What are you thinking about Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I am severely deaf, and can barely hear anything these days, the best way would be to have them call my Sorenson VRS number, and let me know someone is waiting for me. That's just one of the options to be discussed tomorrow.

When I was working as a health aide I worked in one building where they had a camera in the lobby that was hooked up the all the residents TV and they could watch their TV to see went their guest arrived and beep them in .
I went to one of my women clients and she was all excited , a guy came into the lobby and started to take his clothes right in front of the camera , first off came his shoes then his shirt and he was soon stripped naked ! My client told me she wish she had one of those machine to record , she meant a VCR so she could watch it over again ! LOL! The cops phone was ringing off the hook but they where laughing so hard it took them time to get out to find the guy. The guy said he was drunk and thought he was home . :roll:

When I was working as a health aide I worked in one building where they had a camera in the lobby that was hooked up the all the residents TV and they could watch their TV to see went their guest arrived and beep them in .
I went to one of my women clients and she was all excited , a guy came into the lobby and started to take his clothes right in front of the camera , first off came his shoes then his shirt and he was soon stripped naked ! My client told me she wish she had one of those machine to record , she meant a VCR so she could watch it over again ! LOL! The cops phone was ringing off the hook but they where laughing so hard it took them time to get out to find the guy. The guy said he was drunk and thought he was home . :roll:

Yeah, not sure about that, but I will be checking into that. Like I said, a lot to discuss tomorrow.

What happen to the 'Like' button , I went to give some a 'like' vote and it gone ?

Yeah, not sure about that, but I will be checking into that. Like I said, a lot to discuss tomorrow.

This was a cheaper way to let people know when their guess arrived , and some my clients kept their TV on the lobby channel to watch what people do while waiting to be beeped in, they did not realize there was camera right on them . . It was like watching 'Smile your on candid camera'. LOL!

This was a cheaper way to let people know when their guess arrived , and some my clients kept their TV on the lobby channel to watch what people do while waiting to be beeped in, they did not realize there was camera right on them . . It was like watching 'Smile your on candid camera'. LOL!

Yes, I know. However, not all places have that. That is why I need to look at my options tomorrow, and see what they can offer. That way I can maximize my needs.

I'm not sure what you mean by "They/them" but if you mean the staff- that may not be a viable option. Staff have a lot of other responsibilities plus there may be times noone is there.

Now I think you can probably hook your Sorenson VRS # into the gate system (you still didn't say what the actual set up was as to how entry is made for guests...). In the last place I lived, you could select resident- that gave a key combo (4 digit # if I recall)- entered that and that rang through to whatever phone # the resident had on file. (or you could enter the # directly- like I said it's been a while so having a hard time picturing the entry device).

Never liked that or the key card access(one gate was for residents, the other for visitors, the third was exit) because people STILL managed to zoom through behind whoever originally 'opened' the gate...pain in the ass when people tailgated you through.

Re the "like" link- betting that was disabled today because of the recent 'Bad site' warning popping up.

I'm not sure what you mean by "They/them" but if you mean the staff- that may not be a viable option. Staff have a lot of other responsibilities plus there may be times noone is there.

Now I think you can probably hook your Sorenson VRS # into the gate system (you still didn't say what the actual set up was as to how entry is made for guests...). In the last place I lived, you could select resident- that gave a key combo (4 digit # if I recall)- entered that and that rang through to whatever phone # the resident had on file. (or you could enter the # directly- like I said it's been a while so having a hard time picturing the entry device).

Never liked that or the key card access(one gate was for residents, the other for visitors, the third was exit) because people STILL managed to zoom through behind whoever originally 'opened' the gate...pain in the ass when people tailgated you through.

Re the "like" link- betting that was disabled today because of the recent 'Bad site' warning popping up.

I was wonder if that was the reason , I did not see the bad site popup but I had it warnings that a link was a threat to use.

I was wonder if that was the reason , I did not see the bad site popup but I had it warnings that a link was a threat to use.

Yeah. It came up this morning, and they are trying to get it straightened out. Google Chrome and Firefox have blocked access to it, but those who have the AllDeaf app on their phones or tablets can use then safely (at least that's the thinking).

Yeah. It came up this morning, and they are trying to get it straightened out. Google Chrome and Firefox have blocked access to it, but those who have the AllDeaf app on their phones or tablets can use then safely (at least that's the thinking).

Thanks , I did not go on line till later in the day so I did not see that . I can see been slow around here today , not a lot of posting .

Thanks , I did not go on line till later in the day so I did not see that . I can see been slow around here today , not a lot of posting .

