Deaf Police Officer

Wow, amazing...wb

Wow long time.. I remember you Susie from another forum .. was it DeafLore which closed down many years ago? Welcome back, long time no see! ;)

thats cool....I know one deaf man is a police CSI thing i think his job is a photo prof for police dept (ie dead, accident , drugs etc etc ).

Its in NY suffolk county.

YOMAN!

wow, Deaf Police Officer :thumb:

No matter either I remember you or not... All what I want to say is HERZLICH WILLKOMMEN... :thumb:

Hi Everybody !

Thanks for all the sweet wishes ! Yeah, Calvin it was Deaflore. Great to see you and my other friends from way back... It has been a very, very long time.
We've been very busy lately. Wish I had more time to visit here.
I loved so many of my friends from deaflore....
I have several jobs and the other job is working for the local daily paper. iIve been doing a lot of photography and I took this picture at a Christian Concert last night. The PRAISE dancer didn't really know sign language. But, she put a few signs into her dance. The pic came out pretty good. I wanted y'all to see it.
I've been trying to figure out how to insert the picture into my message. I clicked on insert pictures and it brought me to , 'my pictures'. At that time, I couldn't send it to the message. Pls would someone tell me how to do this . ...What's the trick ? What are trackbacks ? (url ? links ?)
Thanks and see y'all soon.
Smile . Susie :ty:

:wave:Nice to meet you. It is great that you are a policeperson, I have a curiousity question...what about law enforcement drew you into this career? I am curious because I am a deaf Registered Nurse and work in the OR and I get a lot of comments like "how can you work in the operating room when your deaf?"....blah, blah, blah. I have always been facinated with the law, so I am glad to meet you. Welcome.

Cou help?

I myself am hard of hearing and I have the ability to use a radio and phone with limited background noise. I currently work in security at a University in NY State I have always heard of a few Deaf police officers, and have a firm belief that I can accomplish that feat as well. But recently I have been stonewalled by departments when they find out I have a hearing loss. What did you do in order to convince the department to hire you? I believe I can be a great officer and a great addition to NYC, but I may need some help. Any suggestions?

Wow a deaf officer? that's just too cool. I've always want to be in law enforcement but I thought they can't hire people with hearing disability due to occupational hazard or whatever. What do you mostly do in law enforcement?? Now I'm feeling hopeful to work for one

Wow a deaf officer? that's just too cool. I've always want to be in law enforcement but I thought they can't hire people with hearing disability due to occupational hazard or whatever.
I wanted to be a police officer too, It had always been my dream. ;)

I wanted to be a police officer too, It had always been my dream. ;)

really! What do you want to do as police officer? I want to be one of those gang units, undercover, theft, or something.

Back