Newbie here

Do you?
us Deaf Sure dont..
Fascinating
Which cracker jack box you get thIs gift from,..?
Neat...
You saying that you cant communicate with another deaf person no matter where their from ?
You need to find that cracker box of gifts to do so !

Are you talking about International Sign Language which we could learn and understand which we can traveled any place in the world to visit as tourists? International Sign Language is universal.

Some countries use their own sign language while other countries adopt BSL like Australia. And other countries adopt ASL like South America.

I agree with Hoichi that there is a difference on the letter of d and D. Deaf is cultural and being Deaf is a gift while the small letter for d for deaf is a medical terminology and is a curse by the hearing people, not us.[/QUOTE

Im talking about actually communicating making us understand each other. We don't have to use the spelling side of signing.

Are you talking about International Sign Language which we could learn and understand which we can traveled any place in the world to visit as tourists? International Sign Language is universal.

Some countries use their own sign language while other countries adopt BSL like Australia. And other countries adopt ASL like South America.

I agree with Hoichi that there is a difference on the letter of d and D. Deaf is cultural and being Deaf is a gift while the small letter for d for deaf is a medical terminology and is a curse by the hearing people, not us.[/QUOTE

Im talking about actually communicating making us understand each other. We don't have to use the spelling side of signing.

If you want to learn how to sign properly if you can go to the sign language class with the Deaf teacher. You need to learn how to sign alphabet and learn to sign sentences which might not be all in order and to learn about Deaf culture.

The letter for d is for deaf which is oral only, no sign language.

The capital letter for D is Deaf which is Deaf Culture, only sign language in the Deaf communities. That is why it is important that we sign instead of trying to understand lipreading and oral.

If you want or need a sign language interpreters to help you understand what hearing people said in public places like doctors, lawyers, theater performance or any other places where you need to know what is going on. When you want sign language interpreter(s), you need to make advance time about one week ahead of time of your appointment. You don't have to pay for hiring the interpreters. Just let the office get the interpreters for you and they will pay.

If you want to learn how to sign properly if you can go to the sign language class with the Deaf teacher. You need to learn how to sign alphabet and learn to sign sentences which might not be all in order and to learn about Deaf culture.

The letter for d is for deaf which is oral only, no sign language.

The capital letter for D is Deaf which is Deaf Culture, only sign language in the Deaf communities. That is why it is important that we sign instead of trying to understand lipreading and oral.

If you want or need a sign language interpreters to help you understand what hearing people said in public places like doctors, lawyers, theater performance or any other places where you need to know what is going on. When you want sign language interpreter(s), you need to make advance time about one week ahead of time of your appointment. You don't have to pay for hiring the interpreters. Just let the office get the interpreters for you and they will pay.

I think you are misunderstanding me. I am deaf and can do BSL. I'm talking about communicating with someone who cannot understand English like where I am now in Spain. I'm saying we the deaf can make these people understand us using our signing skills. We do not have to use spelling signs cos obviously they would not have a clue.
Just like the game lots play "give us a clue".
Get it ?

You saying that you cant communicate with another deaf person no matter where their from ?
You need to find that cracker box of gifts to do so !

That is not what i stated. Or mean.
Humans can and do communicate with eachother in a variety of ways, langauge is one, gesture is another,
I dont know any chinese, but ive been able to communicate with chinese speakers in restaursnts by pointing and gesture..
Does this mean i know chinese?
As for the Deaf some of our sign anguages are close others not...
I dont know BSL...im fluent in and use ASL
They are NOT mutually intelegible languages.
Communication can still occure between fluent users but thats not the languages being understood its mode.about how we.can.adaot using gwsture or symbols like any human

Spelling side of signing?...
Maybe lesrn a sign language first, before you post much about it...you claim to know BSL, how much finger spelling is used...in it?
fingerspelling has its place in ASL but its not a foremost place, not amongst us Deaf,
Really

I think you are misunderstanding me. I am deaf and can do BSL. I'm talking about communicating with someone who cannot understand English like where I am now in Spain. I'm saying we the deaf can make these people understand us using our signing skills. We do not have to use spelling signs cos obviously they would not have a clue.
Get it ?

You are rather uNique..congrats..
Ive been all through western europe, ASL got me no where with hearies obviously.
I still communicated..sure.
But that communicatiin was rather rudimentary, pointing..to what i wanted, pointing for directions, thumbs up, so on
but thats not the full.breath of wht communication is.

Get it ?

Here again that you mentioned "deaf" which indicated that you are an oral-only deaf person. You claimed that you can do BSL (British Sign Language) if you are good at signing. I did not know that BSL were used in sunny Spain. I thought it would be a different sign language in Spain.

I have a feeling that you are a Wannabe deaf. You are pointing way off the mark on what you said. You are not deaf since you were a toddler. This does not make sense to me.

