you take your pets to vet for checkup?

sara1981

Reaction score
you take pets for checkup?

i always take Pandy and walter to vet for checkup and both fine but not take Pandy with us to vet but only Walter its his first time checkup due vet fees..

the vet look at walter everything fine and the doctor get lab at walter and he barks its hard and got spill little blood on table.

but Walter very tired and he is baby puppy but he got slept with me after vet.

My dogs go every year and get blood drawn for heartworm check, and whatever shots they need.

Luckily it is not all for every dog every year as it does cost a lot.

dogs go to both holistic and conventional vets routinely for bloodwork and exams; my elderly dog gets chiro also. Don't do vaccinations and don't need teeth cleanings.

My dogs go every year and get blood drawn for heartworm check, and whatever shots they need.

Luckily it is not all for every dog every year as it does cost a lot.

my mom pay over $200 or $300 oh my gosh!! But im not sure about cat?

I have never brought an animal for a check-up.
Only go if they are sick.
Vacinations, I do myself.

my mom pay over $200 or $300 oh my gosh!! But im not sure about cat?

A cat is a little bit less than that. The teeth cleaning is most expensive, but very important. That is one of the reasons that all my cats have lived so long :)

A cat is a little bit less than that. The teeth cleaning is most expensive, but very important. That is one of the reasons that all my cats have lived so long :)

I know this thread is kind of old but I couldn't resist. I also know you are so right. keeping their teeth clean and gums messaged helps keep them healthy.

I have two adorable kitties who are about 3 now. My tuxedo boy is absolutely neurotic, scared nearly to death of everything. He got sick when he wasn't even 1 year old.

He had Idiopathic feline vestibular syndrome, Hyperthropic cardiomyopathy, and cardiac arrythmia

I swear he got the vestibular syndrome [dizzy kitty] from ingesting petroleum that was on a Don Azlett chain link mat I bought at QVC. One thing I was told was that it's suspected it's from ear infections and the rest unknown as to why they get it every year at the change of the season. Well my best guess would be to do surveys from us owners and ask what new products we bought and keep in the home where the pet is. One may be allergic or have a severe reaction or it may be toxic to one cat and not the other. Sheesh they don't even ask. Anyway I fear he may not survive being put under anesthesia to have his teeth cleaned. I know his sister should be ok and she didn't get the dizzy kitty syndrome he got because she didn't go near the mats...He was like a drug addict rubbing his face all over it and the paper that came in the box with it. I think he inhaled so much of that horrible stink that it gave him neurological damage. Add that to a slight ear infection I suspected they both had he never had a chance. The vet I first took them too said "they are kittens they aren't going to have anything wrong with them" I order, not asked Ordered him to check their ears he looked with a glance and an attitude and I never went back to him again. Never keep a vet because the receptionsist or assitant is nice from now on always go by what kind of person the vet is. Painful and expensive lesson learned there.

Anyway I"m going to bring all his medical records from the animal hospital with me and ask if it's safe to clean his teeth. I don't want him or his sister to get gingivitis like my previous precious little kitty had some 10 years ago. Her gingivitis, I suspect, led to her having kidney failure. She was a stray off the street and appeared to have been owned at one time and had kittens but i never found them. she had decay on her teeth so bad it popped off like think metal shield being pried off. The goddam vet didn't tell me she needed them cleaned when she was under anesthesia for being fixed and I could have killed him for not doing both while he had the chance. All he had to do was call me the son of a bitch. I don't want this to happen to my two little furry babies I have now. To make it worse I can't catch him to put in a carrier and have no one to help me:( I hope the vet will help me if I can get him to come out for a check up visit and pay for that then have him help me get him in a carrier while the vet is there. with that arrhythmia I am so afraid I will lose him.

All of my cats rarely needed Vet and lived to very old age (17, 21, 16 and current cat is 16 going on 2) They were netured at 6 months and regularly de-flea/wormed.

The dogs however are different. Since my dog travels with me he has passport so he needed to be jabbed for everything to allow him out of UK and return to UK without quaratine. It's price to pay but he's my dog, he's my resposiblity, I love him to bits and wouldn't want him in Kennels while I am having brilliant time! and My cat loves to have the house to herself (neighbour feeds her)

Back