your family have strokes?

sara1981

Reaction score
if your family have stroke? like your parents,grandparents,aunt&uncle

my dad told me that my grandmother have stroke weeks ago and im really shock myself but my grandmother cant moves of her legs and arms on her left when she was at rehab for pt and my grandma doing fine.

tell me about your family have stroke

I have grandpa had stroke 3 time and he died from it. It depend on how serious it is. my grandpa had stroke a month apart from each stroke. i missed him so much
Bawling.gif

Yes on my dad's side...my grandma got stoke but not sure how many time she got it..probably once or twice. But she's with GOD now.

*sighs* on my dad s side of family my grandma had major stroke in 2000 then passed away on aug 30 2003 :( missed her dearly.. my first tiime experience someone died in family is no fun.. it took me a year to heal..

My grandpa had a stroke and he lived many years after that, but he could not talk or walk as well.

My aunt had mild stroke. It wasnt that bad. Only she couldnt feel her left side but it can move.

My dad had it twice, I'm glad he made it through. I don't know what I'll do without him. :(

My grandmother on my dad's side had many strokes during her life. Her first one was before I was born. My dad said it changed her personality some--she became more sweet and mellow, and her voice became high pitched and kind of squeeky. I remember she used to tell me how terrible that stroke was. She said that she felt like she was trapped in her body, and the only thing she could control was her tear ducts.

She eventually recovered from that stroke, and she didn't have any more while I was growing up, until I was about 14. Then she had a very massive one. It really destroyed a lot of brain tissue, and her personality became like a 5 year old. She became very scared of everything, and couldn't take care of herself any more, so she moved in with my family. It was very very hard on all of us, including her. She lost most of her speech, and she would cry a lot. It was especially hard on me, because I had become accustomed to visiting her every Saturday night, and going to church with her on Sunday mornings before the stroke. She was the best grandma you could imagine -- right out of a Norman Rockwell painting. I had visited her every Saturday like that for 10 or 12 years, almost without missing a Sunday. The change was very abrupt. For me, it was a lot like she had died (or at least who she was had died.) A few years later, she again had another stroke, and this time she didn't really wake up from it--it was like a coma. She remained in that state for a few weeks, and then again had another stroke and died from it.

It's really important to have your cholesterol checked regularly. I was surprised to find out that I actually need cholesterol lowering drugs at my age (early 30s). That goes to show that strokes don't usually just appear, and they can be prevented. In my grandmother's case, she probably started to develop a cholesterol problem around my age, but it was not treated. She had her first stroke in her late 40s or early 50s. Get regular checkups, and do what the doctors say!!

My grandpa had 4 strokes.. first was light at a farm equipment convetion in TX, 2nd wsa at home. he just passed out then 3rd was the worst day in his life he had his massive stroke while he was mowing grass which he was suppoised to not do after his 2nd stroke.. he was on his John Deere Riding mower and had it lucky he had common sense to turn the keys off and was broughjt to hospital and stayed there from April 28th 1992 to July 4 1992 and came back home just right side was damaged and 4th one happoened right after he came home Light one.. he was the same from that point till his death last July 1 2006 and doctors said its amazing he surived 14 years and i seen how much differnce from grandpa before stroke and grandpa after stroke.. it really made me mad, hurt, etc bec its my favorite grandpa that i went on vacations , campings, and working on 2,000 acres soybean farm with.. my advice for ya sara, be there...

His one of first words when he woke up from havin 3rd stroke he said my name.. i was not ready to see him then next week i came and saw him and it broyght tears in our eyes..

My uncle (my mother's only brother) had several strokes in recent years. He was a Supervisor with Norfolk-Southern Railways for many years, but he was forced to retire early after he had a massive heart attack. He has had at least five heart attacks or so.

I believe stroke is common on my mother's father's side.

Don't believe anyone in my family's ever had a stroke. Maybe my Great Grandmother, but not 100% sure.

My grandma (dad's mom) had stroke in the 90's and survived from it but it impaired her functions to walk and other stuff and few years later she died of old age. She was 88 years old.

In my family, they do have stroke but I'm not sure who... But my grandmother did have a stroke during she was driving then once she got stroke and started get heart attack after that, but she's alive right now, she's only 69 years old...

My grandpa had 4 strokes.. first was light at a farm equipment convetion in TX, 2nd wsa at home. he just passed out then 3rd was the worst day in his life he had his massive stroke while he was mowing grass which he was suppoised to not do after his 2nd stroke.. he was on his John Deere Riding mower and had it lucky he had common sense to turn the keys off and was broughjt to hospital and stayed there from April 28th 1992 to July 4 1992 and came back home just right side was damaged and 4th one happoened right after he came home Light one.. he was the same from that point till his death last July 1 2006 and doctors said its amazing he surived 14 years and i seen how much differnce from grandpa before stroke and grandpa after stroke.. it really made me mad, hurt, etc bec its my favorite grandpa that i went on vacations , campings, and working on 2,000 acres soybean farm with.. my advice for ya sara, be there...

His one of first words when he woke up from havin 3rd stroke he said my name.. i was not ready to see him then next week i came and saw him and it broyght tears in our eyes..

oh my god about your grandpa got 4 strokes! i cant believe it

my grandma doing fine and more better but she still at rehab for 2 month since Sept-Oct but i visit her lots and she will moving to nursing home for rehab my dad told me about that i will go see her this friday how she feels but i told my dad about my grandma still strokes? he says yes but im deeply worried about her lots

my Grandma not doing well but she doing fine

she cant walk or cant get up but she still in the wheelchair but im so disappointment see her to walk but hardly to walk but got weak hardly! but the nurse from nursing home who helping for my grandma get up from wheelchair to bed its so ROUGH months for me.

you have any remind about your family cant get up or walk ,cant drive dues strokes but my grandma cant drives anymores!

im hope i would write my journal why people have strokes and cant walk,get up and dont drives dues strokes mostly old people who dont drives dues strokes.

I had two mild strokes.... i am still doing fine... they were caused by high blood pressures...

For the last 10 yrs, my late grandmother had few mild strokes and she lost her visions. She died last year of old age and heart attack. :(

My whole family dont have strokes...

in fact, any of my family members hasnt die yet.. :shock:

Back