German girl rescued from sex offender

Liebling:-))) said:
...I don't beleive in "Revenge". I beleive God and Jesus would not like "Revenge".
You are entitled to your "beliefs" and opinions but the fact is God Himself ordered the death penalty for murderers.

Death penalty is a MURDER..., not punishment. I would consider law system as murder the same if they put criminals to death...
Here are some definitions for "murder" from dictionary.com:

The unlawful killing of one human by another, especially with premeditated malice.

To kill (another human) unlawfully.

the crime of unlawfully and unjustifiably killing another under circumstances defined by statute (as with premeditation); especially : such a crime committed purposely, knowingly, and recklessly with extreme indifference to human life or during the course of a serious felony (as robbery or rape)

to kill (a human being) unlawfully and under circumstances constituting murder

unlawful premeditated killing of a human being by a human being

Bible sources: Wilful murder was distinguished from accidental homicide, and was invariably visited with capital punishment (Num. 35:16, 18, 21, 31; Lev. 24:17). This law in its principle is founded on the fact of man's having been made in the likeness of God (Gen. 9:5, 6; John 8:44; 1 John 3:12, 15).

^Angel^ said:
Amen Liebling!

There is the possibility of putting an innocent person to death too....The danger that innocent people will be executed because of errors in the criminal justice system is getting worse...... :-/

Why not make it a law that when there is DNA evidence in a capital case, that it is MANDATORY for the DNA to be testetd to make absolutely sure? I'd think that would help reduce errors greatly.

About the death penalty itself, I would add that even if a criminal reforms, it does not absolve him of the consequences of his actions. What it DOES do is possibly affect his eternal status--and furthermore, if a criminal truly regrets what he has done, then he will accept the consequences as they are and give what it takes to atone for what he has done. If that means death, then for the truly reformed criminal (and only God knows that), then it will not mean eternal death.

Rose Immortal said:
Why not make it a law that when there is DNA evidence in a capital case, that it is MANDATORY for the DNA to be testetd to make absolutely sure? I'd think that would help reduce errors greatly.

About the death penalty itself, I would add that even if a criminal reforms, it does not absolve him of the consequences of his actions. What it DOES do is possibly affect his eternal status--and furthermore, if a criminal truly regrets what he has done, then he will accept the consequences as they are and give what it takes to atone for what he has done. If that means death, then for the truly reformed criminal (and only God knows that), then it will not mean eternal death.
:gpost:

^Angel^ said:
Amen Liebling!

There is the possibility of putting an innocent person to death too....The danger that innocent people will be executed because of errors in the criminal justice system is getting worse...... :-/

Exactly...

A lot of innocent people were put to death after believe the false witnesses, DNA etc.

Don´t you know that DNA is not 100% accurate?

Example of all.

British John Evans was put to death because they beleive policeman´s statement. Few years later after that they realized it´s him, not John who murdered and hide his wives & women behind the wall, also buried them, too etc. It´s sad that they can´t make John alive. That´s why the British law was changed and ban death penatly in 1965.

Yorkshire Ripper´s case during Margaret Thatcher time. Government thought about set a law death penalty and asked their people for the vote to support death penalty since the people protest to want Yorkshire Ripper dead. There´re many influence from Medias, polities, etc over innocent people in the past until the people give in and agreed to not support death penalty so they put him long life sentence to share with severe criminals there which we know there´re severe volience around.... He was ended to hospital many times. He is not only one but others who suffer there as him... beat up, rape, etc.

I rather to see them suffering there than just put them to death like "sleep" after suffered within few to 15 minutes because they deserve to be suffering REST of their life after what they have done to their victims!!!

Reba said:
You are entitled to your "beliefs" and opinions but the fact is God Himself ordered the death penalty for murderers.

It has nothing do with belief but fact. Do you beleive God do that? I don´t. If it´s really true that I would lost my respect on God for that... I KNOW he would NEVER do that... I do not listen what the bible says... because it´s author who wrote and translate from scriptures. I beleive in my heart that God never say that.

Is that because the autors of bible says so? :roll:

I don´t beleive the God is murder who order the people to death but autors... Its sad that the people do what the bible says... I don´t beleive God do that.

Don´t you forget that Jesus save Mary from stones to death... ;) God and Jesus do not want to punish their people to death.

Here are some definitions for "murder" from dictionary.com:

Do you want to say that it´s law for Government to have death penalty to put people to death and unlawful for killers who kill human unlawful? You see the difference on them? :eek2:

To me, they both are the same...

Put death is also murder, too... I see no excuse for that... MURDER is MURDER, period.

Exactly...

A lot of innocent people were put to death after believe the false witnesses, DNA etc.

Example of all.

British John Evans was put to death because they beleive policeman´s statement. Few years later after that they realized it´s him, not John who murdered and hide his wives & women behind the wall, also buried them, too etc. It´s sad that they can´t make John alive. That´s why the British law was changed and ban death penatly in 1965.

Er...what does DNA have to do with this one? DNA testing at this time was not in use (it wasn't even on the radar scope at the time). The error here were lousy investigations and not double checking all the evidence at the time.

