Your point of view on marriage. Deaf or hearing?

Well - if I was really thinking this through and knew then what I know now, then I would say deaf. Not to say that I don't love my hubby, but he is hearing and doesn't understand.

Same here. Hubby is hearing but there are times when he can't communicate. On the other hand, Maybe his lack of communication skills is more of a male charcteristic. LOL We have been married 25 years and communication is more than just speaking or signing. I hate to put limitations on people such as: deaf marry deaf only or Deaf marry Deaf only, Black people marry black people, white people marry white so so forth and not to forget the many religions. People are what make anything work.

I think I believe in deaf relationships. Because your deaf boyfriend/girlfriend would understand you a whole lot better than a hearing person, because they know what we go through with everyday. Plus, sometimes, deaf guys can be sweet and lovable than hearing guys.. (no offense guys!) :D

I was raised as if I could hear (lipreading only, never was taught ASL, wasn't taken to a proper audiologist until I insisted on it after my lack of hearing cost me a job as a teen) due to my parents being in denial. So a short while ago I would have said I'd be more likely to end up with someone hearing because I wasn't raised with the Deaf culture. However, I just met and hit it off really well with a cute bi guy (I'm gay) whose experience with being deaf and ways of coping are very much like mine, and it was the most amazing thing ever being with someone who knew exactly what I was talking about without my having to explain.

There is something to be said for having a partner that understands you.

I have been married for almost 25 years. Recently deaf. Hubby and I just "get" each other. There is something to be said about being married to your best friend. Life and marriage gets better with age. When someone honors your vows that is all that matters. In sickness and in health.......

I have been married for almost 25 years. Recently deaf. Hubby and I just "get" each other. There is something to be said about being married to your best friend. Life and marriage gets better with age. When someone honors your vows that is all that matters. In sickness and in health.......

I had that for a while. But I have a good sense that I will have it again maybe soon?

My husband is hearing, it does make clear communication very, very difficult sometimes as his signing is even worse than mine. lol

We married before I lost all of my hearing. Due to our age he is becoming HOH and is getting it.

Our deaf friends sign "communicate" and drop one hand from the thumb as if it was a broken hinge. It means that our communication is "broken". We get that a LOT. lol

Back