure on me to be cheking everything..As you say it a subjective thing what irritating to one may not be for others I spend my life worrying when may not have to..Be better just confront the person..Some of these things are memory and could be related to anyone with bath for example.Babies crying another example you could become so relient on lights flashing or not, what happens if it go wrong..IT got some merits but a lot of pitfalls could come to point if deafperson not got this then insurance companies not pay out when needed and a lot is common sense ..Ask some manifactors

HAHA, just move to California where you get a big fine if you use too much water. I end up taking cold showers because I don't want to waste the water waiting for it to get hot.:giggle:

I can't think of what it was/is called to look it up but I remember seeing a device on "Ask This Old House" that recirculated the hot water until it got to a certain temp.and then let what came out of the faucet go down the drain. You, course, would use it as it was flowing once it reached the desired temp. Well as the cost you need some space for installation that offers both electric and a drain.

Does it take that long? It does here too at my new house, but we are operating off a well so the water pressure is different and takes longer to heat.

Get rich and buy an infinite flow tub, so that the water can flow over the edges and into the chanel. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AllDeaf App mobile app

Back