Youtube Captioning?

Em903

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey guys :) Some of you know I do the occasional transcript and even did one episode of last season's The Amazing Race. I like doing it and would especially like to do it for YouTube videos however I have no bloody idea HOW they get that text on there and to run across the screen.

So... anyone know how that could explain it to me? If I do infact find out how it's done I can then take requests for videos. :D

:ty:

Hey guys :) Some of you know I do the occasional transcript and even did one episode of last season's The Amazing Race. I like doing it and would especially like to do it for YouTube videos however I have no bloody idea HOW they get that text on there and to run across the screen.

So... anyone know how that could explain it to me? If I do infact find out how it's done I can then take requests for videos. :D

:ty:

This exists....CaptVids.com- Providing captioned video content for the deaf and hard of hearing. Their job is to make many youtube videos captioned much as possible. You can request them and they will add captions for you in around 24 hours or so. :) It's free of charge, of course.

I'm not looking for someone to do the work, I want to know how to do it myself lol. I'll check out the link though, :ty:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSinxoFppCI]YouTube - How to caption your YouTube videos[/ame]

:ty: Bottesini!!! You always find the answers! Trying to find a video on Youtube that will show me how to get videos from there onto my computer to CC them... they have some sites listed but hmm they look a little worrisome... I don't want a virus lol!

:ty: Bottesini!!! You always find the answers! Trying to find a video on Youtube that will show me how to get videos from there onto my computer to CC them... they have some sites listed but hmm they look a little worrisome... I don't want a virus lol!

You are welcome. My title now in Irish says "Deaf and half blind", it used to say "officious" to describe my habit of helping people whether they want me to or not.

Lucky you were wanting help! :P

Maybe this weekend I'll have more time to work on videos. If anyone has a video they'd like CC'ed that's not too terribly long I'll do it :D (Teachers have been piling on the workload, it's been hectic!)

As for downloading the videos from YouTube for CC'ing... many people suggest using some website and copy/pasting the URL from YT into their website where it will download it for you. Usually it's some kind of application and any Binary files I'm leery of. So I KNOW we have some computer nerds out there aside from myself, if you guys have used one and know it's safe, let me know! :)

Back