Your opinion on a young woman shaving her head?

just do it if you feel it helps your life it your head..society i hope is more acceptive of people looks these days....when i had breast cancer i did not give shit what people saw,and to be honest i thought i looked good....dont want to patronize as it must be rough but that the hand you been dealt

Go ahead and do it. I know it'd be nice to have some family support but if you can't... Just remember other people, including some of us on here, will definitely support you. At least you are an adult now and you can make your own decisions.

You could have some fun with the wigs - maybe get a hot pink one or even a blue one. Change it up everyday. I like the idea of head tattoos as someone else mentioned here. You could always look up some cosplay websites for some high quality wigs. There have to be some other fun accessories you can put on your head as well.

I'm not sure why but the image of a bald Natalie Portman just popped up in my mind while I was reading this. She got her head shaved during the movie 'V for Vendetta,' and she actually looked pretty as a bald woman. Here's a picture for a reference if anyone hasn't seen her like that:

11.jpg

If she got a short haircut, the balding problem would become extremely obvious.

OP is considering getting a short haircut to make it easier to put on a wig.

Also if she gets a few wigs, then she will no longer need to have longer natural hair to hide the balding areas.

I don't think the original poster is looking for recommendations on cute pixie haircuts.

Nat Portman did this for "V" the film... she is a hot babe...any one remember Sinad O'Connor "Nothing compares to you"?
she also had incredible voice and facial expression, one of the very best ever captured for a music video IMHO...

Bald women are sexy , only if they already have excellent face and structure otherwise no good, same for men, shaving head on men doesnt always make them look good...but its noticable its somewhat a 'fashion' of the 2010's...i wonder if balding will be 'out' later in the mid-to late 2010's...be interesting to see...

or maybe fasihion might go further like shaving eyebrows?? who knows...

...and..i wouldnt...I lkie brushy brows it makes me look intelligent...lol...nah ...blah...move on...
lol

Another angle: Time saved -not taking care of one's hair!

Then an interesting problem-what to do the saved time?

Right-read computer screens?

I think you are on the right track looking at different things to try. It is vital to have a self image that is comfortable and strong as a foundation for being in the world. You were challenged in a way that really got your attention and are now able to process it and are moving forward. In the process you have your family's attention as well and why not? They are your family.
When people choose chemotherapy in their battle to survive cancer, losing their hair is part of it. Wigs, turbans, hats all come in to play whatever works for them.
Losing your hair is maybe not the best thing but it is light on the scale compared to the other end of the balance with life and future upon it. If you are worried about men and their response to your situation it is less and less like Junior High School the longer you are away from it. You will have your own power grace and style. The man who you will love and will love you in return will be there for you.

I don't see any wrong for a woman to shave her head. If it suits her, then that's great!

Don't be afraid to care of what others may think of you. You are you. They are not you.

I wish you all the best on this! :)

Me thinks bald is beautiful, in a lot of cases....was in Radiology at the hospital the other day...and saw a lady sitting there waiting for her appt. and she was bald, wearing jeans....it did make me wonder if she was having Chemotherapy or something....but anyway, she smiled and I smiled back!...She looked good....

All in all, it's ur head....and regardless, hair will grow back and there are other options too, a wig/hair pieces, etc......so I'd just go ahead and shave it...maybe just pull all your hair back and put a bag or scarf tied tightly on your scalp to see how you look bald-headed?....

its chemiotheraphy, radiation treatment doesnt make your hair fall out

only the last one did, the others well doesnt suits them, maybe demi moore wasnt so bad but others its bit tooo plasticy...ew

Im only 22 now, but when i was 16 or 17 i wanted a mohawk and had my friend shave my head on the sides and dyed it dark purple lol but yes i got a few comments but honestly, little to no negative comments, people love a bold strong woman! I rocked it for a good while and people still remember it haha its empowering and beautiful, wear it loud, proud, with a wig, au natural doesnt matter its all awesome :)

Back