All about electric cars!

sequoias

Premium Member
Reaction score
Discuss here.....

nah. I'll stick with this

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G545NsubJgU]Cummins Diesel vs Bicyclist - YouTube[/ame]

Rams are cool!! I have a Ram, but that is pretty rude what they're doing there.

As for electric cars, the whole world will change once electric cars come in production.

Think about it. All gas stations will go out of business. Electric stations will have to be built.

People cannot get rich quickly on oil and gas. Electrical fields will become a more demanding field.

I would go on and on. I am sure you can add to this.

I would rather to wait for electric car to be able to drive more than 500 miles without recharging, maybe nuclear fuel cell work better ? Soviet submarine use nuclear fuel cell, and one nuclear fuel cell ball would be able to run submarine for twenty years.

Here is the worst electric car design I ever seen;

exterior.jpg

wheels-Toyota-Prius-plug-in-blogSpan.jpg

*VOMITS*

Just imagine what happen if the battery die and someone drove an electric car with turbocharged engine. Just imagine going from 150 mph to zero!!!! that is why many people dislike the idea of electric car.

I would rather to wait for electric car to be able to drive more than 500 miles without recharging, maybe nuclear fuel cell work better ? Soviet submarine use nuclear fuel cell, and one nuclear fuel cell ball would be able to run submarine for twenty years.

nuclear fuel cell means massive cooling system. that's why submarine has several nuclear engineers to keep it humming and cool for 20+ years.

electric car that goes on for 500+ miles without recharging won't ever come into existence on practical scale for probably next 25 years until some genius made a life-changing breakthrough in chemical engineering for battery.

Hybrid Car makes sense. I wouldn't be surprised if an affordable hybrid car can go more than 800 miles per refuel by 2020.

Rams are cool!! I have a Ram, but that is pretty rude what they're doing there.

As for electric cars, the whole world will change once electric cars come in production.

Think about it. All gas stations will go out of business. Electric stations will have to be built.

People cannot get rich quickly on oil and gas. Electrical fields will become a more demanding field.

I would go on and on. I am sure you can add to this.

here's a problem. if the world changes to electric cars and electric stations... that will means we need to build more nuclear power plants... which means it's not an environmentally-friendly approach. It's gonna get hotter.

nuclear fuel cell means massive cooling system. that's why submarine has several nuclear engineers to keep it humming and cool for 20+ years.

electric car that goes on for 500+ miles without recharging won't ever come into existence on practical scale for probably next 25 years until some genius made a life-changing breakthrough in chemical engineering for battery.

Hybrid Car makes sense. I wouldn't be surprised if an affordable hybrid car can go more than 800 miles per refuel by 2020.

Here in California have approx 200 days of sun, solar powered vehicles would be the best fit in here. :D

here's a problem. if the world changes to electric cars and electric stations... that will means we need to build more nuclear power plants... which means it's not an environmentally-friendly approach. It's gonna get hotter.

and probably more polluted which is sad because I would like to think goal of electric cars was to lessen negative environmental impact.

There would be about 15 models of electric vehicles by 2013 and over a million electric cars produced a year by 2015. There should be a electric version of Toyota RAV4 by next year. I dunno about the others, we'll see.

I still wonder why there are only one speed transmissions in most electric cars. Why not just put in 2 or 3 speed transmission and that might help extend the battery range. The electric motors would spin at lower speeds. They have 100% torque at zero to redline. The Nissan Leaf has 107 hp and 208 torque. The zero to 60 times is 9.9 secs, not bad for a 3,375 lb car (the battery pack alone weighs 600 lbs). The torque does help a lot.

Here in California have approx 200 days of sun, solar powered vehicles would be the best fit in here. :D

Solar powered cars are not feasible yet. The solar cells would be very large to have good power demand for average american.

Back