German girl rescued from sex offender

Reba said:
Here's some possible reasons:

1. Some people say that they are Christians but they really have never had a personal born-again experience with Jesus Christ. Some people think that they are Christians just because their parents were Christians, or because they were baptised, or because they are not Jewish or Muslim or Hindu, etc.

hmmm...So you're saying that some Christians do not support capital punishments are not really Christians?...

Wow, I'm being judged :eek2:

^Angel^ said:
hmmm...So you're saying that some Christians do not support capital punishments are not really Christians?...

Yes I was surprised to see her to say that.

sr171soars said:
Having a chip or a tracking bracket doesn't stop one from committing another crime. All it does (if it works correctly) is allow the authorities to establish whereabouts at the time of the crime. These could only be used for what we call non-violent criminals. Only the stupid wouldn't mind violent criminals on these things. Better yet (extremely sarcastic), we shouldn't have any ability to protect ourselves (gun control) as somebody might get hurt. We should just call the police. Yea, that is going over real well when the police are busy and in the meanwhile the criminal has a heyday (like say murders the entire family). Fools live in a fool's parasdise.

Building more prisons doesn't do it either. The US has one of the largest prison populations in the world and we still don't have enough. Plus the way they are run here, it just breeds more hardened criminals than when first went in. Why is that? Simple, man is a social creature and allowing them to mix with the worst ones often leads to worst criminals then when they first went in. I feel the best solution is to make jails all with solitary confinement (no TV...allow books - Hey they did a crime and they must do their time). Imagine how many of these idiot criminals would straighten up! Right now for some of them, it's a poor man's version of Club Med.

Vice Versa, solved your problem..
Okay.. I want rid you now.. Good bye.. go electro chair.. then thrown out of dead body.. Ready for imitate arrives empty bed...
Sound alike Random!

What more US have lot prision every where... Why can't they build new ones ? More stricter NO TV NO RADIO OR ELSE.. NAME IT.. They'll turn it out suffer more.. smaller cell room.. Wake up their smell coffee lately? Why They enjoyed staying jail which it's free rent free everything enjoy chi-chat other imitate... Why they provide them everything have t.v. , radio, newspaper, and much more.. who pay??? IT'S GOV'T.. wasting $$$ expense,.... Ridcouisly.. Why can't they ?

Common sense...
You wrote:
Having a chip or a tracking bracket doesn't stop one from committing another crime.

Yes, Can stop! What more... tracking you doesn't lie.. Probation or office will be find you easy why r u go .. etc etc.. If you break the law again, send back to jail again more stricter.. There will avoid that.. solved easier.
Your concern.. Ex-Criminal is freed and can murder them again.. Yes I do understand.. but otherwise.. Im not about person who murder..
I'd rather Murder crime must stay jail forever and have no fun "Dead bored isloation". Other thing.. likely Steal car, Break enter, rape and others.. use mircochip id in their body.. They will find you where r u went kept the record all the time... Person say blah blah blah.. Officer will take you back jail which r u talking lie lie... That too bad! You asked for it..

That what I'm looking for improve the system.. I wish but their system is uglier... Isn't my type anyway.. I understand your POV.. r u the most welcomed share my pov vs your pov... I still enjoy discussion w/you..
:ty: for your time.

GalaxyAngel said:

Yes, Can stop! What more... tracking you doesn't lie.. Probation or office will be find you easy why r u go .. etc etc.. If you break the law again, send back to jail again more stricter.. There will avoid that.. solved easier.
Your concern.. Ex-Criminal is freed and can murder them again.. Yes I do understand.. but otherwise.. Im not about person who murder..
I'd rather Murder crime must stay jail forever and have no fun "Dead bored isloation". Other thing.. likely Steal car, Break enter, rape and others.. use mircochip id in their body.. They will find you where r u went kept the record all the time... Person say blah blah blah.. Officer will take you back jail which r u talking lie lie... That too bad! You asked for it..

That what I'm looking for improve the system.. I wish but their system is uglier... Isn't my type anyway.. I understand your POV.. r u the most welcomed share my pov vs your pov... I still enjoy discussion w/you..
:ty: for your time.

Er...we will disagree on the need for capital punishment...that is fine as it is not something to get worked over about.

