You won't believe this

Dixie

Farting Snowflakes
Premium Member
Reaction score
For those of you that know I am learning ASL they did Shout to the Lord in church this morning, I ended up signing to the whole thing from memory. I used to sign it alot with the youth ministry back in high school (before my piss off with God) and I was wondering if I actually remembered the signs - yep I do! I don't remember them 100% but I know 90% of the song in sign. I think I just need to pull the lyrics out, find the signs I'm forgetting look them up and it'll come back to me. The choir director kept looking at me like WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!, but in an amazed kind of way.

I mouthed back - I'm signing! LOL.:afro:

I'll have to stop by tomorrow for the lyrics to that other song anyway - he'll probably discuss it with me.

That can be a good thing, having a song and the signs for it being refreshed once again can help pave the way to learning more signs...in the meantime, keep it up and soon enough, you'll be doing so in a breeze. ;)

~RR

yeah happens to me a lot.. I remember signing Silent night as a kid.. and even today if someone mentions the song, i can sign the song from memory.

sometimes memory can be a good thing.

uh huh - I got a chance to speak with the guy this morning and he asked if I wanted to stand up and sign with the choir members, and I'm like uhhhhh let me bounce that idea around my head for awhile! lol. I get stage fright sometimes plus I was having one of those moody days and Im not usually open to new suggestions on those days.

I mull it over for a week, pray on it and see what happens. I'll help teach the signs for now and get them to add facial expressions, they look too damn bored up there without the facial expressions, lol.

Back