Nerve deafness

I'm sorry I was ****ed up the night I posted it and every time I tried to spell disease it looked all kinds of twisted so I substituted it with illness. I apologize for having poor grammar when I'm hammered. I wish everyone best wishes and love and happiness all over each and everyone of you. God Bless!

John I know of Deaf who plane designers nurses doctors mucsic and load of clever things.
If you Deaf and no way can be reversed then my friend you got get on with it and live fulfilling life you may have to redefine things but that's life..i was near your age when happened to me septecimia following an accident but I was not left high and dry I went to rehab shown all the gizmo's had things fitted up etc..I did have down days enough to put me in hospital but did not help only me could do that
quite a few on here had infections that left them HofH MANY HAVE CI but for me it was not an option I learn to listen with my body You need get out join deaf clubs mix with others your audi help make life easier..It must be tough in States from the posts I read you go deaf that's it...at least we get occupational therapists and social workers...ASL not always option it takes time to learn. lip reading classes important also the person in your life needs to adapt if you got children learn ASL with them..
I NOT A YANKY i am BRIT

Hi John: Like you had "sensoinerual hearing loss" about 50 years. Genetic. Used Hearing aids in both ears since the 60/70s. Became completely DEAF in December 2006. Requested consideration re Cochlear Implant. Was accepted and activated August 2007.

Has this been considered by you?

I am also aware not everyone is "suitable" for a variety of reasons. Only a ENT doctor can determine exactly your situation.

Much success in dealing with the fact of being DEAF.

not everyone in MA is snobby- I know quite a few people who were born and raised in MA and they are nowhere near snobby.

Maybe they're just all in your town- in that case- considering a move in your near future to another state wouldn't hurt.

not everyone in MA is snobby- I know quite a few people who were born and raised in MA and they are nowhere near snobby.

Maybe they're just all in your town- in that case- considering a move in your near future to another state wouldn't hurt.
My maternal grandmother was from MA--she was one of the sweetest ladies you'd want to know. No snobbishness at all.

My other MA ancestors lived before my time, so no telling how they were. :giggle:

Most of my other immediate ancestors were from CT, which is neighbor to MA, and none of the family members I've met were snobbish.

Yankee land is like any other place--some good and some bad.

My maternal grandmother was from MA--she was one of the sweetest ladies you'd want to know. No snobbishness at all.

My other MA ancestors lived before my time, so no telling how they were. :giggle:

Most of my other immediate ancestors were from CT, which is neighbor to MA, and none of the family members I've met were snobbish.

Yankee land is like any other place--some good and some bad.

I grew up a very small town and people were very snobby if you were difference in any way , so I stuck out right as being difference in school .
I know a few people that hated growing up in my town . It was also very Anti Semite . Jewish people could not join the golf club near my house.

Because you refuse to sign. So thus to you its just a lacking...a ngative..a medical afflictin, a disorder, an abnormal stateof being human in need of treatment and a cure.
The capital D in Deaf isnt about the medical model. Its about our language and culture. That is where the gift lies..

wdys has not refused to sign it her greatest regret she not know..She come from generation when ASL not encouraged..the older you get harder it is learn another langage.
AS for being a gift i was born hearing Deaf at 30 i dont look at it as gift but i used to it

I grew up a very small town and people were very snobby if you were difference in any way , so I stuck out right as being difference in school .

I know a few people that hated growing up in my town . It was also very Anti Semite . Jewish people could not join the golf club near my house.

AntiSemite / Jews was/is not restricted to MA. You probably would have run into that, and the attitude toward your deafness, just about anywhere.

AntiSemite / Jews was/is not restricted to MA. You probably would have run into that, and the attitude toward your deafness, just about anywhere.

first of all where is ma and what anti semite got to do with nerve deafness

V
wdys has not refused to sign it her greatest regret she not know..She come from generation when ASL not encouraged..the older you get harder it is learn another langage.
AS for being a gift i was born hearing Deaf at 30 i dont look at it as gift but i used to it

Never to late to sign. Fact is she doesnt sign. And wont sign.
Again the gift is in our language and our cullture. Not in the pysiclal or medical paradigm.
Others can tag us all they like and as they wish...
Its disarming. And disempowering.
Thus we empower ourselves by our signs...its that simple.

Last edited:
sometimes people can be embarrest when HofH go deaf club everyone signing away can be disorinating.
I sign fluently or did I in area no deaf clubs there is signing choir but that not for me find them patronizing
I have to travel someway to get to Deaf social scene so life can be lonely maybe like that for wdys.
for me I had daughter same time went deaf and she had to do makoton from there I went to lessons or mostly I was in a circle of people who were doing signing for one reason or the other..Little babies who now 30yr old men I learned with deaf children aswel as parents..If I not been in that situation I don't know if I be so fluent it was everyday for about 10years..wdys did not have that oppitunity..she have come back explain but nowhere I read she don't want to sign

i do get erked about those who sign then that don't more people speak urdo hindi Arabic in Britain sorry hoichi but signing is a dying langage sadly

i do get erked about those who sign then that don't more people speak urdo hindi Arabic in Britain sorry hoichi but signing is a dying langage sadly

Well. Im not much a follower or someone who gives up easy...so....
Dying or not...
I sign.

sometimes people can be embarrest when HofH go deaf club everyone signing away can be disorinating.
I sign fluently or did I in area no deaf clubs there is signing choir but that not for me find them patronizing
I have to travel someway to get to Deaf social scene so life can be lonely maybe like that for wdys.
for me I had daughter same time went deaf and she had to do makoton from there I went to lessons or mostly I was in a circle of people who were doing signing for one reason or the other..Little babies who now 30yr old men I learned with deaf children aswel as parents..If I not been in that situation I don't know if I be so fluent it was everyday for about 10years..wdys did not have that oppitunity..she have come back explain but nowhere I read she don't want to sign

Is about will...
If she wanted to she coukd start signing when ever..
She doesnt..
Thus what i posted...
And i stand by it.
Excuses are like assholes. Everyone has one..but excuses just the same
Meh

first of all where is ma and what anti semite got to do with nerve deafness

WDYS brought up the Anti semite, not me. I agree that it's off-topic.

MA is Massachusetts (you had to make me spell it out, didn't you? :lol: )

WDYS brought up the Anti semite, not me. I agree that it's off-topic.

MA is Massachusetts (you had to make me spell it out, didn't you? :lol: )

LOL oh my god that spelling impossible...I under impression it was the STAte Main WELL WRONG there

Back