Your Opinion about Signing Songs?

This is probably just on account of the medium being new as well, and people who post on there aren't being pressed in a serious way to offer this as an actual service so they do what they want and appeal to the audience with popular things.

Right and I do get that. Ah well - I will just not try and follow them at all.

I am personal love drum. I am lost my hearing aid something I pretty can heard drum that is sometimes!

Some hearing people (who are not interpreters) will sign a song for a public audience. Some people say it is beautiful and expressive. But others say it is misusing ASL/sign language for the wrong purpose.

What do you think

Hearing people signing songs
Ill say this as a hearing ASL student, the problem is social media. Hearing people love to "show boat" their signing skills with only a basic level of knowledge of signing with little to no regard for deaf culture. In the link above (Hearing People Signing Songs) gives you a more in depth detail of the appropriations controversy. As much as I would love to go to an open mic night at my local bar and perform a song in sign language it would be inappropriate to do so at my skill level. To be very honest Id rather learn songs from qualified deaf performers.

Last edited:
Back