You WILL HATE IT FOREVER! <VID>

PSL sucks... They gave me a bad headache then stopped this video. :ugh:

same here I watch video around less than half way then shut off. PSL is stinks. To me that girl seem try destroy ASL.

My Hubby, is hearing and a very basic PSE "signer". Even he couldn't stand that video. He watched about half of it, shaking his head.

I know a little ASL...

Do you mean that a lady use mouth movement while she signing where ASL don't use mouth movement... Correct?

I know a little ASL...

Do you mean that a lady use mouth movement while she signing where ASL don't use mouth movement... Correct?
Melissa is speaking English while she signs in the video.

ASL siger can use voice or no voice. It is their choice. This video talk about different between PSL and ASL. ok here ASL sign for boy use forehead and for girl upper jaw. ok now for PSL left face sign is for boy then for girl is oppose sign on right face. I rather ASL cause you can sign one hand. for PSL you had to use sign then oppose side can you sign?. It was depend on people use left or right hand. I hope explained clearly? Maybe other person explained better thanb me.? DUNNO

Basically, she wants to be politically correct and she thinks that the way we sign the male and female genders shows that males are superior to females.. Hello, Women are doing more in terms of today's society, and we're more equal to men. Yet we still use the gender signs.. so I don't see her point in changing it

EH there is nonsense of PSL blah

i rather ASL

HEY people who try to change the language JUST LEAVE IT ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No need to said ASL is better or PSL is worst here. Because of people' choices...ASL or PSL , CI or no CI , and mainsteam school or deaf school.

I don't' think this video mean PSLer tell ASLers to do their PSL....they were just making suggestion by their own language themselves. ASLers don't have to do anything with PSL, right?

I knows I will get "F" from PSL class. :giggle:

I think we have enuff of political correctness from 1990s!! I watched half of that video and thought that lady is nuts. I already learned a bunch of new signs for different countries back in 1990s and I dont need learn more new PC crap.

I bet she will piss off alot of deafies and her email box will be full of hate "mail".

I agree with Toby...Leave ASL alone!!!

I watched the video..even though English is my first language, her signing hurted my eyes so I stopped watching it. It was too boring, dull, dry, and mechanical.

I do not understand SEE or PSL (whatever that is)..I understand ASL and PSE better.

This woman needs to take ASL classes.

Her proposal to change some signs to make them more neutral to gender or country reflects her failure to understand not only ASL but also the linguistics of signed languages. Her suggestions simply won't work. Her suggestions for feminine/masculine are bad - it is linguistically unsound.

I think her intentions are sincere and she was trying to make it "equal" but in fact, no language is truly "neutral." It simply does not exist. Biases and prejudices are evident in our languages. It's the way it works and it shapes the way our languages are formed.

Him? :cool:
Her? :barf:

Hey bitch! Leave ASL FUCKIN ALONE!!!!!! don't ever think about fuckin PSL, loser!!! :madfawk:

"PSL" = PRICK SELF LOSER!

I see alot people just barfed at her, can you be kindly barf into the bag, and when u all are done, please pass to me, and I will be gladly to send these bags to her as her gift for her attempt to accomplish the impossible feast!

How does that sounds to you, eh?

A friend of mine showed me this and I thought it was... retarded. :crazy:

While I understand what she is trying to do, it does seem too excessive to try to change all of these things. Heh!

QFT.

I understand what she is trying to do and it actually sounds good theoretically but in the end, it's just ridiculous.

I almost send e mail to her asking her where should I ship all barf bags to her? Should I?

Back