America's Poorest Cities Are….

Many full-time are homeless. They cannot afford a home. I wonder why they didn't go and live in crap place like Flush or lousy neightbor or live roommate?

http://nypost.com/2015/09/21/hundreds-of-full-time-city-workers-are-homeless/

How would they pay rent ,most homeless people don't have a job , is cost money to live in a crap place. A homeless man asked me for $15 to buy a 'train ticket' . Yeah right it was more like a ride on a 'pink elephant ' !

How would they pay rent ,most homeless people don't have a job , is cost money to live in a crap place. A homeless man asked me for $15 to buy a 'train ticket' . Yeah right it was more like a ride on a 'pink elephant ' !

If someone asks me to buy something like person asking you for $$ to buy ticket. If I could afford it, I would say, " lets go and I'll buy a ticket for you" If they say they want cash instead then I would say no sorry.. either I buy you a ticket or nothing at all.

You might be surprised how often some would take you up on the offer.

If they say they prefer cash, then it's obvious why they want money.

PowerON said:
Many full-time are homeless. They cannot afford a home. I wonder why they didn't go and live in crap place like Flush or lousy neightbor or live roommate?

I think what PowerON meant was that there are many full-time workers who ARE homeless. They have money but just can't afford rent (especially in NYC) because their salary is not high enough.

Wouldn't surprise me...

If someone asks me to buy something like person asking you for $$ to buy ticket. If I could afford it, I would say, " lets go and I'll buy a ticket for you" If they say they want cash instead then I would say no sorry.. either I buy you a ticket or nothing at all.

You might be surprised how often some would take you up on the offer.

If they say they prefer cash, then it's obvious why they want money.

The guy wanted me to give him the money . He said he wanted to go to a homeless shelter so I went home and made some calls for the guy and went back to the park the next day . I never saw him again, someone found him lying on the ground , he had a bad infection on one leg and lost his foot . I saw him rubbing his leg once and it was had an open wound and I called the health department to see if they could get him some kind of help . And I called Goodwill too and they said he can walk to their office I said no he can't ! I tried to get help him to save his foot and had no luck . :(

cities I in states La that place rather dark Washington near White House rather grim Tacoma not so good Boston middle class NY great.parts of Paris France got awful areas and London enigma

The decline of western civilization. What goes around comes around. Sometimes, immediately, sometimes, later in life, and sometimes in another life altogether.

Last edited:
The decline of western civilization. What goes around comes around. sometimes, immediately, sometimes, later in life, and sometimes in another life altogether.
It's not just western civilizations. Everyone reaps what they sow during their lives.

It's not just western civilizations. Everyone reaps what they sow during their lives.

I disagree , I have a neighbor who lost his job b/c his company was brought out and he was let go b/c he been there 15 years and the new company didn't want to keep on people that got full benefits . This was totally out of his control , things do happen unexpectedly in people lives and had nothing to do what they sow or didn't sow.

I disagree , I have a neighbor who lost his job b/c his company was brought out and he was let go b/c he been there 15 years and the new company didn't want to keep on people that got full benefits. This was totally out of his control, things do happen unexpectedly in people lives and had nothing to do what they sow or didn't sow.
I was referring to the "decline of western civilization" comment. That's a sum total of an entire civilization's actions, not just an individual's actions.

I disagree , I have a neighbor who lost his job b/c his company was brought out and he was let go b/c he been there 15 years and the new company didn't want to keep on people that got full benefits . This was totally out of his control , things do happen unexpectedly in people lives and had nothing to do what they sow or didn't sow.

True. As "Someone" said, "grace falls on the just and unjust."

One day that'll change big time!

I looked at the America's richest cities and several of the cities listed here are also on that list. Strange. Baltimore made on both.

B.more one of americas richest cities??
It wasnt last time rolled.through.....
Not in this world anway

The poorest city in America is my house. Please send money. I accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express and Paypal :D

I'm not surprised that few Texas cities ranked within the range of poorest city, is it due the fact that there are many Hispanic immigrant? (Ok let not talk about Trump.....)
a lot of Texas cities are Tourist traps. I was in San Antonio for 2 weeks on the riverwalk, they had the Mexican Fair, tons of cheap hand crafted items. Id love to go there again. Been to Houston, DFW, Dallas, Waco, and others. Seems to be doing really well, a very clean city/state.

True but I suspect in a few years that view will change with all the techies with degrees moving into SF and Seattle at least.

actually, it will be the same because not all the techies will be able to find employment, no? some of those will have to find some less paying jobs.

it will all stay the same, more or less.

Fuzzy

actually, it will be the same because not all the techies will be able to find employment, no? some of those will have to find some less paying jobs.

it will all stay the same, more or less.

Fuzzy
Point taken as I know the IT market is very competitive. Right now it seems we're in a good spot. The thing is with SF and Seattle- the big boys are there- Google, Amazon, Microsoft to name a few- and generally they pick the best and the brightest- most stay long term (well in my view anyway lol). People with those on their resumes generally don't have a problem finding their next job (again my opinion). I don't know if many of the talent are native to the state or coming from out of state- wouldn't surprise me if many ARE moving in from out of state.

Back