Your favorite Italian Dish?

eggplant rolletini, pastas, aww, who am I kidding? I never met an Italian dish that I disliked. lol

aww ya well italian families cook italian food...it's hard to find real italian families in the states tho..they are usually 4th 5th gen and can't speak italian or cook italian food either.. my fam that immigrated to canada all speak italian and are close to our culture and the ones that immigrated to u.s. don't speak italian and are very americanized

If I want specific recipe I ask my italian friends to send me one LOLOL. They're from Tuscany (Siena and Florence). :hmm: Should consider paying them visit next year... I absolutely love both cities!!!! Where are you from? I also have friends living in Emilia Romagna and San Marino.

Oooh, did someone say tiramisu?!?! :drool:

That is my all-time favorite Italian dessert!

There's a wide variety of Italian foods that I like. At most, I like the Chicken Marsala, Fettuccine Alfredo with Scampi, and those Italian Ice drinks are to die for!

aww ya well italian families cook italian food...it's hard to find real italian families in the states tho..they are usually 4th 5th gen and can't speak italian or cook italian food either.. my fam that immigrated to canada all speak italian and are close to our culture and the ones that immigrated to u.s. don't speak italian and are very americanized

Yes. I agree its hard to find real italian families with their own sauces. =( Over the years, I start to realize how much I missed the homemade sauce that my deceased grandma's recipe. I did cook her recipe sauce. It tastes good but It was not the same soul sauce what she made. My grandparents moved to NYC from Sicily and refused to speak amercian. My dad has an accent mixed with Italian and (NYC)amercian language.

Oh speaking of what kind of italian food.

I enjoy the ravioli the most. however like i said, if the raviolis were truly italain homemade only, then it is the more enjoyable. ;) I love lasagna only if groud beef in it. Ricotta cheese is my weak spot.

:drool:All Italian dishes! I love my homemade tomato sauces, and they are in freeze storage!

I would say pizza, but I agree with Souggy when he says that American & Canadian pizza is not the same as pizza from Italy.

I don't like manicotti cuz of all the cheese...but if it was just that and more sauce i'd like it:) lol

Omg you're crazy its the reason I love manicotti (all the cheese! Eek ricotta, mozzarella and parmesan is my fave cheese)

I get my mom to make me tiramisu for my bday lol id rather that than actual bday cake:p lol haha and she makes it from scratch OMG it's just soo good..lol and i love zucchini too ..very good:)

I tried to eat it. I love IT!!!!!! I went to expensive Italian restaurants with my husband. I like any kind of pastas, bread sticks, real Italian pizza, cappuccino, Italian's cheese and more. Italian is my most favorite! Have you try to taste Biscotti dip into Italian's coffee?? It's my favorite!

I tried to taste calamari aka baby squids. It's taste good! LoL Artichoke is my favorite!

I love Italian foods such as pizza, lasagnas, and pastas etc. :D

Is anybody know how to make a Gnocchi pasta??? Is this made from Russet Potato?? I ate it today. Oh my gosh!!! It's CHAMP!!!!!!

I grew up in an Italian American community in New Jersey, so naturally we would eat things like proscuitto with melon for appetisers, baked ziti, baked manicotti, salted cod (baccula) with veggies, and of course the tiramisu.

I love caprese salad, with mozarella, basil and tomatoes. From time to time I would make stuffed artichokes.

I live with an Asian partner, so we eat Asian every day. However, from time to time, I do find myself making Italian food to quench the need for comfort food. :-9

Pinky- Gnocchi is made from potato but I don't think it matters what kind of potato...i think just regular potato ..im not a big fan of gnocchi tho...there is gnocchi with cheese too...but I can't have that either cuz im allergic anyway glad you liked it:)

Since we have a chinese one and since im Italian I wanted to know what your fave italian dish or meal is?

Not sure if you'll know what some are but my fams from italy so if u want me to explain i will:) or recipes:)

Antipasto which is like cold cuts and veggies and olives green and black...I like green better tho!

brucshetta (pronounced bru-SKetta) :)

followed by penne or spaghettini with red sauce

and for dessert tiramisu or home made pizzelle or home made canoli's
From a guy who loves Italian ---
I cant say there's no italian dishes i don't like, except things that contains too much cooked mushrooms, aka: Chicken Marsala.

I make all of the Italian dishes from scratch if I wanted to. Super easy as well.

Spaghetti is pretty simple. I like Tortellinis, Manicotti, Shells..

As you can see, I LOVE cheese.

Caprese is the bommmmmmmmmmmb. Ask Mr Potts, I can eat and eat and eat cheese all day long.

Pinky- Gnocchi is made from potato but I don't think it matters what kind of potato...i think just regular potato ..im not a big fan of gnocchi tho...there is gnocchi with cheese too...but I can't have that either cuz im allergic anyway glad you liked it:)

Ahh! That's suck! What kind of allergy the food?? I have none allergy to food. I ate the rennet cheese with gnocchi and parmesan and other. It's very good taste.

Back