Z Box and 1Number from Z

deafmattias

Reaction score
I saw this. I thought, "Purple already have this." (I prefer ZVRS because better certification interpreter there)

But ZVRS 1Number better! It ring all phones at same time. That nice why because purple ring 1 phone at a time. If i give phone nbr to hearing person they will get tired and hang ups.

Z Box will use flasher in my house for door as flasher for my Z-20 too. That champ. I cant wait. I wish I have VP-200 why because if i port to Z i get free Z Box. But I will pay $32. Not bad.

be forewarned on porting sorenson phone number to any vrs and you will lose your vp200 contacts list!!! fyi if they tries to pressure you to port the number then it's against fcc vrs rule only you ask for that ,got it? so be careful and not get suckered in by offer of free stuff if u port number to zvrs i read fcc vrs rule it prohibits financial incentive if change to their vrs and also accepting their equippent doesnt mean you must stay with their vrs instead of your current vrs just go to google fcc vrs rules and see for yourself in section "what should consumers know" zvrs did screwed my 2 friends and they lost their vp200 ablity

be forewarned on porting sorenson phone number to any vrs and you will lose your vp200 contacts list!!! fyi if they tries to pressure you to port the number then it's against fcc vrs rule only you ask for that ,got it? so be careful and not get suckered in by offer of free stuff if u port number to zvrs i read fcc vrs rule it prohibits financial incentive if change to their vrs and also accepting their equippent doesnt mean you must stay with their vrs instead of your current vrs just go to google fcc vrs rules and see for yourself in section "what should consumers know" zvrs did screwed my 2 friends and they lost their vp200 ablity

O.o Wow.. I have Sorenson VP200. thanks for warning.

This is not true. Their VP200 stopped functioning because Sorenson punish them for leaving. They cut it off.

With The Z you have all your contact online. It automatic show up on Z Phone. It is always YOURS. Just copy the contacts to Z contacts. Simple.

ABT the FCC Rule you wrong again. You cannot give customer payment for porting, but you can discount product. The facts is it up to YOU. You have right to options. The Z give most option and product in industry.

This is not true. Their VP200 stopped functioning because Sorenson punish them for leaving. They cut it off.

With The Z you have all your contact online. It automatic show up on Z Phone. It is always YOURS. Just copy the contacts to Z contacts. Simple.

ABT the FCC Rule you wrong again. You cannot give customer payment for porting, but you can discount product. The facts is it up to YOU. You have right to options. The Z give most option and product in industry.

Wow. You are terribly misinformed. Sorenson does not cut off people's VP as a punishment. The only way their VP-200 will be cut off is if the user ports their number to another device. Same concept as if you have a cell phone, and get a new one, you would move your phone number to the new phone, your old cell phone will no longer work.

Wow. You are terribly misinformed. Sorenson does not cut off people's VP as a punishment. The only way their VP-200 will be cut off is if the user ports their number to another device. Same concept as if you have a cell phone, and get a new one, you would move your phone number to the new phone, your old cell phone will no longer work.

Does a cell phone carrier block you from seeing your contacts on a phone that no longer works? NO

Does a cell phone carrier block you from seeing your contacts on a phone that no longer works? NO

What.. don't you remember in back time that Tmobile sells the Sidekick in back time. If you don't pay on time, they reset your sidekick which include the contacts list went GONE!

For your information...
I met ZVRS at booth. I find those are dumbfound...
the 1Number is bit trick... They told me that doesn't require to register as just leave that those... I explain if I want to use a call to VRS I must have access to register for that and each device. Even they explain the P3, it will rang without need register. I asked, without log in. They say YEP!:shock:

I find that so dumb and need register each device and so on... too much trouble because it just one pretty 1Number... I pass... I know there will standard more devices for one number instead register each device.

ZVRS sales rep, not at headquarter, are DUMB and STUPIDLY. Yes I am rude about them because they don't understand how VRS industry and NeuStar works.

oh ... ZVRS does charge me 49.99 dollar if I want set new number because the port stuff is too much trouble to handle... pass..

For your information...
I met ZVRS at booth. I find those are dumbfound...
the 1Number is bit trick... They told me that doesn't require to register as just leave that those... I explain if I want to use a call to VRS I must have access to register for that and each device. Even they explain the P3, it will rang without need register. I asked, without log in. They say YEP!:shock:

I find that so dumb and need register each device and so on... too much trouble because it just one pretty 1Number... I pass... I know there will standard more devices for one number instead register each device.

ZVRS sales rep, not at headquarter, are DUMB and STUPIDLY. Yes I am rude about them because they don't understand how VRS industry and NeuStar works.

ZVRS engineers, at headquarters, are definitely not dumb or stupid. Speaking as the guy who wrote our Neustar iTRS backend, I can assure you of that.

I don't know what you mean by "register that device".

1Number can only be activated for a Z phone, with a Z assigned phone number. As ZVRS is the primary VRS provider for that Z phone, it is responsible for updating the iTRS entry for that Z phone. As ZVRS assigns a ZConnect IP address from their cloud for each Z phone, this ZConnect IP address is the H.323 address that is published into the Neustar iTRS database.

