What are you thinking about Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking about how to best approach property management at my new place about the ADA and what they need to do. I'll have to tread carefully on this one.

Im thinking to hope that one of my kitty is really FINE. She is in 6 months quarantine since May 27. So far, she seems OK to me. Next month, if she is really OK then she will be FREE to be joining with other kitties with Health dept's decision. I pray hard for it.

next month shall be a crazy month. CI surgery on the 15th, so trip down to Denver for surgery, come back home.. then go back down to Denver again for CI activation on the 28th, then back home.. Halloween, etc. oy.

Thinking about how to best approach property management at my new place about the ADA and what they need to do. I'll have to tread carefully on this one.

What does the management have to do ? You could call ADA and see if they can help you , it might get the management to move faster too.

Thinking how stupid I was to get a sunburn yesterday. Dermatologist is not going to be too pleased with me.

What does the management have to do ? You could call ADA and see if they can help you , it might get the management to move faster too.

For the most part, they need to make sure I can be aware if I have visitors. That's one of the things to discuss this week. They might also be required to buy a flashing doorbell, too, but I would need to check and see if they are indeed required to do so or not.

Seems a strobe fire alarm would be more important. Talk to them about that and the doorbell. I'm certain they won't cover phone flashers or that type.

Here in MN the law is that for any rental unit, a landlord must allow certain assistive devices to be installed, especially strobe fire alarms. They can't say no. But they are allowed to ask you to pay for the product and installation.

Seems a strobe fire alarm would be more important. Talk to them about that and the doorbell. I'm certain they won't cover phone flashers or that type.

Yes. I will be covering all the basic needs. Also need a CO2 alarm, too, as that is required by law here. So far I need to make sure I have the following necessities:

Doorbell

Strobe Alarm

CO2 Alarm (Flashing)

And as for phone ringers, I'm not too worried about that. I will, however, ask them to call me and let me know a visitor is waiting for me.

That reminds me of how,in college and doing research papers, I had to do everything the good old fashioned way. :lol: Internet wasn't around for the general public yet.

Your post brought back some nice memories. Years ago, before home computers were a necessity or affordable, a must have was encyclopedias. Sales men would come door to door trying to sell them to you. I think my son was in fifth grade, no computer at home and had to do a report about every state. It took forever!! We had numerous encyclopedias all over the dining room table. Years later when my daughters had to do the same report we had a computer. Encyclopedias are gone, which makes me a little sad. We use to let the girls pick a certain encyclopedia letter every night and let them chose a topic for us to read a bedtime story to them.

Your post brought back some nice memories. Years ago, before home computers were a necessity or affordable, a must have was encyclopedias. Sales men would come door to door trying to sell them to you. I think my son was in fifth grade, no computer at home and had to do a report about every state. It took forever!! We had numerous encyclopedias all over the dining room table. Years later when my daughters had to do the same report we had a computer. Encyclopedias are gone, which makes me a little sad. We use to let the girls pick a certain encyclopedia letter every night and let them chose a topic for us to read a bedtime story to them.

We had a set of Encyclopedia too growing up , I think my younger sister took the set for her daughters . I use to buy my granddaughter nature magazines but she can get all that stuff on the computer now, but it does feel the same to me. I like having a good book to read instead an ebook.

We had a set of Encyclopedia too growing up , I think my younger sister took the set for her daughters . I use to buy my granddaughter nature magazines but she can get all that stuff on the computer now, but it does feel the same to me. I like having a good book to read instead an ebook.

gee, now I wonder what happened to the set of encyclopedias we had in our family when I was a kid... they were from the 70's I think haha. 60's maybe. I used to randomly go through them when I was bored (not really reading, just flipping through pages). hmm....

Thinking of what upgrades I need for both of my bicycles. I have a cell phone holder for the Mongoose, but the Trek needs one. Also, I need to switch my bicycle seat collar to a different style, which would make it much harder to steal the seat. Then both bicycles need upgraded bicycle lights, so there is that.

Thinking that I am not looking forward to going to a professional development workshop being hosted by the school's audiologist to talk about how to maximize kids' CIs in the classroom. Pls...I use ASL, period!

And as for phone ringers, I'm not too worried about that. I will, however, ask them to call me and let me know a visitor is waiting for me.
??

Ask them to call you to let you know a visitor is waiting? How would that work if you are going to have a doorbell installed anyway?

The hardest part I had when apartment living is if you live in a building where the only way a visitor could get IN was to to be 'buzzed in' through a intercom system. The one place I lived had that system (and I hated it)- so now when I apartment hunt I avoid places like that.

If you mean waiting at the gate- I had that also at my last place- that was a fun thing to work around but did find that if I input the number of the gate and labeled it- all I had to do was answer the phone and input a set of numbers I think it was (it's been over 1.5 years so I can't remember anymore)- no need to really listen even though that's how the gate system is set up- they buzz your cell (or landline), tell you who it is then you hit the key combo to release the gate. Since I rarely (if ever) had any visitors anyway I just went straight for the "let 'em in since I knew who to expect" or I gave them my gate code prior to them arriving(family really). I found out later many times if you order in- pizza etc, most of the drivers already have some sort of default code they can enter into the keypad and let themselves in. (scarey actually....)

Last edited:
Thinking of job in Canada. Same boss, different responsibilities. Might be nice to get a change of scenery.

??

Ask them to call you to let you know a visitor is waiting? How would that work if you are going to have a doorbell installed anyway?

The hardest part I had when apartment living is if you live in a building where the only way a visitor could get IN was to to be 'buzzed in' through a intercom system. The one place I lived had that system (and I hated it)- so now when I apartment hunt I avoid places like that.

If you mean waiting at the gate- I had that also at my last place- that was a fun thing to work around but did find that if I input the number of the gate and labeled it- all I had to do was answer the phone and input a set of numbers I think it was (it's been over 1.5 years so I can't remember anymore)- no need to really listen even though that's how the gate system is set up- they buzz your cell (or landline), tell you who it is then you hit the key combo to release the gate. Since I rarely (if ever) had any visitors anyway I just went straight for the "let 'em in since I knew who to expect" or I gave them my gate code prior to them arriving(family really). I found out later many times if you order in- pizza etc, most of the drivers already have some sort of default code they can enter into the keypad and let themselves in. (scarey actually....)

Since I am severely deaf, and can barely hear anything these days, the best way would be to have them call my Sorenson VRS number, and let me know someone is waiting for me. That's just one of the options to be discussed tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back