to be proud of your country

in some cases it gentic you still got them

[

it's a human nature to expand and colonize. t.

are you stating its human nature is to rape, pilage, and murder?

it is regretful that the land was taken from Native Americans but... at that time - there is no concept of "mine" among Native Americans. they do not stake a claim and say "I own this." they share and everything is free.

t.
So its fine to steal.from people if they dont have a concept of mine?
Anyone who doesnt or is unable to hold that concept is free picking for the stronger party, is this what yoir ststing?

that was a foreign concept to Europeans and they thought they can just take it and stake their claim. they also misled them too.

what's done is done and we've apologized to Native Americans and we do pay compensations to Native Americans. time to move on and not dread on hate from the past.

Whats done is not done. The ramifications of the conquest and genocide are still being felt, are still alive, ssying sorry doesnt cut here then it woukd for ancon who raped and murdered a girl...
Sorry is nice...
meh....

what's done is done and we've apologized to Native Americans and we do pay compensations to Native Americans. time to move on and not dread on hate from the past.

Wrong, Jiro!

Karma continues to accumulate for the people of conqueror ancestry and who don't know what belies their actions in the world, especially when it comes to treatment of the Native Americans and people of color, and how they benefit from the conqueror status of their ancestors.

The Native Americans have NEVER been fully compensated for their losses. Try telling that to my Cherokee friends and myself, who do not even have a reservation or a land mass in the west. How will you restore the land, flora, and fauna to the Native Americans, not to mention their culture, language, and beliefs? That would be like someone stealing your car, and you finding it and asking for it back, and the police refusing to help you get it back, and then the car get passed from the thief to a child upon death. The child gets to drive the car, not the rightful owner nor his/her child. Stealing is stealing, period.

The way to do it is start buying and giving the land back to the Native Americans (I guess set up a land trust or something and put a NA in charge of it), stop having children in America so that the white population can dwindle back down to a very small minority and let the Native Americans take back over/whites move to Europe or where whites will be accepted. I already did my part of not having children and withdrawing from the white way of thinking as much as I can. However, I'm too poor to donate land to the cause, as I have none myself.

I have read enough of history, especially that of Asia, and India in particular (I'm reading The Scandal of Empire, which focuses on the trial and events around the East India Company), to be convinced that us white people are but a scourge upon the Earth. I am embarrassed and ashamed to be white. I have to wonder what people at my Hindu temple think of my kind, as Independence and Partition is still fresh in the collective memory.

Back