You're not going to believe this . . .

pek1

Reaction score
You know that ad at the bottom of most of these pages for http://www.deaf-match.net/home.php ? Well, I signed up today. I'll get to a different computer and upload my pic.

Does anyone have any experience with a site like this? I mean, can we actually meet someone who doesn't turn out to be a child molester or a murderer of deaf/hoh people? I'm being serious here, as I don't want to get myself or my hearing dog into a situation.

If it's good, please wish me luck and pray I'll find Miss Right!

Thanks!

I wish you the best. I dont like dating service because many people are not honest about themselves.

Gee, I hope they are! My profile hasn't been approved yet, but I just finished putting my picture there so it should be available sometime tomorrow. Feel free to go there and browse for me, I use the same name as here.

Let us know what your experience is with them.

Thanks and good luck. :)

P.S. I'm gonna have to move this thread to the dating forum later.

Sorry, u can never met the real person from the internet. Someone on the internet can act 1 way but is really different. It is hard to find out the true person.

You know that ad at the bottom of most of these pages for http://www.deaf-match.net/home.php ? Well, I signed up today. I'll get to a different computer and upload my pic.

Does anyone have any experience with a site like this? I mean, can we actually meet someone who doesn't turn out to be a child molester or a murderer of deaf/hoh people? I'm being serious here, as I don't want to get myself or my hearing dog into a situation.

If it's good, please wish me luck and pray I'll find Miss Right!

Thanks!

:lol: Good luck, my dear friend. Do hope that there's a right woman for you. FYI, that word " right " is not the right word to call Miss Right or Mr. Right - because, there is never one. Keep in mind, every person has their own flaw. No one is perfect such as Miss Right or Mr. Right.

:lol: Good luck, my dear friend. Do hope that there's a right woman for you. FYI, that word " right " is not the right word to call Miss Right or Mr. Right - because, there is never one. Keep in mind, every person has their own flaw. No one is perfect such as Miss Right or Mr. Right.

Thanks, Maria! I sent a bunch of messages a couple hours ago and one gal already started screening me, asking me if I had attended MSAD. I hope she doesn't shoot me down because I said no.

even in real life, they often are incapable of being truly honest with themselves. that's how the "game" is invented.

I would have to say I agree. Hahahaha, serious I hope you will find someone nice Pek1. In my opinion, you are an intelligent man and I think you can meet anyone you like. You can join a gym like la fitness, you will meet tons of women. You can take a dog on the walk where people tend to jog. You never know what will happen until you go out and meet people. I suggest you to do random crazy things that you wish you would do such as travel to third world, swim with sharks in carribean, jump off the airplane, etc. Be creative, I believe something is going to happen. :p

My opinion, you should not be limited to yourself by dating only deaf or hoh ladies, but hearing ladies too. :D

If I haven't met Eric through a hearing friend, I'm sure I will find someone nice from any dog sports. I have met several nice looking guys who act as decoy. Umm.. Nice to watch them in bitesuit and work with a dog! It is very impressive! :D

I would have to say I agree. Hahahaha, serious I hope you will find someone nice Pek1. In my opinion, you are an intelligent man and I think you can meet anyone you like. You can join a gym like la fitness, you will meet tons of women. You can take a dog on the walk where people tend to jog. You never know what will happen until you go out and meet people. I suggest you to do random crazy things that you wish you would do such as travel to third world, swim with sharks in carribean, jump off the airplane, etc. Be creative, I believe something is going to happen. :p

My opinion, you should not be limited to yourself by dating only deaf or hoh ladies, but hearing ladies too. :D

If I haven't met Eric through a hearing friend, I'm sure I will find someone nice from any dog sports. I have met several nice looking guys who act as decoy. Umm.. Nice to watch them in bitesuit and work with a dog! It is very impressive! :D

Cane Corso,

This is the first time I have sought out a deaf/hoh woman anywhere, although I did date, when she was home to visit her parents, another hoh gal here in town. I felt that I was in college and she was done with hers, so why hold her back? I didn't think it was fair for her.

I bring Snickers to the dog park, but people are there so randomly and sporatically, that it is difficult to find out when someone is going to be there. As for the gym, I need to join the YMCA again, as I need to get back in condition for modeling, so thanks for that suggestion! :)

I went to see my profile and my pic isn't there. I have to get back to the computer I started on and enter it, as the pic didn't go through when I registered. I also edited my profile so it would be more appealing.

By the way, thank you for the complement! I just need and want a lady that is just as intelligent and can think for herself. I don't want a puppy for a potential wife or someone that jumps when I say something. That won't work and I refuse to treat a woman like that!

Thanks, Maria! I sent a bunch of messages a couple hours ago and one gal already started screening me, asking me if I had attended MSAD. I hope she doesn't shoot me down because I said no.

You're welcome, Pete ! Just follow your heart and be yourself. Don't hide anythin'. ;)

I think no matter where you go just trust your instincts... I've met a couple of friends from those dating sites, some didn't work out but earned some great friends along the way. Some I've chatted were pretty desperate to meet so fast, those I stay away from.. Also you can't really judge by it's cover as online and in person have two different impacts.. ANything is possible smile...

Never too late, at least you did try or else you lose it all.

Also, be wary of the scammers on these dating sites.... Have you tried the other sites such as DSC (Deafsinglesconnection.com) DEAFS.com

RIGHT I believe to be yourself is the key... I also believe to be who you are online as well as in person. It takes time to get to know a person....Hehehe... well to say, guys that have dogs or pets are the nicest ones!!! smile...

You can find love on the internet. I did.

I agree with what others have said:
Don't limit yourself to deaf/hoh women. or deaf only dating sites.
trust your gut/instinct. You'll be wrong some times but you'll learn something.

I'd like to add:

Figure out what you want. If you think you'll just know what you want when you see it, you'll never find what you actually want.

Back