If you want to communicate with the hearing people, then all you need to do is mimic or gesture, but still it is better to write down on papers so that they can understand you. As for saying that you don't need spelling signs, you have to use spelling signs while communicating with Deaf people. Hearing people, no. Just write down if you know the Spanish language to write to communicate with them. Simple.

Here again that you mentioned "deaf" which indicated that you are an oral-only deaf person. You claimed that you can do BSL (British Sign Language) if you are good at signing. I did not know that BSL were used in sunny Spain. I thought it would be a different sign language in Spain.

I have a feeling that you are a Wannabe deaf. You are pointing way off the mark on what you said. You are not deaf since you were a toddler. This does not make sense to me.

If you want to communicate with the hearing people, then all you need to do is mimic or gesture, but still it is better to write down on papers so that they can understand you. As for saying that you don't need spelling signs, you have to use spelling signs while communicating with Deaf people. Hearing people, no. Just write down if you know the Spanish language to write to communicate with them. Simple.

So you're saying you don't believe im deaf ?
Go back to my first post. I think you'll find that I said im stone deaf without my hearing aid.
Do I have to draw a picture for you ?

Hi here. I'm new hearing and I have this hearing problem. M single from florida and I own my business. I'm here for a serious relationship that would lead to marriage. Please get in touch if you re interested. Or talk to me on yahoomessenger: kennedymccollins@yahoo.com

Hi here. I'm new hearing and I have this hearing problem. M single from florida and I own my business. I'm here for a serious relationship that would lead to marriage. Please get in touch if you re interested. Or talk to me on yahoomessenger: kennedymccollins@yahoo.com

You are in the wrong post here for the discussion. This is not a dating forum nor are you looking for a quick marriage. If you are hearing, start making new hearing friends but don't take advantage of women to make marriage with you. If you get to know the person well as she will get to know you, too. She is a person in her own right, a individual, not a object. She can make her own decision on her life. Don't ever look for someone to be a housekeeper or a soul mate to do your bidding. This is not the way for you to do that. So get lost.

So you're saying you don't believe im deaf ?
Go back to my first post. I think you'll find that I said im stone deaf without my hearing aid.
Do I have to draw a picture for you ?

I know you said "Stone deaf". It is like as if you are trying to listen to the music and you can not tell the difference with high or low tone of the music. That is what it mean "stone deaf".

If you are really losing your hearing since you were a toddler. You still don't understand the difference between d and D for d/Deaf. We use them for Deaf Culture. I keep saying that small letter for d is deaf for oral-only which you would rather speak, no sign language or BSL and capital letter for D is Deaf for BSL only, even if you can speak in public with hearing people but with Deaf people signed with other Deaf people to communicate in the Deaf communities. If you use BSL interpreters to help you understand what hearing people say in public like doctors, lawyers, meetings, plays (theatre) or any kind of much needed services to help you understand what hearing people said.

If you are using BSL and know the BSL well or fairly well, then you use the capital letter for D as you are Deaf not the small letter for deaf. Understand what I am saying? :roll:

Last edited:
Would you be son of joker,best way to tell how you feel about sharks:)

I know you said "Stone deaf". It is like as if you are trying to listen to the music and you can not tell the difference with high or low tone of the music. That is what it mean "stone deaf".

If you are really losing your hearing since you were a toddler. You still don't understand the difference between d and D for d/Deaf. We use them for Deaf Culture. I keep saying that small letter for d is deaf for oral-only which you would rather speak, no sign language or BSL and capital letter for D is Deaf for BSL only, even if you can speak in public with hearing people but with Deaf people signed with other Deaf people to communicate in the Deaf communities. If you use BSL interpreters to help you understand what hearing people say in public like doctors, lawyers, meetings, plays (theatre) or any kind of much needed services to help you understand what hearing people said.

If you are using BSL and know the BSL well or fairly well, then you use the capital letter for D as you are Deaf not the small letter for deaf. Understand what I am saying? :roll:

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/british/stone-deaf :roll:

You are in the wrong post here for the discussion. This is not a dating forum nor are you looking for a quick marriage. If you are hearing, start making new hearing friends but don't take advantage of women to make marriage with you. If you get to know the person well as she will get to know you, too. She is a person in her own right, a individual, not a object. She can make her own decision on her life. Don't ever look for someone to be a housekeeper or a soul mate to do your bidding. This is not the way for you to do that. So get lost.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Well then you shoukd know better. If you sign, are a brit, after al the capital D was started in britian, as a way to distinguish Deaf signers from oral onlu deaf...
Anyway..
Paddy ladd, is a good read, understanding Deaf culture
Which deals with the above wnd allot more...

You have got D and d wrong. d means all of us. D means different groups of Deaf people using their particular sign language whether its ASL, BSL or wherever you come from.

http://nad.org/issues/american-sign-language/community-and-culture-faq

Scam *cough* Scam.......... Have you not tried online dating or the like?

What?? I'm late to this thread, but Australia has Auslan... Is this kid still here?

Back