Young Guy in Chicago

Taric25

Reaction score
Hey guys/gals,

I'm Taric, and I've browsed AllDeaf for a while now, but I haven't started posting until now. I grew up Hearing, but when I was about 5 I noticed a ringing in my ears, especially at bed time. I figured since I was the only one who could hear it, it must just be my imagination not letting me get to sleep, because I was afraid of monsters under the bed or something. When I was in school, I used to ask people to repeat stuff a lot, but like I said, I grew up as a Hearing child. In 3rd grade, we learned about Helen Keller, and we had to learn fingerspelling for the letters and numbers, and a little braille. My vision isn't perfect either, and I always had to sit in front, just to see the blackboard. Despite me begging my parents, I didn't have glasses until 6th grade. My hearing and vision weren't my only disability. I have ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder), Bipolar Disorder NOS (Not Otherwise Specified), OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder), and I have had a single episode of depression. I wasn't diagnosed until I was 20. I stuggled a lot through school, but I did join the American Sign Language club, when I went to A E Stevenson High School. When I was 19, I worked for T-Mobile, and I met a lot of Deaf, Hard-of-Hearing, and Speech-Disabled people. Obviously, I used sign, and I learned about relay to help my customers. It wasn't until I was in my 20s that I found out about Tinnitus, and I realized that it wasn't my imagination. When I found out, I asked my dad if he heard ringing. My dad finally opened up about his own hearing loss. He told me that the doctor told him he is nearly deaf in one ear, and the other is so-so. I was shocked to find out my dad is Latened Hard-of-Hearing. Now I knew why he always turned on the closed captions! :)

I have a lot of Deaf, Hard-of-Hearing, Hard-of-Hearing/Speech-Disabled, Latened Deafened, Oral Deaf, DeafBlind, and Blind friends, and I know ASL. I don't usually have a problem using the phone, but I prefer VCO.

NICE MEET YOU!

Taric

Hello and welcome to Alldeaf! Nice to meet you too--do enjoy your stay here in AD! ;)

Have a great day! :wave:

~RR

Hello,

Welcome to Alldeaf and enjoy your stay here :) ....

Thanks!

Thanks, y'all! It's nice to know people are so friendly here.

:welcome: to Alldeaf! Have fun browsing and posting! :)

1.gif
to AD.. I hope you will enjoy the stay with us and happy posting away! :)

Back