you heard about VBAC?

sara1981

Reaction score
mostly pregnant mothers never knew about words called VBAC? its hard answer this question!

how you think answer your question about VBAC? from doctors,family,friends,works,co-workers,etc.

i never heard from VBAC before but the Duggars had baby girl name is Jennifer who born as via VBAC.

you have any question of VBAC.

Rare...not very many succeed. MOST OB/GYN do not recommended. That's what I've heard...BUT I can be WRONG though.

My SIL did tried that with 2nd child with VBAC and ended up had another C-section. Her last baby was delivered via by C-section (planned that way since she know she cannot have VBAC though). She said AS LONG AS the baby COMES out healthy, that's all count! I agreed with her. If I happened to have C-section, I would have to accept it.

Actually vbacs have a success rate between 60-80%... and considering the c-section rate is approaching 35% in some places, those odds are pretty fair. My ob/gyn did not necessarily support a vbac so I switched to a midwife, and had a vbac with my second. I agree that a healthy mom and baby is the most important thing, but it is not the only thing that matters. Statistically speaking a vbac carries fewer risks for mom and baby than a c-section.

Yes i have heard of VBAC. some women can have it .. some cant due to weak plantena or wall..depend on. Dr will have to check and make sure you are safe to deliver vaginally after having C-section. hope this helps.

Actually vbacs have a success rate between 60-80%... and considering the c-section rate is approaching 35% in some places, those odds are pretty fair. My ob/gyn did not necessarily support a vbac so I switched to a midwife, and had a vbac with my second. I agree that a healthy mom and baby is the most important thing, but it is not the only thing that matters. Statistically speaking a vbac carries fewer risks for mom and baby than a c-section.

The biggest risk with a VBAC is the scar from the cesarean - whether it was a vertical cut or a horizontal, or bikini-line cut. The odds are more in favor of a VBAC with the bikini cut, which is considered standard procedure these days. Also, if mom is in a hospital setting and is given certain drugs - like pitocin, she is also more likely to have severe complications related to a previous cesarean. However, pitocin is yet another drug that is overprescribed, as it strengthens contractions so a mother can have her baby more according to the doctor's time table.

If you want to read about cesareans and vbacs, you can read "Misconceptions" by Naomi Wolf or you can go to VBAC.com - a woman-centered, evidence based, resource.

Back