The way Neustar's iTRS database works is that the NPAC database's ALT-SPID entry for a given phone number needs to be set to the correct ALT-SPID of the VRS provider in question. If the ALT-SPID column is left empty, the first VRS provider to provision the iTRS database entry effectively "owns" it until someone else sets the ALT-SPID to something else to take that ownership away.

When a 10 digit local number is ported, the VRS provider that ported the number away gets their carrier to set their ALT-SPID in the NPAC database for the phone number. This transfers "ownership" of the iTRS database record to the new provider, who can then update it to point at the H.323 IP address of their device.

There are a number of corner cases which cause customers headaches.

Sometimes the old provider doesn't "forget" a phone number when it is ported away. This breaks the old provider's phones from being able to call the videophone by phone number on the new provider as registered in the iTRS database.

Tollfree numbers don't have NPAC database entries. There is no way to specify an ALT-SPID for a tollfree number. You don't "port" a tollfree number. You transfer the responsible organization (respOrg). The only way to transfer ownership is to have the old VRS provider delete that tollfree number from iTRS so that the new VRS provider can update it for their customer.

Sometimes VRS providers return numbers back to their carrier but forget to empty out the ALT-SPID, and sometimes other VRS providers are re-allocated those numbers but are unable to change them in iTRS as they down "own" them. The fix to this is to have the new VRS provider change the ALT-SPID to their own in the NPAC database, and Neustar will transfer the iTRS database entry ownership of that profile to them.

As for 1Number. I'm kinda the guy who designed that as well...

Presently, the 1Number feature can only be enabled on a Z phone number for a Z video phone.

Nothing in iTRS changes. For 1Number. You just need a Z phone to act as the "primary".

When someone calls that "primary" number, the call is "forked" on the ZVRS calling platform to allow it to simultaneously ring up to 4 videophones at the same time, including one additional ZBox to act as a house flasher (for a potential total of 5 things simultaneously ringing). Of those 4 videophones, one of those can be a 10 digit iTRS phone number.

So I'm still confused here as to what you are claiming about the P3. So long as Purple populates the iTRS database for that phone number with the IP address of their Vidsoft.de H.323 gateway, any VRS provider should be able to call that P3 phone number

Please contact ZVRS customer support if you have further questions. Escalate if you get someone who cannot answer the question. If you escalate enough, you might eventually make it to engineering, and me. I assure you, your question will be answered.

that is true I heard many bad spammer complaint report! i knew

ZVRS engineers, at headquarters, are definitely not dumb or stupid. Speaking as the guy who wrote our Neustar iTRS backend, I can assure you of that.

I don't know what you mean by "register that device".

1Number can only be activated for a Z phone, with a Z assigned phone number. As ZVRS is the primary VRS provider for that Z phone, it is responsible for updating the iTRS entry for that Z phone. As ZVRS assigns a ZConnect IP address from their cloud for each Z phone, this ZConnect IP address is the H.323 address that is published into the Neustar iTRS database.

The way Neustar's iTRS database works is that the NPAC database's ALT-SPID entry for a given phone number needs to be set to the correct ALT-SPID of the VRS provider in question. If the ALT-SPID column is left empty, the first VRS provider to provision the iTRS database entry effectively "owns" it until someone else sets the ALT-SPID to something else to take that ownership away.

When a 10 digit local number is ported, the VRS provider that ported the number away gets their carrier to set their ALT-SPID in the NPAC database for the phone number. This transfers "ownership" of the iTRS database record to the new provider, who can then update it to point at the H.323 IP address of their device.

There are a number of corner cases which cause customers headaches.

Sometimes the old provider doesn't "forget" a phone number when it is ported away. This breaks the old provider's phones from being able to call the videophone by phone number on the new provider as registered in the iTRS database.

Tollfree numbers don't have NPAC database entries. There is no way to specify an ALT-SPID for a tollfree number. You don't "port" a tollfree number. You transfer the responsible organization (respOrg). The only way to transfer ownership is to have the old VRS provider delete that tollfree number from iTRS so that the new VRS provider can update it for their customer.

Sometimes VRS providers return numbers back to their carrier but forget to empty out the ALT-SPID, and sometimes other VRS providers are re-allocated those numbers but are unable to change them in iTRS as they down "own" them. The fix to this is to have the new VRS provider change the ALT-SPID to their own in the NPAC database, and Neustar will transfer the iTRS database entry ownership of that profile to them.

As for 1Number. I'm kinda the guy who designed that as well...

Presently, the 1Number feature can only be enabled on a Z phone number for a Z video phone.

Nothing in iTRS changes. For 1Number. You just need a Z phone to act as the "primary".

When someone calls that "primary" number, the call is "forked" on the ZVRS calling platform to allow it to simultaneously ring up to 4 videophones at the same time, including one additional ZBox to act as a house flasher (for a potential total of 5 things simultaneously ringing). Of those 4 videophones, one of those can be a 10 digit iTRS phone number.

