Does anyone have an Alienware laptop?

err, we're talking about LAPTOPS, gaming laptops, these tend to be prone to overheating...but technology Have improved and its just becomes a question of whether certains models made be certain brands have done a short-cut or cost cutting which jeaporise the reliability or a mismatch of say, a CPU and a GPU in combination...which can affect (it could even be the chipset(s) on the mobo of laptop which makes the relationshop between cpu and gpu and rams difficult - it happens
Im trying to suss which are the real deal and which are the lemons....

I have an almost 6 year old alienware pc that still keeps up with gaming. Just need to feed it a part upgrade every few years - which is easy because of the interior design. There warranty procedure is painful though. I got a new hd early on as mine was faulty and the procedure nearly cost me my sanity.
I have a asus laptop as a back up for gaming and its been very stable. I added a raised fan stand as it could literally cook you when processing intense graphics.
http://www.coolermaster.com/mobile/notepal-series/notepal-u3/

Ah. Peace of mind. All I needed was tekkie talk ah the calm inside, Thanks Grummer. Night all....

change my mind again, an Asus ROG G75VX...nice specs good design for cleaning out filters at the back to fight dust......and thunderbolt and good mSata in Raid) for fast boot

all tech talk making me dizzy!

I have an ancient dell precision m6300 caad laptop I brought off ebay it does overheat so i wouldn't be using it for gaming anytime anyhow

Oh no, believe me I'm computer retarded... :laugh2: The only reason I know what FPS are is because I know when they are low I lag and my game runs like POO! My Alienware never runs below 90 or so... so I'm happy. Trying to run it on my old Asus I would run 20 and it made me VERY ANGRY!!! :mad: :laugh2:

The only reason I know the stats and what not is because my dad showed me where to ind it and helped me pick it out and customize it... if it weren't for him, I would have probably bought something crappy and paid far too much for it. With his help I was able to customize this thing and get it for cheaper than the base price to boot! My dad is a computer wiz... I'm just technologically impaired... believe me! :laugh2: Of course I have a cooling pad for my lappy, but even if I don't use it I've still never had an overheating issue with it... I just use it for extra piece of mind. :P

I've had the unfortunate exposure to Weird AL's song here.... makes me regret my C.I.... :shock: Tampa Bay is definitely far from Amish territory, though.

images

um..a bit of an update....not getting a laptop for gaming...rather a desktop...running Haswell i7, AMD R9 290 X, 16gb RAM of something not sure....and at least a mobo with a thunderbolt port.....that'd do, oh and a couple SSDs, and maybe raptors (10,000 rpm hdds) if its still fashionable...already have a server with a future NAS adding its capacity so the gamer is just gonna have fast drives and not much 'space' only enough for currently used games otherwise, Ethernet access...lol easy!!! wireless are a waste of time for networking with BIG datas
just my mate been telling me no, and blah blah blah i gave in to his gamers wisdom of eons...

Back