you have experience knee pains?!?

During my last year of running, it was very painful. Often, during road races, one of my knees would separate, and I would cross the finish line with tears streaming down my cheeks, dragging my leg like Quasimodo. Not a pretty sight. The race attendants along the way would ask me, "Are you OK?" I would say, "Yes" but the tears were flowing.

I am sorry. My aunt and uncle used to jog for many years. Until they hit around late 50's. They stopped jogging and uncle's legs were sort of wobbling due not to have good supports with the knee caps and joints. my aunt had knees pain. they said it caused their knees so pain by jogging to put heavy pressures on their kneecaps. I wish I knew what was it called for their knees problem. My aunt passed away all of a sudden that i didnt have chances to ask her about it. I wouldnt ask my uncle now since he is still grieving without her.

Thks, Sosie!....guess this type of surgery is expensive?....Also had a friend that has a "plastic kneecap"....(football injury)...

You are welcome!

The big cost of knee or hip replacement is the cost of the surgery, hospital stay, and rehab treatment after the surgery. I think the cost of the ceramic, metal or plastic replacement part would not matter nearly as much as the cost of the surgery.

Also, from what I have read there is not much information about how long some of the new types last. They are supposed to last longer, but they might not.

Both my kneecaps slipped out of place during the night. So, I am just resting as much as possible. Have to take MIL to hairdresser at 3, but at least I will be sitting down the whole time.

Ouchie... have you experiencing pain behind your knee caps?

During my last year of running, it was very painful. Often, during road races, one of my knees would separate, and I would cross the finish line with tears streaming down my cheeks, dragging my leg like Quasimodo. Not a pretty sight. The race attendants along the way would ask me, "Are you OK?" I would say, "Yes" but the tears were flowing.

Reba, I am sorry to hear that. I can imagine that it's so painful when you jog. Hugs!!!
No more jogging! Just walk. ;)

Reba, I am sorry to hear that. I can imagine that it's so painful when you jog. Hugs!!!
No more jogging! Just walk. ;)
Yes, I switched from running to walking. Then I got heel spurs! I even had to use a cane for a while. Then the spurs went away by themselves.

VA (Tricare) hospitals policy is they won't do foot or leg surgery until a person is in a wheelchair. They did give me a free wooden cane! :lol:

Yes, I switched from running to walking. Then I got heel spurs! I even had to use a cane for a while. Then the spurs went away by themselves.

VA (Tricare) hospitals policy is they won't do foot or leg surgery until a person is in a wheelchair. They did give me a free wooden cane! :lol:

:lol: That's cheap.

I am sorry. My aunt and uncle used to jog for many years. Until they hit around late 50's. They stopped jogging and uncle's legs were sort of wobbling due not to have good supports with the knee caps and joints. my aunt had knees pain. they said it caused their knees so pain by jogging to put heavy pressures on their kneecaps. I wish I knew what was it called for their knees problem. My aunt passed away all of a sudden that i didnt have chances to ask her about it. I wouldnt ask my uncle now since he is still grieving without her.
They might have developed chondromalacia like I have. The sports physician that diagnosed me described it this way: "Your knee tissue is like ground up hamburger meat."

:lol:

Hot tub help relax my knee. It's sex's fault that make cause my legs go crazy. ahhh oops.

Ouchie... have you experiencing pain behind your knee caps?

No, no pain that I can think of. It happens a lot while I am sleeping. Since my original injuries tore so much up and I live in a constant state of pain, I guess I don't notice it. The knee caps slip quite often and at the stupidest times. It's quite common to see me just leaning over and slipping them back with no trouble. The doc wants me to walk with braces on all the time. Here in Florida, the braces he wants me to use are too hot and I don't want to be sweating all the time if I can help it.

I went to dr today becaus I'm miss appt few days due bad weather so i told reception from dr about appt and moved to Friday January 14th at nine am

Doctor very nice and checkup my knee and give me shot they I got another appt in 2 month..

I went to dr today becaus I'm miss appt few days due bad weather so i told reception from dr about appt and moved to Friday January 14th at nine am

Doctor very nice and checkup my knee and give me shot they I got another appt in 2 month..
Did the shot help reduce your pain?

That sounds sooo painful!

I used to have pains in my knees but since losing 40 lbs, no pains at all while running. *knocking on wood*

That sounds sooo painful!

I used to have pains in my knees but since losing 40 lbs, no pains at all while running. *knocking on wood*
Ironically, when I had my worst knee pains is when I was in the best shape of my life as a runner. I was always pushing myself to do more. I did make it up to a half marathon. :)

Did the shot help reduce your pain?

yes!

when i got nap and my knee cant get better enough but i have appt in 2 month on March but i had hard stress on my knee but doctor say must rest all the times..

Back