YouTube in Sig?

Josh B

Reaction score
Can I use a YiouTube in my sig? :hmm:

Why would you want to put a YouTube video in your signature? That defeats the purpose of signatures. Signatures are intended to be small and simple... not include a video.

It's like using those over-sized pictures in signatures. :(

What about shrinking it to a smaller size where it can meet the sigature requirements?

Can't, native youtube is 400ish by 340ish, there's no HTML code allowed in signatures so you can't even resize it through BB code. Without HTML that's like taking the wheels away to the car.
Though.. possibly through PHP but I've never looked into it.

How about we test some in here, hmm? :hmm:

Too much work.
Joker: "If you're good at something never do it for free."
lolkl7.gif

Not too much work. I've designed my own video signatures, it looks pretty cool.

AllDeaf forum should accept this kind of signatures:
toyoshimateargr0.gif

post-10-1113741019.gif

riptupac4ms.gif

20501114648.gif

bf2308c3.gif

ratedr2ml4.gif

It is not hard to make a video sig, here's tutorial - only if you have a photoshop.

It's limited though by that method, you can only do up to 256 colors on a gif sequence. There's also the problem of the filesize, a clip can be pre-cached prior to downloading but a gif image of a movie of that could mess up those people still on 56k or slow internet speeds, and the full quality wouldn't be shown..
But I do agree in a way, you will be able to get what you want in a sig at least.

It's limited though by that method, you can only do up to 256 colors on a gif sequence. There's also the problem of the filesize, a clip can be pre-cached prior to downloading but a gif image of a movie of that could mess up those people still on 56k or slow internet speeds.

Only best way to use the animated signature in good resolution animation video by using FLASH program, not photoshop.

Only best way to use the animated signature in good resolution animation video by using FLASH program, not photoshop.

Agreed. There is also a special version of virtualdub that you can use, ver 1.7.1 (only I believe) it has an option of a gif decoder which will allow you to save however much you want of an video file to .gif format. Only problem again is the filesize can get very large depending on the size of the picture (very undesirable effect on forums), and quality.

Again, to do a picture sig outside of .swf or .fla you have to sacrifice some form of quality for general output.

Agreed. There is also a special version of virtualdub that you can use, ver 1.7.1 (only I believe) it has an option of a gif decoder which will allow you to save however much you want of an video file to .gif format. Only problem again is the filesize can get very large depending on the size of the picture (very undesirable effect on forums), and quality.

Again, to do a picture sig outside of .swf or .fla you have to sacrifice some form of quality for general output.

Yep. I made a 10 minutes long video signature for my friend (she pay me $25 for that) and luckily I found a site that able to save a picture up to 5GB. :lol:

Yep. I made a 10 minutes long video signature for my friend (she pay me $25 for that) and luckily I found a site that able to save a picture up to 5GB. :lol:

Wow 10mins sig!! That's crazy!

Is it free site!?
We can go converting our movies to .gif and save to that site, then reconvert back to .avi *joker laughing like crazy*

Not too much work. I've designed my own video signatures, it looks pretty cool.

AllDeaf forum should accept this kind of signatures:
toyoshimateargr0.gif

post-10-1113741019.gif

riptupac4ms.gif

20501114648.gif

bf2308c3.gif

ratedr2ml4.gif

It is not hard to make a video sig, here's tutorial - only if you have a photoshop.

nice sigs. I have photoshop CS4 and I want tutorial.

never mind my Photoshop CS4 just expired recent :mad2:

Last edited:
Back