ZVRS want waiver??!?!

qwerty123

Reaction score
CSDVRS, LLC (d/b/a ZVRS, “CSDVRS”) hereby respectfully requests a
temporary waiver of the Federal Communications Commission’s (“Commission”) new rule prohibiting Video Relay Service ("VRS") interpreting from home, which goes into effect on August 30, 2011.
:wtflol:

No dice!

FCC will deny it. me bet that, anyone?

http://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/ecfs/document/view?id=7021702322

sorry, vrsengineer

ZVRS terps have been practically interpreting from home? I never knew that.

That's new information to me.

That gonna be on my twitter! :D

Well, if they don't have backup power if there is outage, that would be terrible.

Well, my neighbor works for an insurance company. She works at home by using her computer online for business. She does that all the time at home. She works at the insurance company every Monday and Wednesday. She is not the only one.

Well, my neighbor works for an insurance company. She works at home by using her computer online for business. She does that all the time at home. She works at the insurance company every Monday and Wednesday. She is not the only one.

well it base do with 911 purpose... Also two agent on call each center. Same idea story happen to FAA that one guy fell slept in tower watch. As Pilot try hold of that person and no response. Several plane has wait to land before it clearance for another plane to land.

Insurance is completely or entire different because it doesn't do incoming call for relay with both client. She just access database and for quote price that it. Insurance doesn't call 911 for us.

find that lame and it building responsible and VRS duty ensure that include security service in building where they lease the office.
CSDVRS takes as many precautions as it can as it relates to the safety of the VIs in center parking lots and on the roadways.

find that interesting benefit for VI
SVCC allows employees to provide VRS interpreting services in rural areas where it is not feasible to open a call center, fostering a sense of community and increasing the available pool of employees.9 Ninety percent of SVCC interpreters do not reside near a call center, making it difficult for them to work in one, without relocating to a larger metropolitan area

The letter wavier request is asking for FCC's heart to okay with it? I dunno about that because there are one benefit about SVCC but the rest lines aren't reason-able...

that's nothing new...SorensonVRS has been using interpreters from Ontario, Canada. One of my friend who was an interpreter showed up on VP-200 of a friend of mine. I was suprised cuz I know her in Burlington, ON. I was like WTF ? You working for Sorenson where in USA? She said no she's interpreting at her home putting in hours and Sorenson pays her. She take calls from US callers only not for Canadians. It's weird. It's like Sorenson is stealing our interpreters. We are short on interpreters in Ontario and there they are busy working for Sorenson when they should be out there interpreting for us in Ontario. Tsk tsk.

The difference between "working" from home and "interpreting" is simple, privacy. Also it adds tot he company bottom line as they do not need to lease space. Make no mistake it is all about the money. Occupy them like wall street, enough with corporate greed!!!!!

Back