As for use of death penalty, I have no problem with it as long as all the evidence id consistent and clearly points to a specific person who is the accused. If there is any doubt, just give life with no parole...simple as that. Lots of the controversy would be a moot point.

I disagree with your definition of murder. Taken to the extreme you are stating the government has no right to try any criminal for any crime. If the gov't does put somebody in jail, then the state is also a criminal for doing so. That is pretty sloppy reasoning. You will have to do better than that. Either the state has the right to make laws and punish the "evildoers" or it doesn't. Death is one of the punishments that the state has at it's disposal to use for the more heinous crimes. [Note that the state is simply reacting to a crime committed by a person...not premeditating to put someone to death] There are crimes which people do that cannot be addressed by simply putting in prison for life. Some criminal simple don't care and would do it again. Criminals (such as these) do escape from time to time and commit more crimes. In that event, the greatest good the greatest number...

Exactly...

Example of all.

Yorkshire Ripper´s case during Margaret Thatcher time. Government thought about set a law death penalty and asked their people for the vote to support death penalty since the people protest to want Yorkshire Ripper dead. There´re many influence from Medias, polities, etc over innocent people in the past until the people give in and agreed to not support death penalty so they put him long life sentence to share with severe criminals there which we know there´re severe volience around.... He was ended to hospital many times. He is not only one but others who suffer there as him... beat up, rape, etc. ...
Interesting, but the cases you cited don't mention DNA, so how are they examples of DNA not being 100% accurate?

Also, you stated that "a lot" of innocent people were put to death. Do you have the statistics to support that statement? How many is "a lot"?

Last edited:
It has nothing do with belief but fact. Do you beleive God do that? I don´t.
I can't force you to believe God. If you don't want to accept what God said in the Bible, that is your choice. But it is in the Bible, right there in black and white. That is a FACT! Just because you don't agree with God doesn't change the facts.

If it´s really true that I would lost my respect on God for that... I KNOW he would NEVER do that... I do not listen what the bible says... because it´s author who wrote and translate from scriptures. I beleive in my heart that God never say that.
I guess that would make you smarter than God, huh?

Is that because the autors of bible says so?
God is the Author of the Bible, and He says so, yes.

Don´t you forget that Jesus save Mary from stones to death....
Don't you forget that Jesus did NOT tell the people that the capital sentence against adultery was wrong; He told them that this particular judgment against this particular individual (Mary) was wrong. Also, do you remember the thieves on the crosses with Jesus? Jesus did not stop their executions but He did offer them forgiveness and eternal life. The thieves were guilty of crimes, and they suffered their earthly consequences for that. However, the thief that accepted Jesus as Lord got eternal life with Jesus.

Do you want to say that it´s law for Government to have death penalty to put people to death and unlawful for killers who kill human unlawful? You see the difference on them?
It isn't me saying that; it is in the Bible, it is in dictionaries, and it is in law books. It isn't just my personal opinion; it is published fact.

... MURDER is MURDER, period..
Yes, murder is murder; lawful executions are not murder. Read those definitions again.

It is an irritating nuisance when someone points to a passage in the Bible (which, by the way, was written by MEN, not some invisible being in the sky) to validate his/her opinion while ignoring other passages that do not dovetail with their beliefs.
It is also a "FACT" that Jesus said "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." That, to me at least, "proves" that He is against capital punishment.

Liebling,
your wrote: A lot of innocent people were put to death after believe the false witnesses, DNA etc.

Sound alike "Eye for an Eye" all their wishes that person must go DEAD (which innocent person as wrongful person..) If that innocent person already dead.. and found that person who is really extremelly accurate... why first place kill that wrong person? Why can't they use "DNA" first before accurate does too far.. ? Does Germany have system improving better places "DNA" to find match accurate the person.. before put wrong person into the death!

I felt that people are "eye for an eye" part of murder too.. No Difference...

I do not believe "eletro chair", "lethal" , and other kinds who put in the death row prision.. which it's wrong! Oh well.. ain't my system ... their system...

I understand that prision beds are almost going full rooms but why can't the build proprite beds rooms more.? Or other way, Mircochips inside the body and will find you easy track down where r u went to...
That what, I've heard about condiser the future.. Implant mircochips into the body..

Espically I bet you already knew about Martha Stewart, who wore the tracking bracklet on her leg... which she cannot escape nowhere to hide.. They can find you easily... ain't fun!

GalaxyAngel said:
Liebling,

Sound alike "Eye for an Eye" all their wishes that person must go DEAD (which innocent person as wrongful person..) If that innocent person already dead.. and found that person who is really extremelly accurate... why first place kill that wrong person? Why can't they use "DNA" first before accurate does too far.. ? Does Germany have system improving better places "DNA" to find match accurate the person.. before put wrong person into the death!

I felt that people are "eye for an eye" part of murder too.. No Difference...

I do not believe "eletro chair", "lethal" , and other kinds who put in the death row prision.. which it's wrong! Oh well.. ain't my system ... their system...

I understand that prision beds are almost going full rooms but why can't the build proprite beds rooms more.? Or other way, Mircochips inside the body and will find you easy track down where r u went to...
That what, I've heard about condiser the future.. Implant mircochips into the body..

