You might be a Floridian if....

I've been to Florida many times, and one year I got a tattoo. My friend and I went to Disneyworld the next day and I chose to wear a bikini top with shorts so the tattoo could dry off and not rub on my clothes. It was about 70 that day (late February.) Which is a piece of cake considering I'm from Minnesota. And all the other people in the ride lines at Disneyworld looked at me funny - several even asked if I was crazy "for wearing shorts and a bikini in frigid temperatures". :lol:

:lol:

Just like my friends from Ohio. That are visiting Florida for spring break. Yesterday! Windy and chilly. I had a pair of jeans, and a t-shirt on. They had their bathing suits and shorts on. They asked me if I wanted to join them to see the Manatees. I said no. It is pretty windy and chilly, out on the beach. They just laughed and told me, that it is very warm compare to where they live.

For sure ur a Floridian...if you've got an alligator in ur dog house....

Sad but true. Seen it in the news several times.

Might be a Floridian.... if you had a gator eat or attack your dog before.

HAHA!...How about them 'gators on a stick...people walking them at the fair or flea markets?...I had one a few years ago! Cute!...(NOT a real 'gator!)

HAHA!...How about them 'gators on a stick...people walking them at the fair or flea markets?...I had one a few years ago! Cute!...(NOT a real 'gator!)

:rofl2:

I have seen those!!! The plastic little things, kids walk around with ...Chomping,
when the pull the trigger!!

Might be a Floridian..... if you actually ate Gator meat! Yummy!!! :D

I love Florida, I been there many times and man, it's soooo warm! I love it... but sadly I live in State of Washington where it's freezing! Last year in April, I was visiting Orlando Florida for 15 days and I loved it, it was so warm. Even though it was warm, I wore Jeans and sweatshirt most of the time because I get cold easily and I do consider 70 to 80 degrees a bit chilly. But On hot days while I was in Florida, I was just wearing shorts and tank top with bathing suit under it.

I may not be Floridian.... but I am in heart.... I just love it!

I have had a person from up north tell me that even when the temps are down in the 40's it feels so cold to them... Due to the humidity level is still somewhat there. They tell me that a dry cold, is more bearable like the dry heat.

Dunno if it is true..or not.

I have had a person from up north tell me that even when the temps are down in the 40's it feels so cold to them... Due to the humidity level is still somewhat there. They tell me that a dry cold, is more bearable like the dry heat.

Dunno if it is true..or not.

I wouldn't know, but I CAN tell you that I'm from MD, so anything below 60 degrees is freakin' cold to me! Of course, now that I live in FL and have for 10or so years, everything below 70 degrees is freakin' cold to me! :lol:

I wouldn't know, but I CAN tell you that I'm from MD, so anything below 60 degrees is freakin' cold to me! Of course, now that I live in FL and have for 10or so years, everything below 70 degrees is freakin' cold to me! :lol:

Yup! I know what it was like since I grew up in Indiana and now a Floridan for almost 7 years. It certainly gets funny!

It has to do with the body temperament adjusting once living in Fla after a while, rather after 2 or 3 years depending on.

Say if it gets 60 degrees here being a Floridan, it feels mere like 45 degrees aka midwest's 45 degrees in a sense... while for a midwestern or easterner it would feel like warm, not so cool.

Yup! I know what it was like since I grew up in Indiana and now a Floridan for almost 7 years. It certainly gets funny!

It has to do with the body temperament adjusting once living in Fla after a while, rather after 2 or 3 years depending on.

Say if it gets 60 degrees here being a Floridan, it feels mere like 45 degrees aka midwest's 45 degrees in a sense... while for a midwestern or easterner it would feel like warm, not so cool.

This friend, I am speaking of, when she said... It feels colder in Florida than does in Colorado.

She said that the dry cold is more bearable. The humid, damp, misty, cold was worse. She moved back up to Colorado, before the winter was over.

I do understand how one can adapt, and adjust to the Florida weather.

Many do say the humidity effects the temps one way or another.

Dunno... I have never seen snow, or experienced the dessert dry air. :wave:

This friend, I am speaking of, when she said... It feels colder in Florida than does in Colorado.

She said that the dry cold is more bearable. The humid, damp, misty, cold was worse. She moved back up to Colorado, before the winter was over.

I do understand how one can adapt, and adjust to the Florida weather.

Many do say the humidity effects the temps one way or another.

Dunno... I have never seen snow, or experienced the dessert dry air. :wave:

Yup, it does!

The humidity can seep inside your skin so therefore coldness can seep inside your skin then it feels colder that way.

Dry air couldn't seep inside your skin then you wouldn't feel so cold like the humidity could do you.

Just like whenever you get wet and go outside when it's cold, it feels much colder than it would if you are dry going outside cold.

Yup, it does!

The humidity can seep inside your skin so therefore coldness can seep inside your skin then it feels colder that way.

Dry air couldn't seep inside your skin then you wouldn't feel so cold like the humidity could do you.

Just like whenever you get wet and go outside when it's cold, it feels much colder than it would if you are dry going outside cold.

What I thought. :D

I have been to Minnesota before. Still did not see snow :(

The temps was 17 degrees there at the time. Did not feel as cold as it would be here at 40 degrees.

What I thought. :D

I have been to Minnesota before. Still did not see snow :(

The temps was 17 degrees there at the time. Did not feel as cold as it would be here at 40 degrees.

Hmm... I went to Minnesota last Dec 2005 visiting my family for the x-mas and hoped that it wasn't too cold but luckily, it wasn't that cold yet they had lot of snow. Nice!

Hope someday you will have the chance for the snow... so beautiful!

Hmm... I went to Minnesota last Dec 2005 visiting my family for the x-mas and hoped that it wasn't too cold but luckily, it wasn't that cold yet they had lot of snow. Nice!

Hope someday you will have the chance for the snow... so beautiful!

:lol: Born and raised in Florida.

Perhaps one day, I will see snow..

You might be a Floridian if.... You know what a true sun burn is.

You might be Floridian if... You refer to a thunderstorm as a "light show".

I swear, lightning does not deter my friends in Tampa! LOL

Back