Now, I'm interested why you say that have electronic trackers would stop crime? I agree with you (assuming they work properly) that they can show where the person was and that might be a deterrent to some people and I would surmise this would be those who have something to lose (I wouldn't include the hardcore criminal as he been there and done that).

Now, for the Joe Diehards of the world, all they see is that they are free (at least the illusion anyway) for the moment. If he even thinks (most criminals are not too bright) he could get away with doing a criminal act, he will do it! Remember most crimes are crimes of opportunities. This is even with a tracker on him. Now, just having a tracker on you at the time and in the vicinity doesn't prove he did it and I can see the lawyers have a heyday with that. You need other collaborating evidence and that is not always easy to come by.

As far as the prison system goes, we agree that the system is broke and needs an overhaul to make it as boring and "dry as paint peeling of the walls" as possible for being there. That is why I love solitary confinement with no TV. Very, very few people can handle being isolated for long periods of time. That gets their attention and provides a definite deterrent for most criminals. The only downside is that you have to build so many new prisons designed with this in mind before the prison population would decrease over time to recoop your costs.

^Angel^ said:

Did you see the word some? "Some" means "some"; it doesn't mean "most", and it doesn't mean "all". That is not judgmental. No one is judging you. Good grief!

ButterflyGirl said:
Yes I was surprised to see her to say that.
Please read my response again.

I posted some possible reasons that Christians have different outlooks on capital punishment. Do you understand?

I also said that reason #1 applied to some people. SOME, not "all".

I also did NOT apply any of those reasons to any individuals. I don't know why people want to take offense when none is given.

I give up.

sr171soars said:
...Now, I'm interested why you say that have electronic trackers would stop crime? I agree with you (assuming they work properly) that they can show where the person was and that might be a deterrent to some people and I would surmise this would be those who have something to lose (I wouldn't include the hardcore criminal as he been there and done that).

Now, for the Joe Diehards of the world, all they see is that they are free (at least the illusion anyway) for the moment. If he even thinks (most criminals are not too bright) he could get away with doing a criminal act, he will do it! Remember most crimes are crimes of opportunities. This is even with a tracker on him. Now, just having a tracker on you at the time and in the vicinity doesn't prove he did it and I can see the lawyers have a heyday with that. You need other collaborating evidence and that is not always easy to come by.

As far as the prison system goes, we agree that the system is broke and needs an overhaul to make it as boring and "dry as paint peeling of the walls" as possible for being there. That is why I love solitary confinement with no TV. Very, very few people can handle being isolated for long periods of time. That gets their attention and provides a definite deterrent for most criminals. The only downside is that you have to build so many new prisons designed with this in mind before the prison population would decrease over time to recoop your costs.
You are too logical. ;)

sr171soars said:
Er...what does DNA have to do with this one? DNA testing at this time was not in use (it wasn't even on the radar scope at the time). The error here were lousy investigations and not double checking all the evidence at the time.

Like what I said before that it´s rare to have DNA error... no matter what...

I disagree with your definition of murder. Taken to the extreme you are stating the government has no right to try any criminal for any crime. If the gov't does put somebody in jail, then the state is also a criminal for doing so. That is pretty sloppy reasoning. You will have to do better than that. Either the state has the right to make laws and punish the "evildoers" or it doesn't. Death is one of the punishments that the state has at it's disposal to use for the more heinous crimes. [Note that the state is simply reacting to a crime committed by a person...not premeditating to put someone to death] There are crimes which people do that cannot be addressed by simply putting in prison for life. Some criminal simple don't care and would do it again. Criminals (such as these) do escape from time to time and commit more crimes. In that event, the greatest good the greatest number...

I also disagree with your opinion...

I do not consider Death is the punishment but murder and revenge...

I rather to see crimes share with volience, rapist, etc in prison then they will suffer rest of life there... Death penatly was like "put sleep" to save suffer... like what the vet put animal sleep...

Reba said:
Did you see the word some? "Some" means "some"; it doesn't mean "most", and it doesn't mean "all". That is not judgmental. No one is judging you. Good grief!

I just asked a simple question, and you gave me an answer, that's all I need to know....Thanks!

he is likely to be killed in prison... if he does hurt anyone in prison but really I'm happy that the girl left clues or god knows what wud had happened to her. so I hope he stays in prison for life or death row.

Back