Wanted Closed Caption Tweak (more options) for MCE2005?

I do know what you want. Let TV handle CC data, not MCE. This is design limitation by hardware on certain TV tuner chipsets. MCE 2005 isn't alone. Bell ExpressVU HD with/out PVR option does that too. Did you know that MCE 2005 uses DVD decoder to view live TV at real-time? This is exactly the reason why this part has to be processed from MCE side, not TV side.

Who knows if Windows Vista (it has MCE built-in) allows line-21 data be outputted to TV so TV will be able to decode CC. It's up to the programmers if they ever bother getting our dream to come true.

Right now, I've updated my MCE 2005 to "roll-up 2" via Windows Update in "Custom" section and the CC is different now. I have to search on net to find a way to tweak them. Background is now white colored and 90% transparent. I cannot read text unlike before.

With Vista coming out, HTPC concept may become common. That pretty sucks because I want them to keep dropping their jaws how cool MCE is! ;-)

kibby said:
I do know what you want. Let TV handle CC data, not MCE. This is design limitation by hardware on certain TV tuner chipsets. MCE 2005 isn't alone. Bell ExpressVU HD with/out PVR option does that too. Did you know that MCE 2005 uses DVD decoder to view live TV at real-time? This is exactly the reason why this part has to be processed from MCE side, not TV side.

Who knows if Windows Vista (it has MCE built-in) allows line-21 data be outputted to TV so TV will be able to decode CC. It's up to the programmers if they ever bother getting our dream to come true.

Right now, I've updated my MCE 2005 to "roll-up 2" via Windows Update in "Custom" section and the CC is different now. I have to search on net to find a way to tweak them. Background is now white colored and 90% transparent. I cannot read text unlike before.

With Vista coming out, HTPC concept may become common. That pretty sucks because I want them to keep dropping their jaws how cool MCE is! ;-)

you from Canada? Bell ExpressVU HD is Canada.
I have ATI HDTV Wonder (no PVR), they will work PVR!! becuase many TV Analog with PVR is not easy binary but spaical PVR for Analog only, all HDTV or DTV are binary easy into Hard Drive, I test ATI HDTV Wonder to H.D. it is working same like PVR!

maybe Vista will be good CC better than MCE2005, we will wait until end of Dec

Yes, TV/HDTV will work to DVD Decode but no CC
if you need CC, only save to "DVR-MS" Data file to burnDVD but not DVD

Would you read to message at www.thegreenbutton.com and www.avsforums.com try send them, becuase they don't care deaf people, because I already send them many but they know only me alone.. i need more deaf people write them, they will be suprise they will be promise but can't few people. search "Caption" from www.thegreenbutton.com and www.avsforums.com ok

All TV tuner cards don't do PVR on their own; they are software dependent. You'll have to use a choice of software to do PVR: PowerCinema, Media Center Edition with DVD decoder, GB-PVR, SageTV, BeyondTV, WinTV-PVR, SnapStream Media, CTpvr, MediaPortal, etc.

Yes, I am from Canada. I'm surprised. There's no Bell in U.S.? Hmm...

There's a work-around for MS-DVR into DVD.. Rather a bad way. Hook up a DVD recorder set-top to MCE's video-out and record from there then burn on DVD.. Closed caption will be hardcoded onto video screen which you can't really turn off CC -- it's called open caption. I don't think that method is exactly what hearing people want to do. We're still asking MCE SVP people to make a conversion from MS-DVR to MPEG-2 or VOB with CC stream embedded which we can easily import them into our DVD authoring software to finalize a disc. They made DVR2WMV but that's not what I'm looking for...

kibby said:
All TV tuner cards don't do PVR on their own; they are software dependent. You'll have to use a choice of software to do PVR: PowerCinema, Media Center Edition with DVD decoder, GB-PVR, SageTV, BeyondTV, WinTV-PVR, SnapStream Media, CTpvr, MediaPortal, etc.

Yes, I am from Canada. I'm surprised. There's no Bell in U.S.? Hmm...

There's a work-around for MS-DVR into DVD.. Rather a bad way. Hook up a DVD recorder set-top to MCE's video-out and record from there then burn on DVD.. Closed caption will be hardcoded onto video screen which you can't really turn off CC -- it's called open caption. I don't think that method is exactly what hearing people want to do. We're still asking MCE SVP people to make a conversion from MS-DVR to MPEG-2 or VOB with CC stream embedded which we can easily import them into our DVD authoring software to finalize a disc. They made DVR2WMV but that's not what I'm looking for...

USA have Cox, Castcom, Time Warner, DirectTV, Aplpha, more

another you read about problem MCE with CC

LIne is bad
http://www.alldeaf.com/showthread.php?t=21621

DVR2WMV won't work CC
http://www.alldeaf.com/showthread.php?t=22812

DVR-MS copy to Burn DVD without .DVR-MS, won't work CC
http://www.alldeaf.com/showthread.php?t=22618

Stephen Toub, he program MCE for CC
http://www.dotnetslackers.com/Web_Application/re-9411_DVR_MS_Adventures_in_Closed_Captioning.aspx
or
http://blogs.msdn.com/toub/archive/2005/09/17/470491.aspx

copy .DVR-MS files to .DVR-MS files (burn DVD or Hard Disk) will work off or on CC use MCE or MultiPlayer 10 only
but
Copy .DVR-MS files to DVD (no files) won't work CC
Copy .DVR-MS files to WMV, MEPG2/4, AVI won't work CC

I wish
MCE's LiveTV output TV's CC (I don't need MCE's CC)
or
MCE LiveTV need backbround black and must full 21 lines, must move buttom near lsat screen

.DVR-MS copy DVDburn then another DVD Player can read CC
.DVR-MS copy AVI, MEPG2/4, MWV, can off or on CC on Windows Player, MCE, Windows Classic, ATI, etc..

I know many deaf people complaint for MCE2005

Would like we find more program for CC at website

Back