Gally President Protests

Fernandes sounds like new first latino president at Gally... :hyper:

By embracing all aspects of deafness, hearing loss mitigations, and communication methods, Fernandes is finally making Gallaudet University the promised land for all deaf people.

Richard

Cane Corso said:
What make you think he is trying to "stir up" deaf people's problems at Gallaudet University?

Re-read what I said. The answer is there.

Cane Corso said:
Huh? Your post does not have an answer. :ugh2:

Reading comprehension problems? It wasn't to you, or for you, so just keep on doing whatever. I disagree with your views and that's all that needs to be said.

As embraced as ASL is in the deaf culture, I'd say majority of the deaf people i've met in my lifetime do NOT have a grasp on proper ASL. I find it hypocritical that people complain that Fernandes doesn't sign well enough in asl. As long as she is fluent and can hold a full conversation in sign language, I don't see the issue. The whole "She's not deaf enough" sickens me. But whenever deaf people put down other deaf people for being "too hearing" (don't use your voice at all! don't listen to music, even if you like the rhythm! don't! don't! don't!) it sickens me. The people who oppress the most are the ones complaining the loudest about being oppressed.

dkf747 said:
Reading comprehension problems? It wasn't to you, or for you, so just keep on doing whatever. I disagree with your views and that's all that needs to be said.

Maybe? Are you here to teach me how to read? YAH I will love to be your pupil. :EEK :EEK :EEK:

It is cool with me if you disagree. You are one of those bigots. :lol:

Well, you dont respect Laurent Clerc (Deaf teacher) that give us ASL as a true language /Signed English as Bi Bi language that is revolved from native language to ASL. I understand ASL better than other artificial languages.

So what is your problem with our true language that some of you turned against it all along for a wrong/stupid reason? We Deaf people have the right to have ASL as our true language in our life. No one can destroy it or take away from us anymore. PERIOD! NO more secretive about American Sign Language.

It s proven that audism people wants to ignore/destroy our true language from the start that works well between Deaf and Hearing people as equal. After all, oral rules took over and created more artificial languages that are too much gutter languages. I m fed up with this and robbed/ruined my life and family by them.

I dont blame them to protest because many of deafies like me found out the truth and stand up for ASL 100 percent. I find ASL helps me a lot that I wish I could have it in the classroom in the past.

Deaf Pride and Deaf spirit that we feel good about ourselves for or by being deaf. Thats our tool to use our eyes (see) and hands ( speak) that some of you cannot handle it very well. ASL is a very beautiful language with facial expression, true expression, body language, and emotion tones that helps us to understand better. It fits us very well.

Thank you!
Sweetmind

Last edited:
Gally Protest couldn't get everything what they wants.....they could get what they want : Starbucks shop on the campus :mrgreen:

Now, up to them to return back to Gally or quit Gally as transfer to another college this fall. :dunno:

:dunno: I am not sure that Gally has a program for hearing student at there? If yes, then how been no protest against hearings for what they want only "deaf" students on the campus. In fact, I am not big fellower of Gally's history or anything of Gally storie expect the two students were murdered by non-american student. :zzz:

Sweetmind,

Youre very much stuck in the past.

Society has advanced and it's high time the deaf communities advances with it.

We are driving cars, we are no longer driving horse carriages. We are communicating through the internet, we are no longer using the telegraph. The new deaf generations are being raised in oral environments, they are no longer using sign language.

Things change and things are changing for the better. And of course there'd be resistance to changes and dear Sweetmind here is making herself a classic example of it.

We adapt to changes, our agency adapted to changes and our community is adapting to changes even though it is painful and comes with resistance.

Richard

Gallaudet University is the only one Deaf college that preserves ASL .. It s our rights. It is very important to us Deaf people and our Deaf History. No one can change that since there are other hearing colleges you can go to. So what is your damn problem? No more reject Deaf Human. Thanks!

You are much stuck with oral rules in the past that is not the winner anyway. I was a deaf oralist with HA. if you dont mind. I cannot stand oralism extremist 's audist attitude.

Thank you! ;)
Sweetmind

Nesmuth, are you saying that ASL is obsolete and that everyone is now required to use sound?

I am not sure that Gally has a program for hearing student at there? If yes, then how been no protest against hearings for what they want only "deaf" students on the campus. In fact, I am not big fellower of Gally's history or anything of Gally storie expect the two students were murdered by non-american student.

You are not making any sense. There is nothing we could do about student s murder. It s not the first time for the student who murdered other students.. There are some students who murdered themselves by commit suicide in other college or student get killed in college by outsider of college out there. It s not the first college that someone murdered students if you mind. So what is your point? Sighs

Of course Gally have the programs of Deaf Education / Interpreter Training for Hearing people who love ASL and to work with Deaf children or adults. I dont see any problem with that. Also they are already learned ASL before enroll Gallaudet University. No need to bring up negativity attitude from you. Sighs!

Thank you! ;)
Sweetmind

Last edited:
Sweetmind said:
You are not making any sense. There is nothing we could do about student s murder. It s not the first time for the student who murdered other students.. There are some students who murdered themselves by commit suicide in other college or student get killed in college by outsider of college out there. It s not the first college that someone murdered students if you mind. So what is your point? Sighs

Of course Gally have the programs of Deaf Education / Interpreter Training for Hearing people who love ASL and to work with Deaf children or adults. I dont see any problem with that. Also they are already learned ASL before enroll Gallaudet University. No need to bring up negativity attitude from you. Sighs!

Thank you! ;)
Sweetmind

Huh? :dunno: What you talked about? I say "I am not big fellower of Gally's history" that what I talked about is they has special program for hearing people. Yeah, I knows about the murder of colleges otherwise we knew Gally Murdered was Deaf Cultues' Headline News (Time magazine has the story) along Gally Protest on ABC Nightline and Gally Men's Football on ESPN. That what I didn't know if they got special program there?
That is good for hearing students to learn ASL...oh oh, Gally required hearing to know ASL. New Gally President can learning ASL soon or later even Gally didn't require her to know ASL as if they looked her resumes. *fake sigh* :aw:

I read your other threads and I say "Ah, that is Sweetmind's and I respects her in any conditions even she dissed me over my words or ADers". You say "No need to bring up negative attuide from you" to me? I gotta be :bowlol:

At least, we got best thing here - freedom of speech. :)

Take deep breathing, Sweetmind. ;)

Last edited:
gnulinuxman said:
Nesmuth, are you saying that ASL is obsolete and that everyone is now required to use sound?

ASL will stay as long as people are available to support it just as much as oral communication will stay as long people support it.

Richard

Nesmuth said:
ASL will stay as long as people are available to support it just as much as oral communication will stay as long people support it.

Richard
One of my hearing friends is demonstrating an interesting trend--more and more hearing people are learning ASL because they have easy access to ASL classes. I have a feeling ASL won't be going away. ASL isn't just a benefit to deaf people. It also can help hearing people communicate in libraries, behind a window (where no sound can go through but both people can see each other), across a room without yelling, and other situations where making noise is a disadvantage. It also makes describing visual stuff trivial (explaining certain things gets too hard in English but it's really easy in ASL).

So, ASL is neither just for deaf people, nor is it going away.

TrippLA said:
Fernandes sounds like new first latino president at Gally... :hyper:
I think that might be one reason she was picked--with the current trend of giving Latinos special treatment, it didn't surprise me.

Back