So I'm still confused here as to what you are claiming about the P3. So long as Purple populates the iTRS database for that phone number with the IP address of their Vidsoft.de H.323 gateway, any VRS provider should be able to call that P3 phone number

Please contact ZVRS customer support if you have further questions. Escalate if you get someone who cannot answer the question. If you escalate enough, you might eventually make it to engineering, and me. I assure you, your question will be answered.

Your explaining is much better for what I understand you explained.

Here the confusing about the P3. They say, it doesn't require to log in.. Just as leave as the splash log appear without log in, it require to get P3 or any software to run with iTRS if log in, right? The sale says it doesn't need log in. So whatever those people use software via with VRS provider that need register because of 10 digit number.

So I understand you are saying that One Number that you design as a team design that... I understand its Zphone or whatever the product that ZVRS providing. I understand it will rang all those but to use one of those device or software to outbound, it still need register, right?

yep it does. when i had to closed my account from tmobile.. then BAM all contacts are GONE. Sorenson do not punish you for lost features but same as cell phone service, for example, Verizon has NFL that able to watch "live streaming on their phone" so if you want to switch to spring then YOU lost feature with NFL because Sprint doesn't have like that so.. hopefully you would understand because its normal for business to doing this.

Oh yeah, I heard alot of ZVRS installer just being fraud, that is so SAD because one of my friend inform me that he will not able to use VP for a while because one of his friend need money so my friend decided to order z product for porting to ZVRS from Sorenson. And Guess what, ZVRS installer told him, just use Z product till installer got paid then my friend can have VP back... mmmm something's wrong with this picture.

oh wow u are misinformed sorenson doesnt punish u for using other vrs it just porting the number to other vrs such as zvrs and the contact list will be lost as its removed from server so... the number will go straight to zvrs devices instead of sorenson vp-200!!

Here the confusing about the P3. They say, it doesn't require to log in.. Just as leave as the splash log appear without log in, it require to get P3 or any software to run with iTRS if log in, right? The sale says it doesn't need log in. So whatever those people use software via with VRS provider that need register because of 10 digit number.

So I understand you are saying that One Number that you design as a team design that... I understand its Zphone or whatever the product that ZVRS providing. I understand it will rang all those but to use one of those device or software to outbound, it still need register, right?

This sounds like a miscommunication of some sort.

The P3 would need to be "logged in" to ring.

If the P3 is offline, it would still have an IP address in the iTRS database to the Purple P3 gateway so that you can get P2P videomail.

The fact that the P3 rolls to videomail effectively stops 1Number from working correctly: as soon as the P3 videomail server answers the call, your other phones will stop ringing.

Ideally, for 1Number to work correctly, you want ZVRS videomail, which requires disabling videomail on your non-Z phone (so that your non-Z phone's videomail system does not answer the call and stop the ringing).

This is why only the VP200 is officially supported by ZVRS at this time.

If someone said otherwise, they are very confused. Do you happen to remember who you walked with? Please call back and escalate this if you are so mis-informed again. Keep escalating until you get to someone with an appropriate understanding, and keep a log of whom you talked to so we can talk to those individuals.

oh wow u are misinformed sorenson doesnt punish u for using other vrs it just porting the number to other vrs such as zvrs and the contact list will be lost as its removed from server so... the number will go straight to zvrs devices instead of sorenson vp-200!!

The server that your contacts are removed from are run by Sorenson.

I assure you, there is no technical reason why Sorenson could not retain the contact list on your VP200 after the number is ported away from Sorenson.

This is a business decision that Sorenson has made.

ZVRS, on the other hand, does NOT remove your My Contacts from your online web profile on ZVRS. If you port a phone number away from ZVRS, your My Contacts are still available in your profile.

Oh yeah, I heard alot of ZVRS installer just being fraud, that is so SAD because one of my friend inform me that he will not able to use VP for a while because one of his friend need money so my friend decided to order z product for porting to ZVRS from Sorenson. And Guess what, ZVRS installer told him, just use Z product till installer got paid then my friend can have VP back... mmmm something's wrong with this picture.

Was this behavior reported to ZVRS Customer Service? We do take such reports seriously. They are follwed up on, and we do enforce a code of conduct.

If we are not advised of these occurrences, we can't address them.

If your cell service was cut off on your cell phone, can you access your gmail's address book. NO you can't. Same concept applies.

Was this behavior reported to ZVRS Customer Service? We do take such reports seriously. They are follwed up on, and we do enforce a code of conduct.

If we are not advised of these occurrences, we can't address them.

Let me give you a good example. I had a friend of mine who wants to try out the "free Z-20". My friend called zvrs and said they wanted to get the free phone. He was explained that he needs to port his Sorenson number to get the phone for $200, and after 6 months or 1 year, he will get a rebate check for $200 from zvrs. My friend said he would rather port his snapvrs or purple number because he doesn't use it at all, and the sales person says "can't do that, has to be a Sorenson number" Why is that? That definitely is wrong! Who do we report that to at ZVRS?

I heard that Zvrs fooled some Sorenson users by telling them, "just port your number to Z and get another number from Sorenson" but it doesn't work that way. Porting means you're changing VRS providers.

Back