Youth today...

icecl_out1

Reaction score
Me and a friend got in a debate about this earlier today at school and I was wondering what your thoughts on this were.

What affects the general youth more nowadays...movies or television?

icecl_out1 said:

Um I think they're equal... Primetime might censor some words/nudity... movies might show more but movie theatres are supposed to restrict youths from going into R rated movies, etc.

Personally i agree with vampy here.. but.. i'm thinking of Movie is the most influencal thing that makes the youth to follow.

T.V. shows are just fine.. but movies is just called "movies" so its the same

EDIT: also forgot to say.. Westling is also a bad influence to children.. because children will follow it.. i have heard many stories that children follow westling such as WWE, WWF etc.. and kill their friends by accident just doing the moves what the wrestling peeps do..

icecl_out1 said:
Me and a friend got in a debate about this earlier today at school and I was wondering what your thoughts on this were.

I wld say neither ... both of them,but MOVIES, i think it's more affects on the kids. but im speechless abt it. good debatin on it.

<--- agrees with Vampy

i dont think its either one of them -- its all based on how the kid grew up with their parents and their overall behavior and what they have been taught by their parents

It's the parents -- depends on whether parents are giving the kids free rein to anything...seeing any types of movies or the other parents that keep a firm rein on filtering out unsuitable movies for young kids.

I think that the parents are a major influence in today's society, espeically when it comes to teenagers. Parents need to have some control of the media that comes in the home, because teenagers are like a sponge when it comes to TV or movies or music or whatever. However, I know that parents are often too busy with work or whatever to keep up after teens all the time, so IMO, it's both parents and media.

I came back to this thread, and I realized something that Vampy brought up. Yes, it is the parents that really influences the children. Parents should be watching what their children are watching, too. It's their responsibility, not the kids' to see what's suitable or not.

Back