Your first ever job

Comeon, mow for someone or babysitter isn't a real job

How about I throw you a two months old crying baby in your hands at 1pm and leave you alone with it until 9pm when I'm back home... We'll see about that :cool2:

I wasn't just sitting in front of TV in the evening while the parents were out.

unoffical job was mowing neighbor's yard at 10 or 11 years old.

Official job was working in dining room at the deaf school at 14 yrs old but it was for short time. Worked at US Air Force Resrves for 4 summers during HS.

How about I throw you a two months old crying baby in your hands at 1pm and leave you alone with it until 9pm when I'm back home... We'll see about that :cool2:

I wasn't just sitting in front of TV in the evening while the parents were out.

It's like being mom in train and you know how to take care when you would become or being in favor for your friend to take care while they do their own nasty business in mind. lol

It's like being mom in train and you know how to take care when you would become or being in favor for your friend to take care while they do their own nasty business in mind. lol

LOL... no.... Long story short, the mother actually was having health issues to take care of her baby in a proper way alone while husband (being a businessman) was off to Russia for urgent (and yes IMPORTANT!) matters...

Hence I was hired... and I'm like family nowadays and don't regret one single day the day I signed the contract! :D The boys mean the world to me to these days!!!! (in case you hadn't noticed from miscellaneous previous posts...)

Babysitter might in this case not be the correct word... but you get the drift ;)

JL

PS. here one of my favorite pictures. I spoiled them rotten with stuff when I came back from 4 week vacation in Australia :cool2: That was the longest time we were apart ever since their births! ;)

I'll think of babysitter as train before you're able to become housewife, nursery or care center, etc. :D

First job: cashier at a drug store

Worst ever job: answering phones for an answering service pre-computers--I had to memorize the company name according to a number and answer with that company's name

My kids are dog washers!

I delivered St. Paul Pioneer Press newspaper for about 6 months when I was 12. Became too much when I was in school, but for that summer I had money!

My first job was at a movie theatre. I figured I'd work there for 6 months or so, get some heft to my resume, but 2 years later, I still can't bear to leave. I love it, and I've finally reached what is, in my opinion, the best position in a theatre: projection work (only the longest-hired people get taught how to do it, and I used to always stare up there in envy as the projectionist got to do his/her thing while I'd be stuck downstairs in concession or on door/floor). It's hot at a constant 25 degrees celcius/77 degrees fahrenheit (technically, it's an attic, lol, but it doesn't help that the air conditioning is broken), noisy with roaring projectors (but obviously that's not a major concern), lonely (I'm a shy loner type who hates dealing with people, so that works perfectly), dark (except for a lamp at the big desk, where I can read!). Only problem is that this theatre is relatively old, 40 years old, and the projectors know it. So we're constantly having problems and issues with lamps refusing to strike, platters refusing to spin, rollers spitting out film, and generally a whole circus of things that cause a movie to go into failure. But I love photography and since I never got to experience developing film, playing with movie film is the next best thing, and I just plain ol' love using my logical thinking brain to figure out why this or that is behaving in such a strange way. But oddly, sometimes the only way to get a projector to start behaving is to coo to it and treat it kindly, stroking it. Sounds nutty, but I swear it works. If you cuss at it and slap it about, sometimes it works, and sometimes it acts worse (out of spite, I like to think).

Only thing that I hate is that the air phone up there has to be as old as the building itself, so therefore I can't hear a thing through it. I can hear it ring, which causes panic (lol), because that means something is going wrong in one of the movies and since I can't hear the other person on the other end of the line, I have to figure out WHICH movie and WHICH problem, and FAST!

But the theatre is supposedly haunted, and since I'm a morbid ghoul, I love hearing the various stories about the spirit. I've yet to meet her, though if I get to thinking about her, I get the skeevies, what with all that dark space behind me, and dark space ahead of me, and no way of being able to see anything that may be lurking. It's very easy to get spooked in projection (that goes for everyone) probably because it's so dark and spacious, and that's where most of the "ghostly" occurrences have shown up.

going way back

I guess the first job for pay- I don't remember what I got paid- I worked delivering milk and stuff for the milkman. I was 9 or 10 we were all over town
he didn't like climbing stairs. My first real paycheck was working at RoboCarWash. It was cool I learned to smoke cigarettes there. I was 15. Took me another 30 some years to get off 'em.

Worked at a small grocery store. Wasn't bad, but got tired of the boss eventually and left. EVERYBODY hated him, was notorious in this town for his bad attitude. He died a couple years back.

the unofficial job I had was - babysitting

The first official job I had was at a gift wrapping company to pack gift wraps in boxes on an assembly line. It was so boring and I hated standing there all day long just to pack the gift wraps.

My first job was working in a "factory" with my 2 sisters. A hosiery factory. After 2 weeks, I QUIT!...Factory work is not for me....got a job in the Business Office at a hospital as a patient biller/clerk typist....at $1 dollar an hour. Worked there a few months.....then applied for a job at the local Newspaper as a teletype operator in news.....

Snagged that job, and my career was off and running. Worked at several newspapers for many years, and retired from The Fla. Times-Union in Jax., (advertising).

Since retiring, I've co-owned a Thrift Shop, worked in a Seafood Rest. on the Beach (which I actually loved)!...Became a housekeeper at a very quaint Bed & Breakfast (tips were awesome)....

As a teenager, I earned my allowance money from my parents for cleaning up around the house like washing dishes, take garbage out and cleaning up bedrooms (both my sister's and my bedrooms). I really manage my budget of earning that from my parents and it does take responsibilities of not spending all the money foolishly.

My first real job was working at the University of Minnesota campus (Minneapolis, Minnesota) which I worked as a key punch operator and verifier which mean typing into the punch cards into the computer at the age of 21 years old. We don't have that anymore. I learned to have enough money to move into an apartment with a roommate that I trust. We took care of our bills so that helps a lot when I was working at my first job. So earning an allowance lead me to my first job to take responsibilty for me to live out on my own with my roommate. I was very happy. :D

My first job was delivering newspapers at 5 am every morning for 6 days a week. :)

My first paying job was delivering the afternoon newspaper when I was in junior high school.

During high school I worked as a babysitter on weekends and a college housekeeper during the summers.

When I was 12 my first job was working at Arthur Treahers with my grandma who was a store manager during that time, I did prepping and cleaning. I wasn't on the payroll sheet, but my grandma did paid me for working part-time.

Then I start working for Burger King at the age of 14 during high school, I've done pretty much of everything only that I didn't work on the register. Worked there for four years before going for another job. I also remembered my first raise after working there for two weeks.

Comeon, mow for someone or babysitter isn't a real job

it's like doing the chore for other family or friend or being refer to friend's friend.

A real job is to work with a strange out from the world. It's real job, real life. Wake up!

Oh yeah, they probably instantly stab your back already.
actually babysitting and mowing lawns is being a entrepreneur. we were providing a service for money.

Back