you heard me!!

Babyblue

Reaction score
Have you ever been in an situation where you honestly did not hear what a person said??

Then be accused of not hearing them on purpose or been accused of having selective hearing!?

I would tell them I did not hear you. HONESTLY

Then they would say. "You heard me!"

The fight is on!

That was the story of my life growing up. It was always my fault for not hearing nor understanding people often. Shame on me! :lol:

Yes, this has happened to me many times (in my hearing aid days). :( When people would accuse me of having selective hearing, I'd feel like telling them, "Right. I'm deliberately asking you to repeat yourself just to annoy you." <rolling eyes>

That happen to me so many times. Like my mother use to tell me when I was little " you can hear if you wanted too" :roll:

That happen to me so many times. Like my mother use to tell me when I was little " you can hear if you wanted too" :roll:

I had some one tell me that before. They told me it was all in my head.

Mind over matter.

That person even handed me the book of. "Dynamics"

Can you imagine?

AVT...that is all I have to say :roll:

AVT is all she had to say.... :roll:

No offense but since that is all she had to say ...

Can anyone one tell me what. AVT means??

Always willing to learn something new.

Wow are you sure we didn't have the same mother? :eek3:

Auditory-Verbal Training...

"It is truly integrating hearing into the child’s personality so that the child becomes assimilated into our community. It is both embracing and fostering a lifestyle that enables children, in spite of their deafness, to achieve their rightful places in our society. It is a means by which children with significant hearing loss are taught how to hear, how to listen, how to understand the language of their normally hearing parents, and how to effectively speak that same language. It is an approach enabling us to ensure that all of our hearing impaired children attain their civil rights to language and literacy. It is developing effective partnerships between professionals and parents as well as strengthening the family unit.

It is obviously so much more than a method or a bunch of techniques and strategies. The AV communication option significantly alters the concept and practice of school programs for deaf children as they’ve existed for the past 150 years. The deaf child is no longer relegated to a world of silence and illiteracy."

Basically an idea that a deaf child can be taught to use their residual hearing without visual cues, to understand speech. I did it for YEARS. It didn't work...

This happens often at work, and even one gal thinks I'm pretending to be deaf. :dunno:

edit Ah, interesting, now that's something new. :ty: Jenny

LOL.................when I was little when I would ask people if they were deaf, they always went "No, but you are!"
I always love going " I heard you I'm not.............oh wait, never mind!" :)

lol.................when i was little when i would ask people if they were deaf, they always went "no, but you are!"
i always love going " i heard you i'm not.............oh wait, never mind!" :)

lol

Auditory-Verbal Training...

"It is truly integrating hearing into the child’s personality so that the child becomes assimilated into our community. It is both embracing and fostering a lifestyle that enables children, in spite of their deafness, to achieve their rightful places in our society. It is a means by which children with significant hearing loss are taught how to hear, how to listen, how to understand the language of their normally hearing parents, and how to effectively speak that same language. It is an approach enabling us to ensure that all of our hearing impaired children attain their civil rights to language and literacy. It is developing effective partnerships between professionals and parents as well as strengthening the family unit.

It is obviously so much more than a method or a bunch of techniques and strategies. The AV communication option significantly alters the concept and practice of school programs for deaf children as they’ve existed for the past 150 years. The deaf child is no longer relegated to a world of silence and illiteracy."

Basically an idea that a deaf child can be taught to use their residual hearing without visual cues, to understand speech. I did it for YEARS. It didn't work...

Wow.

AVT is something new to me.

Teaching a deaf person to hear. If it did work people would be Lined up to doso instead of CIs.

i've been accused many times of selective hearing despite being fully deaf-i just ignore the idiots who dont realise the situation

If they think I'm pretending to be deaf, then sod them.

I had former co workers who would deliberately whisper behind me and I would ask them to repeat themselves they would shout "you heard me!".

I would shake my head and walk away.

My mother would accuse me of hearing what I wanted to hear lol and I admit when I was a kid I Did! But that didn't last long my Mom would make me repeat after her so she would know I heard and understand. Smart woman she is.

Back