Your summer flowers

Bott, I like petunias. I dont have them. My parents used to have plenty of beautiful flowers all over the backyard and front yards when they lived in northeastern. They are not happy with the garden in florida. its tooo hot for flowers. most of them died. poor parents. But they are moving back to the northeastern again maybe in next year. They will start it again but the small garden. They are over 70 yrs old and wanted a simple garden. :)

Bott, I like petunias. I dont have them. My parents used to have plenty of beautiful flowers all over the backyard and front yards when they lived in northeastern. They are not happy with the garden in florida. its tooo hot for flowers. most of them died. poor parents. But they are moving back to the northeastern again maybe in next year. They will start it again but the small garden. They are over 70 yrs old and wanted a simple garden. :)

I love petunias because they are hardy and come in so many beautiful bright colors. :)

Hostas are incredibly easy, maintenance-wise. Maybe good for you, Kristina. They don't necessarily have a lot of flowering to them, but are such great small shrubs, bushes, a lawn "edger", etc. And they're not too expensive. Every few years you can dig them up and divide them into quarters (the bulbs) and all of a sudden have 4x as many plants to plant. I love the MANY hostas I have in my yard.

Hostas are incredibly easy, maintenance-wise. Maybe good for you, Kristina. They don't necessarily have a lot of flowering to them, but are such great small shrubs, bushes, a lawn "edger", etc. And they're not too expensive. Every few years you can dig them up and divide them into quarters (the bulbs) and all of a sudden have 4x as many plants to plant. I love the MANY hostas I have in my yard.

when I was growing up, I always pinched the flowers that wasn't open but about to open, like it looks like bubble inside it. I pinched it and you can feel the air out of the flowers. :lol:

I agree it is easy.

We have a lot of those too. They line the back deck and the driveway edge. They are more my husband's interest as I prefer more color.

But they are supposed to be good for making hilly banks more stable.

We have a lot of those too. They line the back deck and the driveway edge. They are more my husband's interest as I prefer more color.

But they are supposed to be good for making hilly banks more stable.

I do think they're great. And last I heard, there are over 400 varieties of hostas. I have probably only seen a select few. Who knows, maybe some are prettier than others! :)

I do think they're great. And last I heard, there are over 400 varieties of hostas. I have probably only seen a select few. Who knows, maybe some are prettier than others! :)

Maybe. Most of ours seem to be green, or green with a little pale yellow stripes. :lol:

The ones I have have purple flowers. They're so pale purple that they're hardly noticeable, though. I'd like to find some that have prettier flowers. But I'm content with what I have for the time being :)

same here, light/pale purple. I think I saw someone else's home that have only white. I have never seen more color than purple or white.

The ones I have have purple flowers. They're so pale purple that they're hardly noticeable, though. I'd like to find some that have prettier flowers. But I'm content with what I have for the time being :)

That's interesting. I think the flowers on ours are usually cream or white. Maybe a few with a little pink tinge.

Back