Youth football coach charged with beating player on field

B

Buckdodgers

STOCKTON, Calif. -- An assistant youth football coach was arrested for felony child abuse after allegedly rushing the field and assaulting a boy on the opposing team, police said.

Cory Petero, 36, of Riverbank, turned himself in to Stockton police Saturday night following what witnesses described as a late hit that turned into a brawl, with parents and children from both teams fighting on the field.

Referee Tim Winek said he had just called a penalty on Brian Wood, 13, a Stockton Bears player.

"There was a penalty on the play, and it was a late hit," Winek said. "The parent of the kid who got hit took exception to it. He came charging out onto the field."

Daniel Champion, who identified himself as Wood's father, told The (Stockton) Record that his son suffered bruises on his stomach and jaw from the assault.

The brawl erupted at around 3:30 p.m. with less than a minute left to play between the Riveroak Redskins and the Bears.

Fighting continued for about 20 minutes, according to witnesses. No major injuries were reported.

Pantagraph.com - News - Youth football coach charged with beating player on field

Here we go again cops playing favorites.The coach is a players son who got hit roughly by opposing team player.It was a late hit ands refs give him a personal foul penalty.The Father was doing his job protecting his son by tackling the opposing player and the cops turn right around and arrest him with for felony child abuse.Remember the Indiana Pacers player Ron Artest jumped into the stands and assulted the fan and the other player punched a fan who was on the court? Again The Police didnt make an arrest on ron artest.The Cops play favorites.If your Rich N Famous with Millions of dollars theyre leave you alone.If youre poor and an ordinary person theyre harrass you and charge you with something.

Goodness Buckdodgers, the police has nothing to do with this, the coach did was wrong, you don't go out there hitting kids like that, and shame on some of the parents who got involved in this as well too....Violence doesn't solve anything, it makes the situation worse and beside I don't teach my children to fight but I teach them how to survive against one in case they get into a situation like this...

BD, when u will stop blaming police??????? Coaches shouldnt beat up on players...

I saw the attack on CNN. WOW damn!!!! hard to believe what the coach did to the player? JUST RUN AND PUSH the player down?? stupid coach.. the coach shouldnt do that by pushing the player down hard.. i hope the player will be ok from this.. but the coach will be charged with child abuse for this. then he will be barred from working with children ever again.. Too bad for the coach! jeez.

And what is ur point?

My point is Cops and the courts play favorites.If youre Rich in Famous cops will leave you alone or the courts wont send you to prison.If youre poor and an ordinary person Cops will harass you and courts will put you in prison.

My point is Cops and the courts play favorites.If youre Rich in Famous cops will leave you alone or the courts wont send you to prison.If youre poor and an ordinary person Cops will harass you and courts will put you in prison.

Stop blame on police except for blame on Baltimore police. ;)

Stop blame on police except for blame on Baltimore police. ;)

The LAPD hates Blacks you know.Like the racist pigs here
rodney_king.jpg

southcentralmay1992.jpg

right-to-remain-web.jpg

That's old news... 1992 is over... :roll:

BD, all u can do :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: and we still dont undy what is ur point...

Authority figures (teachers, coaches, etc.) should not abuse their authority. Simple as that.

I think I understand that you want to bring it up your point about the comparsion between middle and upper classes. They could not arrest the pro player because he is well-known and rich man. I would think that the police couldn't arrest him because hundreds of thousands people are watching them, and the police probably do not want to be witnessed if they go wrong and get sued. That's my opinion.

Some people have bad emotion so they acted stupid things that they are not supposed to be in the situation. They just don't care, and they just do it what they wanted. It's all about their testosterone (both male and female) that make them feel powerful to go and act stupid thing. Isn't that right?

It is a little bit confused for some readers because this newspaper writer did not a good job to write the story because his grammar twisted.

Oh, there might be a full moon tonight so let's beat up the coach!

Yeah Stockton is about 30-45 mins from here is Sacramento! anyway I watched news, Judges ordered the football coach, he must stay away from victim families for 100 feets and He suspected his football coach license for lifetime. Even judge said to him, stay away from any childern in football practice for good...that what my eyes overheard news tv..

I was like whoa, system toughed on him already!

The LAPD hates Blacks you know.Like the racist pigs here
southcentralmay1992.jpg
LOL @ black man in middle of white polices, who had beautiful midde one of his fingers... Yeah I aint surprise that LAPD never will change for being racist.. you know those people refuse to admit that LAPD never change, still racists.. remember that back in about 1950-1969, polices beated blacks with pole stick.. there is nothing change since..

Gotta stop whining, BD..... I agree, whats your point? Gotta stop pick on cops.... It was coach's fault not cops because coach just go too far in his own hands.... If I was coach, I would never do that, I would tell to my team that playing the sport is for fun not winning.. it doesn't matter if we lost or win....

That man was an idiot! He deserved to be arrested for attacking that kid!

Yeah I remember that game..LoL!! I believe Ron Artest was fined for that bigtime. I don't remember. He also probably settled with the fan outside of court.. But the Rich 'N' Famous buy their way out of trouble & pay those same fines & probably more then the lower income people.
Money Talk & BS Walk..

But in this case, I don't see what the problem is with the police? They did thier job like their suppose to. That guy had no right to do what he did. I'm actually surprised he didn't attack the referee also for not make the call. At least I would of If I was gonna be stupid enough to do something like that..LoL

STOCKTON, Calif. --
Remember the Indiana Pacers player Ron Artest jumped into the stands and assulted the fan and the other player punched a fan who was on the court? Again The Police didnt make an arrest on ron artest.The Cops play favorites.If your Rich N Famous with Millions of dollars theyre leave you alone.If youre poor and an ordinary person theyre harrass you and charge you with something.

Back