That is because of AllDeaf being down all day. Many of the members here aren't able to access the site on their computers because of Google Chrome and Firefox blocking access to it, and I'm fairly sure Safari has, too. Some smartphones and tablets have a mobile version of these browsers, and AllDeaf is blocked there, too. The only thing still working is the AllDeaf app, and I also suspect Tapatalk blocked it, too.

I'm wondering "what the Hell is it with people and emails." I've been waiting to hear from two people for more than a month now. One's a language teacher. I emailed to say I was interested in lessons, I'm hearing impaired, but I will try to call (she left her number and told me to call so we "could talk"). I did just that twice over the weekend (last month) and got no reply. I tried again during the week without success so I called three times in total. Then she emails and asks me what my question(s) were....are you kidding? Do people not know how to scroll down? She emailed me out of the blue on the 10th to ask that I state when I'm available and she still hasn't answered me. Is this common these days or I'm just out of the loop? Good manners says get back to people within three days. Am I really out of line to expect that? Can you imagine what it must be like to speak with her? :eek3:

Laura

I'm wondering "what the Hell is it with people and emails." I've been waiting to hear from two people for more than a month now. One's a language teacher. I emailed to say I was interested in lessons, I'm hearing impaired, but I will try to call (she left her number and told me to call so we "could talk"). I did just that twice over the weekend (last month) and got no reply. I tried again during the week without success so I called three times in total. Then she emails and asks me what my question(s) were....are you kidding? Do people not know how to scroll down? She emailed me out of the blue on the 10th to ask that I state when I'm available and she still hasn't answered me. Is this common these days or I'm just out of the loop? Good manners says get back to people within three days. Am I really out of line to expect that? Can you imagine what it must be like to speak with her? :eek3:

Laura

I feel for you . I think good manners and common sense is thing of the past .
Technology has is down sides it's so easy overlook emails and if someone get a lot in one day they could only open the ones they are familiar with.
I find it best to keep my emails short when asking a person questions and I notice if I asked 3 or 4 questions only one will get answered .

CB2, Gee I hope it's safe for me to use AllDeaf then.

I feel for you . I think good manners and common sense is thing of the past .
Technology has is down sides it's so easy overlook emails and if someone get a lot in one day they could only open the ones they are familiar with.
I find it best to keep my emails short when asking a person questions and I notice if I asked 3 or 4 questions only one will get answered .

CB2, Gee I hope it's safe for me to use AllDeaf then.

Depending on what browser you are using, and what OS, it might not be. Some members have had to use their mobile devices to post, and some of us really don't prefer that method whatsoever. I can say that almost all of us are hoping it won't be down too long, as it's been down the entire day. I can't post new pictures or anything I'd like to do on here. :|

3665063-howard-the-duck.gif

Just realized that over the course of my life, I have visited six different Illinois lakes. That covers a span of at least 20 years, starting with Camp Lion in Carbondale in 1995, and the last lake I visited not at home was Lake Vanderbilt, in 2012.

That is because of AllDeaf being down all day. Many of the members here aren't able to access the site on their computers because of Google Chrome and Firefox blocking access to it, and I'm fairly sure Safari has, too. Some smartphones and tablets have a mobile version of these browsers, and AllDeaf is blocked there, too. The only thing still working is the AllDeaf app, and I also suspect Tapatalk blocked it, too.
Technically it wasn't "down", just that it kept throwing up a warning message- or FireFox and/or Google did. If it was down we'd have gotten a 404 or some other error message. I was able to access AD after clicking on the "ignore this" link on the warning (as I've been through that lovely 'warning' and vBulletin issue before). I think the forum was slower than usual as people will generally see that warning then close down the browser without trying to circumvent the warning page.

JMO....

I couldn't even access AllDeaf at all on either one. They have a safety button on both Firefox and Google Chrome that takes you back to safety, and it was blocked from being accessed. It may not have been down completely, but it was still inaccessible, and still is now. I saw the other thread where it's been blocked by Safari, as well. Hopefully the issues will be resolved within the day today.

Thinking about crawling back to bed and staying warm. It is chilly out!

Technically it wasn't "down", just that it kept throwing up a warning message- or FireFox and/or Google did. If it was down we'd have gotten a 404 or some other error message. I was able to access AD after clicking on the "ignore this" link on the warning (as I've been through that lovely 'warning' and vBulletin issue before). I think the forum was slower than usual as people will generally see that warning then close down the browser without trying to circumvent the warning page.

JMO....

I did too! After reading the Google article that comes up after the why is this site blocked (similar wording) button is clicked in the Firefox warning and the resulting Google article says the site itself came up clean.

thinking I should go hospital my broken arms painful but want see grandson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back