Does anyone have an Alienware laptop?

I have an Alienware, I haven't had any issues with it at all. I have that one specifically for gaming and occasional movies. ( I have a separate one for school work, online browsing ect. ) I enjoy it. It's fast, I get great FPS on my games and I personally haven't had any charging or overheating issues. Mine is about a year old.

Hey, Grummer. Have you ever considered getting an Asus touch screen laptop? Those are pretty nifty.

Sent from my X501_USA_Cricket using AllDeaf App mobile app

Hey, Grummer. Have you ever considered getting an Asus touch screen laptop? Those are pretty nifty.

Sent from my X501_USA_Cricket using AllDeaf App mobile app

nah , i want a grunty desktop, but in a compactness , portability of a laptop

..i go away often and hate lugging along all the wires and shit and hates a weak lappy
im quite happy to have those big under-laptop fans running, in fact its a necessity for those gamers laptops

ah, tom's hardware , they have been around for a LOooong time, and reputable website for reviews...

hmm i checked it in NZ, way too pricy, as its imported...and greedy business likes to mark up excessively based on 'exclusiveness' duh....(not to you,them importers) a few alienwares on sale used, my guess those ones for sales are the duds.....or it may not be....

i d keep eye out on the MSI....i know that this brand is solid...been around quite a long time too.....

those of you who have an Alienware M17x, could you be bit more specific like what CPU . GPU and RAMs you have? so id know whether if its the Ati or Nvidia have problems or cpu or rams , but its mainly the graphics what which supposed to be switchable, to the on board intel 4000 or similar that might seem to be the problematic, , maybe like if you intend to run and switch all the time it'd play up or if you set to stay on the discreet gpus....might run smoother?

those of you who have an Alienware M17x, could you be bit more specific like what CPU . GPU and RAMs you have? so id know whether if its the Ati or Nvidia have problems or cpu or rams , but its mainly the graphics what which supposed to be switchable, to the on board intel 4000 or similar that might seem to be the problematic, , maybe like if you intend to run and switch all the time it'd play up or if you set to stay on the discreet gpus....might run smoother?

My M17x is the R1, it's 5 or so years old and became obsolete a few years ago. I have a core 2 duo, GTX 260M and 4GB Ram in this computer. I'd crossfire 260's, but I'd need another 260M for that sadly.. :(

The integrated GPU sucks anyway, the dedicated GPU will likely be the same as mine and be turned on in settings when you first boot up. As a long time Alienware owner, I'm recommending you steer clear of Alienware, but you're free to do what you want, if you go for it, I hope after a few years, your computer is better off than this one.

If it overheats, it's likely just the GPU in need of dust removal, which is an easy fix.

ok , noted..
thanks for good honest feedback, i appreciated this
cheers

Mine is called an Alienware 18. These are the stats. Intel Core i7-4900MQ, 32GB of system memory, 500GB SSD boot drive, and dual Nvidia GeForce GTX 780M graphics card. That's just what the fancy thing says on the side, but I know I got some extras because I wanted it specifically for gaming. ( I'm computer retarded ) It was a pretty penny though, that's for damn sure! :ugh: Nice freaking warranty though! :D

i changed my mind, i think i can do better.....that Ati video isnt that great.....

Mine is called an Alienware 18. These are the stats. Intel Core i7-4900MQ, 32GB of system memory, 500GB SSD boot drive, and dual Nvidia GeForce GTX 780M graphics card. That's just what the fancy thing says on the side, but I know I got some extras because I wanted it specifically for gaming. ( I'm computer retarded ) It was a pretty penny though, that's for damn sure! :ugh: Nice freaking warranty though! :D

you can't be a retard...if you know whats a FPS, nor that you understand SSD is flash drive not mechanical... so what games you play??!
tbh i havent played games for ages but dont want to overheat and thrash this i5 dual here...it barely does the video editing....i scrapped it with luck when i did a docu 2 years ago.....id like to keep this one for normal use, and have a decent can-do lappy for games and no i dont want to lug or leave it at home....call me paranoid i don't care....

I've just discovered that Dell has added the Nvidia GeForce GTX 880M / 860M and AMD Radeon R9 M290X to the specs of their Alienware 17 and 18 in their German website. This means the new GPUs will arrive very soon to these notebooks. IIt confirms their highest level GTX 880M will have 8GB GDDR5 memory.

My laptop is a Sony, and I've been happy with it. 2 or 3 years, still going! But I also had it customized online through Sony's site when I ordered it so it cost extra.

I'd personally stay away from Dell/Alienware, but that's just me. Just have heard too many horror stories about their computers.

I'd have to ask or look (going there later this year maybe) but I do know it is at least 3-5 years old and he has taken it with him when he is away for work (on a boat). It stays home now mostly so his wife can use it.

I have an Alienware, I haven't had any issues with it at all. I have that one specifically for gaming and occasional movies. ( I have a separate one for school work, online browsing ect. ) I enjoy it. It's fast, I get great FPS on my games and I personally haven't had any charging or overheating issues. Mine is about a year old.

I agree with Mewtilation. My husband has an Alienware desktop that's 3 or 4 years old, and has had no problems at all. And he uses it constantly for Flight simulator. It still gets good FPS.

Back