Espically I bet you already knew about Martha Stewart, who wore the tracking bracklet on her leg... which she cannot escape nowhere to hide.. They can find you easily... ain't fun!

Beowulf said:
It is an irritating nuisance when someone points to a passage in the Bible...
No more "irritating" than reading passages posted from conspiracy-centered websites. :D

...(which, by the way, was written by MEN, not some invisible being in the sky) ...
You are entitled to your opinion.

...to validate his/her opinion while ignoring other passages that do not dovetail with their beliefs...
What passages have I ignored that don't "dovetail"?

It is also a "FACT" that Jesus said "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." That, to me at least, "proves" that He is against capital punishment.
I did explain that passage. It has nothing to do with "proving" that Jesus is against capital punishment. In that passage did Jesus say that He was against all capital punishment? Or, did He say that He was against that group of men judging and executing that particular woman? Did Jesus say that no one judge anyone? Or, did He say that the judges first needed to make sure that they were themselves blameless before judging another person for the same sin? Check it out.

Reba said:
No more "irritating" than reading passages posted from conspiracy-centered websites. :D

You are entitled to your opinion.

What passages have I ignored that don't "dovetail"?

I did explain that passage. It has nothing to do with "proving" that Jesus is against capital punishment. In that passage did Jesus say that He was against all capital punishment? Or, did He say that He was against that group of men judging and executing that particular woman? Did Jesus say that no one judge anyone? Or, did He say that the judges first needed to make sure that they were themselves blameless before judging another person for the same sin? Check it out.
*scoffs*
It is still just OPINION.
Check that word out in the dictionary.

GalaxyAngel said:
Liebling,

Having a chip or a tracking bracket doesn't stop one from committing another crime. All it does (if it works correctly) is allow the authorities to establish whereabouts at the time of the crime. These could only be used for what we call non-violent criminals. Only the stupid wouldn't mind violent criminals on these things. Better yet (extremely sarcastic), we shouldn't have any ability to protect ourselves (gun control) as somebody might get hurt. We should just call the police. Yea, that is going over real well when the police are busy and in the meanwhile the criminal has a heyday (like say murders the entire family). Fools live in a fool's parasdise.

Building more prisons doesn't do it either. The US has one of the largest prison populations in the world and we still don't have enough. Plus the way they are run here, it just breeds more hardened criminals than when first went in. Why is that? Simple, man is a social creature and allowing them to mix with the worst ones often leads to worst criminals then when they first went in. I feel the best solution is to make jails all with solitary confinement (no TV...allow books - Hey they did a crime and they must do their time). Imagine how many of these idiot criminals would straighten up! Right now for some of them, it's a poor man's version of Club Med.

sr171soars said:
Having a chip or a tracking bracket doesn't stop one from committing another crime. All it does (if it works correctly) is allow the authorities to establish whereabouts at the time of the crime. These could only be used for what we call non-violent criminals. Only the stupid wouldn't mind violent criminals on these things. Better yet (extremely sarcastic), we shouldn't have any ability to protect ourselves (gun control) as somebody might get hurt. We should just call the police. Yea, that is going over real well when the police are busy and in the meanwhile the criminal has a heyday (like say murders the entire family). Fools live in a fool's parasdise.

Building more prisons doesn't do it either. The US has one of the largest prison populations in the world and we still don't have enough. Plus the way they are run here, it just breeds more hardened criminals than when first went in. Why is that? Simple, man is a social creature and allowing them to mix with the worst ones often leads to worst criminals then when they first went in. I feel the best solution is to make jails all with solitary confinement (no TV...allow books - Hey they did a crime and they must do their time). Imagine how many of these idiot criminals would straighten up! Right now for some of them, it's a poor man's version of Club Med.

One more note: Our prison systems seem to provide our country with the most fit and buff ex-cons anywhere--most of them look like they could compete in Mr. Universe body-building championships. So they get more criminal training, criminal networking, access to the best law libraries, AND great physiques from their time up the river. Lovely.

It is really confusing to me when some Christians say they are for capital punishments while some Christians say they are against the capital punishments. Oh boyee.

ButterflyGirl said:
It is really confusing to me when some Christians say they are for capital punishments while some Christians say they are against the capital punishments. Oh boyee.
Awww, don't be confused. Everyone has opinions. Even Christians, lol.

ButterflyGirl said:
Here's some possible reasons:

1. Some people say that they are Christians but they really have never had a personal born-again experience with Jesus Christ. Some people think that they are Christians just because their parents were Christians, or because they were baptised, or because they are not Jewish or Muslim or Hindu, etc.

2. Misinterpretation of Scriptures, or using Scriptures out of context.

3. Depending on personal feelings and emotions instead of depending on the Word of God.

4. Christians are still humans, and they are still prone to human emotions and opinions, and can be influenced by their surrounding societies.

Don't forget; when Christians do support capital punishment for criminals it doesn't mean that they enjoy it or rub their hands with glee every time Ol' Sparky is charged up. Executions are solemn events and not a cause for celebration. It is not something we take lightly.

Back